Aug 27, 2018, 06:15 AM
Grade A Reviews

I'd really love to throw this home my review blogs and sites!

Has anyone else had major issues with banggoods policies regarding their insurance service before? I'm tentative to order this and I really want to but my very first order ever with this company I didn't receive it and it was stolen and even though I purchased insurance they refused to replace it even though they had the evidence and admitted themselves that it was stolen from me did not honor their insurance. Problem is they have great stuff and I want to continue to get stuff from them should I just eat my pride and continue to order or is this something that other people experience often? I know this is a post about this quad but I really want this quad it would be great because I teach a class for Father & Sons and this looks to be like it would be wonderful to put on my recommended quads list for my intermediate class.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2018, 07:21 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
If a shipment has insurance, then this should be honored. Did you contact BG over customer service email or live chat?
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Aug 27, 2018, 08:14 PM
monkeymagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKevin
Thanks, scousethief.
The quads is upcoming, and we are looking for reviewers now.
PS: I love the color. lol
Hi Kevin I'd be interested in reviewing if you have available. My website: QuadifyRC.com PM me if you'd like to see site stats.

I'll also be reviewing the $115 TeroQ215 kit so should make for a compelling comparison.
Aug 28, 2018, 07:04 AM
Kevin, I am interested in giving this a go, too. This looks like a great upgrade to my current fleet of older ZMR and SPCMAKER 95GF.
Aug 30, 2018, 05:37 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Mine has arrived, expect photos

Added photos to first post
Last edited by scousethief; Aug 31, 2018 at 05:48 AM.
Aug 31, 2018, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Mine has arrived, expect photos

Added photos to first post
Do you think you could take a close-up of the FC's bottom side (with solder pads)?
Aug 31, 2018, 06:54 AM
Looks good in the unboxing.
Does it come with a plug to the battery?
Aug 31, 2018, 08:40 AM
Just ordered mine! Plus a Foxeer Arrow micro pro and FrSky xm+ nano.

Which battery do you suggest?
Aug 31, 2018, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slarticus
Looks good in the unboxing.
Does it come with a plug to the battery?

Comes with XT60 connector + wire

@Scouse: are you going to update the thread suffix to review instead of new product? Nice pictures, but background is a little distracting maybe.
Aug 31, 2018, 04:27 PM
Video uploaded:

WORLD’S BEST RACING DRONE UNDER $100 - TYRO 99 review (19 min 17 sec)
Aug 31, 2018, 04:28 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Will take the photos as requested.

@SoloProFan , m8 i wish she'd just leave the bloody furniture alone , that was a set of really nice oak tables ............ i come home one day and shes gone arts and crafts mental.

Those motors wires ............ eeeeeeeek ............ took me 2 hours to solder them in with the iron set at 450degrees and using a bucket load of flux , god knows were they got the motors from , once theyre in though they solid and the motors are smooth.

There must be different factories , the 2nd picture , the silver bit in the middle of the bolt head , thats the end of my steel allen key , literally snapped the end off my key so those bolts are bloody strong.

Last edited by scousethief; Aug 31, 2018 at 04:47 PM.
Aug 31, 2018, 05:03 PM
Quote:

@SoloProFan , m8 i wish she'd just leave the bloody furniture alone , that was a set of really nice oak tables ............ i come home one day and shes gone arts and crafts mental.

Self adhesive decoration sheets, I guess? My in-laws have been through that "phase" as well. I'd take oak over that fake and fast wearing decoration sticker anyday.
Aug 31, 2018, 06:12 PM
Just ordered one of these. Will my spektrum rx sat (DSMX) simply plug into the board? As well, how does the 12v camera gets its power? Is there a 12v pad somewhere, or can the VTX push out 12V?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote:

Those motors wires ............ eeeeeeeek ............ took me 2 hours to solder them in with the iron set at 450degrees and using a bucket load of flux , god knows were they got the motors from , once theyre in though they solid and the motors are smooth.

There must be different factories , the 2nd picture , the silver bit in the middle of the bolt head , thats the end of my steel allen key , literally snapped the end off my key so those bolts are bloody strong.

Aug 31, 2018, 08:56 PM
PowerMetalPilot
Just standing by for the fod on 5s haha.
Sep 01, 2018, 05:32 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Self adhesive decoration sheets, I guess? My in-laws have been through that "phase" as well. I'd take oak over that fake and fast wearing decoration sticker anyday.
No m8 theyre decorative "things" that get painted/glued/varnished , absolute pita , dont worry , if she ever goes out for more than half a day...........................Back and Decker sander time

Quick Reply