Thread Tools
Old Dec 20, 2004, 07:16 AM
ohadvr is offline
Find More Posts by ohadvr
Registered User
ohadvr's Avatar
Yippee!

Post your F5B ship pictures here


Hello everyone.
Let's see all of you're fast and beautiful F5B ships.
Information regarding the setup will be more than welcome.
I'll start with my Caleb, AXI 2820/10, 10X2200 NiCD, 11X7 prop':
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:01 AM
eitansl is offline
Find More Posts by eitansl
Registered User
Hi Ohad

Very nice

Eitan.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:12 AM
M. Koch is offline
Find More Posts by M. Koch
300 mph club ;-)
M. Koch's Avatar
Hi1
Here are some of my selfmade full-molded F5B competition planes!
First the Eisvogel which was flown this year at the F5B WC in York from two members of the italian national team which got the third place with the team!
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:21 AM
M. Koch is offline
Find More Posts by M. Koch
300 mph club ;-)
M. Koch's Avatar
Second my selfmade original Raketenwurm with V-tail!
I designed a new fuse for T-tail for the new reglement with a longer fuse nose to use 18-19 inch props and a longer tail! This new model was flown at the WC 2004 from a member of the japanese national team!
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:25 AM
M. Koch is offline
Find More Posts by M. Koch
300 mph club ;-)
M. Koch's Avatar
And here is a picture from some of my selfmade Twisters!
The last picture is from the new Raketenwurm T-Tail in a Ganymed-design special made for a colleauge of mine!

Ciao, Marcus
Old Dec 21, 2004, 03:27 PM
ohadvr is offline
Find More Posts by ohadvr
Registered User
ohadvr's Avatar
Eitan - thanks.
Marcus - this are unbelievably professional beautiful ships! Are the wings molded or fiber covered?
Old Dec 22, 2004, 02:34 AM
M. Koch is offline
Find More Posts by M. Koch
300 mph club ;-)
M. Koch's Avatar
Hi Ohad!
My selfmade F5B ships are full-molded with full-carbon wings or carbon-D-Box, Aramid-Carbon-fuse and high modulus carbon spars and special made shear webs! Everything is made under vacuum which allows to get extreme stiff and durable planes! The Eisvogel i made for the italian team for York only weighs 480 g including the 5 Servos and cables at full competition strength! For comparison a Ariane V11 weighs 510 g without any servos with less strength! It is not possible to fly the V11 in competition because it is to heavy and weak!
The planes come out of the molds in full colour! Nothing to do afterwards !

Ciao, Marcus
Old Dec 22, 2004, 03:45 AM
Up&Away is offline
Find More Posts by Up&Away
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Up&Away's Avatar
It's one of those "if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it" planes...
Old Dec 22, 2004, 06:08 AM
M. Koch is offline
Find More Posts by M. Koch
300 mph club ;-)
M. Koch's Avatar
Hi Up&Away!
That´s not true! Cheaper than Ariane, Surprise and Avionik here in Germany !

Ciao, Marcus
Old Dec 22, 2004, 06:16 AM
Up&Away is offline
Find More Posts by Up&Away
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Up&Away's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Koch
Hi Up&Away!
That´s not true! Cheaper than Ariane, Surprise and Avionik here in Germany !

Ciao, Marcus
Maybe I should have put it differently; I can't afford it...
Beautifull planes though.

Does a Filip600Sport qualify?
Last edited by Up&Away; Dec 22, 2004 at 06:24 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 11:26 AM
jaywatay is offline
Find More Posts by jaywatay
electron liberator
jaywatay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Koch
Hi Ohad!
The Eisvogel i made for the italian team for York only weighs 480 g including the 5 Servos and cables at full competition strength! For comparison a Ariane V11 weighs 510 g without any servos with less strength! It is not possible to fly the V11 in competition because it is to heavy and weak!

Ciao, Marcus
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Koch
Hi Up&Away!
That´s not true! Cheaper than Ariane, Surprise and Avionik here in Germany !
Ciao, Marcus
Marcus,

You do very nice work on your airframes. With statements like the above ones is the Eisvogel available to purchase? If so, what is an estimate of cost?

Jason
Old Dec 23, 2004, 12:52 PM
ohadvr is offline
Find More Posts by ohadvr
Registered User
ohadvr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Koch
Hi Ohad!
My selfmade F5B ships are full-molded with full-carbon wings or carbon-D-Box, Aramid-Carbon-fuse and high modulus carbon spars and special made shear webs! Everything is made under vacuum which allows to get extreme stiff and durable planes! The Eisvogel i made for the italian team for York only weighs 480 g including the 5 Servos and cables at full competition strength! For comparison a Ariane V11 weighs 510 g without any servos with less strength! It is not possible to fly the V11 in competition because it is to heavy and weak!
The planes come out of the molds in full colour! Nothing to do afterwards !

Ciao, Marcus
Amazing profesionality! what's the V11 in competition?
Old Dec 23, 2004, 12:59 PM
jaywatay is offline
Find More Posts by jaywatay
electron liberator
jaywatay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohadvr
Amazing profesionality! what's the V11 in competition?

Ariane V11
Old Dec 23, 2004, 02:27 PM
jaywatay is offline
Find More Posts by jaywatay
electron liberator
jaywatay's Avatar
Well here is my hotliner. It is not necessarily a "legal" F5B airframe but it can fly the coarse.
Setup:
Motor: Aveox 27/26/1.5
Gearbox: Maxon 4.4:1
Prop: RFM 14.5x14 (not pictured)
Battery: 10 cell 1950 FAUP zapped
ESC: Phoenix 80
Servos: (4) HS125MG's in the wing and (1) HS85MG for the elevator
rx: JR700

Jason
Last edited by jaywatay; Dec 23, 2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 02:35 PM
soholingo is offline
Find More Posts by soholingo
BANNED!!!
soholingo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Koch
Hi Ohad!
My selfmade F5B ships are full-molded with full-carbon wings or carbon-D-Box, Aramid-Carbon-fuse and high modulus carbon spars and special made shear webs! Everything is made under vacuum which allows to get extreme stiff and durable planes! The Eisvogel i made for the italian team for York only weighs 480 g including the 5 Servos and cables at full competition strength! For comparison a Ariane V11 weighs 510 g without any servos with less strength! It is not possible to fly the V11 in competition because it is to heavy and weak!
The planes come out of the molds in full colour! Nothing to do afterwards !

Ciao, Marcus
17oz with servos... AMAZING!!!!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gallery Post your combat plane pictures here Bud Morrison Combat 291 Sep 25, 2016 07:44 AM
Post your Yak 55 pictures here!!! p51flyer 3D Flying 10 Jan 18, 2005 09:47 AM
Post your Fanfold plane pictures here! 68Strat Foamies (Kits) 8 Oct 26, 2004 08:11 PM
Post Your 3d Machine Pictures Here RickNick Foamies (Kits) 0 Apr 05, 2004 09:41 PM
Post your inverted chopper pictures here for a kick !!! gmamo Electric Heli Talk 19 Apr 09, 2002 04:13 PM