This thread is privately moderated by neonext FPV, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 17, 2018, 03:16 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Review of Eachine ProDVR and installation into Fatshark Predator V2

Eachine ProDVR Pro DVR Mini Video Audio Recorder for FPV and how to wired it on Fatshark Predator V2

Eachine ProDVR Pro from Banggood.com - 17,99$

Specification:

Brand name: Eachine
Item name: ProDVR Video Audio Recorder
Operating Voltage: DC 5V
Video Format: NTSC/PAL
Video Output Size: VGA(640*480px)D1(720*480)HD(1280*480)
Light Frequency: 50HZ/60HZ
Compress Format: MJPEG
Records Frame Rate: 30 Frames
Max Support: 32G TF Card
Size: 41mm*32.9mm*9mm
Weight: only 9.5g

Package Included:

1 X DVR recorder
1 X Power supply, CAM cable
1 X Video cable
1 X Key lead wire
1 X DIY powersupply, CAM cable
1 X DIY video cable
2 X 3M adhesive
1 X Manual

PROS
First of all this little DVR from Eachine has great specification. It is very light weight (only 9.5g) and small dimensions which provides easy installation on your googles. It can record in VGA(640*480px) D1 (720*480) HD (1280*480). and it records 30 FPS.

CONS
First version of this DVR has issue with cropping video but with new firmware issue was resolved ( Update instructions on bottom of the page ). Some people reported issues with black screen on new 1.6 version.

Update instructions:

Unplug power from ProDVR. Put micro SD card into card reader and connect it to the computer. Extract CRESFW.BIN file into root folder of the SD card. Put micro SD card into ProDVR. Plug in the power. ProDVR led will start to flash. First slower then faster then slower. Wait about 1 min until the LED will turn off. Don't hurry and don't unplug power too early! After LED will turn off you can disconnect and reconnect power to the PRODVR. Don't forget that you will need to set PAL/NTSC and other settings again as defaults have been loaded.

Warning: Flashing ProDVR sometimes ends in bricking the device.
Last edited by neonext FPV; Aug 17, 2018 at 04:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2018, 03:49 PM
Thread OP
Adding Eachine ProDVR to Fatshark Predator V2 Googles

In this tutorial Iím using Eachine DVR Pro V1.4 with 5150 Chip and FATSHARK Predator V2.

This tutorial is made for users who have DVR that needs 5V operating voltage and want to reduce cables .

To open Fatshark Predator V2 you need to unscrew the two screws on bottom of the googles and remove top cover. Be careful when removing the top cover you must unplug two cables.

From left side take out RX Module

You need to solder 4 wires on RX module - 5V (RED) 2 x GND (BLACK) and VIDEO (YELLOW) wire
On the bottom side of receiver pinouts are marked.

I made little cut for wires at the end of the googles.

For the end take 3M adhesive ( included in package ) and glue the DVR on googles

Last edited by neonext FPV; Aug 17, 2018 at 04:07 PM.
Aug 17, 2018, 04:03 PM
Thread OP
DVR flight record
Realacc X210 | Racerstar Labs 28A DS600 | Racerstar BR2305S (4 min 24 sec)
Last edited by neonext FPV; Aug 30, 2018 at 02:05 PM.
Jan 09, 2019, 08:39 AM
lurking in the HOLE :)
neonext, still using your Predators? I'm looking at embedding a DVR into the goggle body and remote mounting the switches. I have already made a bunch of mods to my Predators including the V2 faceplate which is brilliant. Tonight I just completed transferring the displays and optics from my really old Fatshark Base edition goggles (2011 I think I got them). So my Predator V2's have hedtracking, faceplate fan and now 46 degree FOV. Next step is to add the DVR.

Anyway if you will be keeping your Predators definitely consider getting the Dominator V2 faceplate. So much more comfortable and no fogging. It requires one single M2 or M2.5 screw. I used a spare screw from one of my foxeer cam mounting hardware packs.
Sep 03, 2019, 02:48 AM
Hi guys, I wired my ProDVR mini to my RC305 vrx directly with wires but I got black screen on recordings..... The only way to get movies recording was to place in series a resistor ( a few Ohms) between the Out of Vrx and the IN of the ProDvr Mini but then the image was poor and grainy....
Is there a way to avoid the resistor ?
Thank you !

Quick Reply