This thread is privately moderated by Clickety, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 15, 2018, 02:42 PM
Isaiah 40:31
Thread OP
Download

Gloster Meteor 2 x 64mm EDF/Pusher

The Gloster Meteor was the first Jet allied production aircraft, powered by jet engines straight from the hand of the Jet turbine inventor -Sir Frank Whittle.

This model has been designed to take up to 2 x 64mm EDF, or twin pushers.
For the pusher version, I recommend racing quad motors and 5" props
For the EDF version, I recommend FMS 64" using either 3 or 4 cell.

I designed it for both the f4 and f8 version as they had the longer (wider) jet exhaust which makes it more suitable for EDF. It has a 90% thrust tube built in.

Many nations around the world used meteors and there are some fabulous colour schemes available.

Plans have moved to :-
www.jetworks.online
Last edited by Clickety; Jan 12, 2019 at 02:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2018, 07:25 PM
Very cool! The Dynam version is expensive and disappointing, I just may build this!
Oct 25, 2018, 03:07 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Angelo, well if you do, please post your build pics!
Jan 07, 2019, 05:43 PM
Hi Clickety,
Awesome plan for a great looking machine! Planning to build as a MK-III replicating the only example our air force operated (RNZAF).
Dave.
Jan 08, 2019, 05:53 AM
Thread OP
Great Stuff! Please post build pics! Would love to see you progress
Jan 08, 2019, 01:13 PM
Will do! I have printed the plans and will start carving up foam sheets today. The photo attached is the aircraft I'm going to paint the model as.
Thinking about how best to simulate the smaller tailpipe of the MK 3 - I may add a 3d printed dummy pipes off the rear of the motor housing inside the nacelle similar to the old gasser ducted fan fairings but protruding out of the nacelle.
Jan 08, 2019, 01:15 PM
Thread OP
Fantastic! That looks great scheme. I deliberately avoided the F.3 variant as it didn't lend itself to EDF easily. I can't wait so see your build!!
May 15, 2019, 01:46 AM
I have finally managed to get round to building the Meteor, and have a query regarding the canopy.
I am building the laminated version and it appears that its too small? Any chance of getting that confirmed?
I've checked my prints and I'm sure they have printed correctly.
May 15, 2019, 02:25 AM
Thread OP
Oh dear that won’t do! Can you send a photo of your work?

Which canopy are you making? Oh yes the mk.3

Cheers

Craig
Last edited by Clickety; May 15, 2019 at 03:02 AM.
May 15, 2019, 03:30 AM
Hi Craig, I'm trying to do that very thing however I'm struggling to make it happen (damned phone cameras) lol
May 15, 2019, 03:33 AM
Think I've got it
May 15, 2019, 07:34 AM
Thread OP
Something doesn’t seem right. Did you get the correct scale on your canopy drawing when you printed it?
May 15, 2019, 07:36 AM
Thread OP
Actually I suspect it might be correct I would need to look at the cad model when I get home there’s lots of fuselage that needs to be removed / sanded to reveal the correct fuselage shape which could give the impression that it’s too small.
May 15, 2019, 04:04 PM
Hi Craig,

Yes I checked and re checked the scale on the prints before cutting the canopy pieces.
The impression I have is that the rear of the canopy should rest at the scalloped top sheet and the forward edge should meet the midline of the forward fuselage top upper? (based on the last cad render in the instructions).
Everything else seems to be the same scale (including the Vert Stab from the same page as the canopy template).
Regards,
Dave.
May 16, 2019, 10:48 PM
Thread OP
Hi Dave,

I've checked against the CAD model, and the Mk4 canopy is shorter than the Mk8. This is what you are seeing. see image attached.

Its an oversight on my part as the depron top piece only caters for the MK8! You will need to make an infil piece in depron to bridge the gap.

My apologies! I've put some dimensions on their to help identify the sizes if you want to cross reference it.

Most of the top panel is sanded away to help create the oval sectioned fuselage anyway so there won't be much of that depron piece left by the time you are done.

I hope this has explained what has happened.

Kind regards

Craig

Quick Reply