3D Printed Tiny Boat!

Check out this 3D Printed Tiny Boat project that you can make at home.

Splash

An RC Boat You Can Print

3D Printers are very cool and allow you to make all sorts of things right in your own home. We saw this 3D printed tiny boat project and thought it was great and wanted to share. It prints in two pieces with the main hull printed vertically in one piece. The motor mounts are printed as a second piece and slide into the main hull and need to be secured with glue.

Once the boat is printed and assembled you can add your electronics. An Inductrix style flight control board from a drone is needed and it takes 6mm motors with tiny whoop props. It only needs two motors and the designer recommends the rear motors from an inductrix. In the video he's using the throttle stick for forward propulsion and the rudder stick for steering with differential thrust. It looks like a fun project that is cheap to put together and will be a blast in smaller ponds and pools. If you have a 3D Printer, you should give this one a try.

Check out the 3D Printed Tiny Boat Here

TINY BOAT | Gophy (4 min 41 sec)

Aug 16, 2018, 12:03 PM
That's a cool project...If I still lived on a lake, I would definitely print and assemble this...
Aug 16, 2018, 12:48 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Heh-heh. Such cleanly printed parts, only to be sloppily hot-glued together...

Yes you could use the stock 11,000KV coreless motors, but faster ones up to 25,000KV are available. I run 17,000KV's in my "Tiny Whoop" FPV quads.

This boat is similar to the hovercraft kits being sold by places like Bang Good, though those use four 6x15mm Inductrix motors. if you don't have a small pond or pool available, go hover instead!
https://www.banggood.com/Realacc-Tin...l?rmmds=search

https://www.banggood.com/EPP-Tiny-Wh...l?rmmds=search
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Aug 16, 2018 at 01:13 PM.
Aug 16, 2018, 02:16 PM
100% electric since 1990
I do have a koi pond, and an inductrix sitting around...

if I do it I would probably mash something together out of foam board, ply, and carbon fiber for the motor holders (no 3d printer but it looks like a 30 minute project tops).

I also cringed at the hot glue, although I admit that I use it more often after building a few flite test projects.
Aug 28, 2018, 11:20 AM
Born again RC'er
This boat looks cool. I have a few extra induxtric clones sitting around. The tiny hovercraft is also on my "to print" list -

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2780800

Quick Reply