Aug 16, 2018, 03:43 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Setting up an Orange RX3SM on a DX9

I have recently put an Orange RX3SM all-in-one unit into a micro foam plane so I can use my DX9. The issue that I'm having is that the servos are not moving enough/much at all in stability mode. It makes this plane quite hard to fly in wind.

- I'm able to turn the stability "mode" off using the AUX1 channel and switch on the DX9
- I have set the "Travel" for the channel at 0, and then at 50, then 55, through to 150.
At 0 the Stability is On but does not move the ailerons much - about 1mm at most
At 50 the Stability is On but does not move the ailerons much - about 1mm at most
At 55 the Stability is On but does not move the ailerons much - about 1mm at most
At 150 the Stability is Off - ailerons do not move at all
- I have changed the trim pots on the RX3SM to every imaginable position without any discernible results

I can't get the ailerons to move much at all with Stability mode. They function perfectly using the DX9 stick, just not in the stability mode.

As a point of reference they used to move a good 5mm under the old gyro/all-in-one. Now they move about 1mm with the RX3SM.

Can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of what the settings need to be to get the ailerons moving properly?

I'm pretty much having this exact issue:
OrangeRx RX3SM low gyro sensitivity (3 min 4 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply