Aug 16, 2018, 03:51 PM
TEAM TWISTED
Thread OP
New Product

The 39" Flash - New from Twisted Hobbys and RC Factory

Greetings everyone. Welcome to the official thread to help celebrate a newly revised Flash from the great designers and pilots over at RC Factory and Twisted Hobbys. We work hard to make things as easy as possible for you.

Name: 1738-973_973.jpg
Views: 105
Size: 185.0 KB
Description:

Name: 1741-1632 v1.jpg
Views: 108
Size: 429.7 KB
Description: The 39" Flash - Reloaded

As you may recall, the Flash was a 36" design originally. Now, let's take the tried and true Flash design up a notch to 39 inches. There are many other tweaks as well that really help improve upon the already solid "Flash" design.

David from RC Factory writes: The new Flash is an improvement of the original 3D trainer that was produced under the same name. Although the main specs remain similar, the model was totally re-engineered to yield an easier and more straight-forward build. Concentrated demand from customers brought about the need to produce a larger 3D trainer that would do anything you ask, handle a stiff breeze and yet feel predictable. You will appreciate the forgiving characteristics and smooth, linear response. This new Flash model will give up and coming pilots a means to learning 3D maneuvers with a little more confidence.

Here is the link to the build manual from RCF's website: Build Manual

So, since I have built and flown this model, obviously, I will try to help out with questions if they should arise. Please bear in mind that when I built my model there was no manual yet, so, I may have built my plane slightly different than some. Luckily I have built a few of planes in my days I regret that I didn't do my own build log with pictures but I didn't want to take anyone down the wrong path should the build manual come out and do something differently.

On top of the comments that David has offered, I would say that the maiden was jaw dropping. It took very little trimming and the plane was tracking like a precision/pattern plane. I think the plane looks great in the air, it snaps clean both ways, very little coupling and, once you have that going for you, all you need to worry about is charging packs and having fun. I found my kit very easy to build like I said, but an extra bonus, it was easy to make the wiring look nice and neat. You don't always get to do that.

So, everyone, here is my short video to help show you how this new Flash "feels" in the air. The day was near perfect with maybe 5 to 10 knots coming straight down the runway right to left. The plane is a gem. I hope you enjoy the video.

The 39 Flash Reloaded NEW 3D Plane from Twisted and RCF (3 min 57 sec)

So, let the games begin. I hope many of you get a chance to try this new 39 out.

Take care friends,
Rolling Circle
Last edited by ROLLING CIRCLE; Aug 16, 2018 at 04:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2018, 04:19 PM
Looks great Aaron! Love the flying, this model looks great in the air.
Aug 16, 2018, 04:24 PM
TEAM TWISTED!
Such a sweet looking model! Great flying, too
Aug 16, 2018, 07:59 PM
Fly Low
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yeet.
Aug 17, 2018, 01:04 PM
ChrisG does 3D!
I want one. Maybe replace my aging 39 inch Crack Yak. Looks nice and mellow, which is more my style.
Aug 18, 2018, 08:33 PM
Team Twisted!
Nothing like the Flash. The new one looks to fly great. Always enjoyed the Flash. Reload and fly again. Great style Aaron.
Aug 19, 2018, 10:27 PM
TEAM TWISTED
Thread OP
Thanks to all of you (Ethan, Benton, Brad, RCVG, Wamsy). This 39 is very solid and predictable. I want to try it out in more wind and make a report because I'm thinking it will be just as solid, if not more solid, than the other 39 inch planes in the lineup. Flies more like an Extra 300, I like it as good, if not better, than the 39" CY so far.
Last edited by ROLLING CIRCLE; Aug 19, 2018 at 10:34 PM.
Sep 10, 2018, 07:07 AM
Thank you for sharing this wonderful video with us Mike J÷bstl
FLASH Reloaded EPP RC-Factory (2 min 12 sec)
Sep 10, 2018, 02:33 PM
TEAM TWISTED!
Very cool video of the Flash Reloaded!
Sep 18, 2018, 12:57 PM
TEAM TWISTED
Thread OP
No doubt +1
Nice combination of building and flying
Sep 18, 2018, 04:42 PM
seriously considering this plane. It has a fresh look that is much more than just the color scheme. It may be called a trainer, but all the moves are there. Might be nice to have a change in scenery, so to speak, over my 39" Edge and CY.
Sep 19, 2018, 01:58 PM
Old's Cool
The 39" Hacker Edge that TH is now carrying also looks interesting.
Sep 19, 2018, 02:22 PM
yes it does. A friend is flying the Hacker Edge. We compared it closely with my RC factory 39"Edge. Very similar. Main difference is a plywood gear plate instead of plastic. Some other smalll things as well. Nice flying plane.
Last edited by Steps; Sep 19, 2018 at 02:42 PM.
Sep 19, 2018, 02:28 PM

Pulled the trigger!

Just ordered the 39" flash and power combo. Chose the nebula which will annoy my buddy 'cause he got that one too
From the vid it looks to fly really well and I love this size range. It looks just different enough that I have to have it. I fly a lot in the winter since its easier to get on the ball fields and the wind is usually light. It will be nice to have a new plane going into the winter season.
Sep 19, 2018, 03:23 PM
Old's Cool
We'll be waiting for your report!

Quick Reply