Giant Flying LEGO Helicopter - Video!

This iconic LEGO helicopter is the stuff of legend. It's a model of the 6396 International Jetport, but this one is 10 times the size of the original set. YouTuber ajw61185 is the mind behind this project.

Splash

Bringing Legos to Life with Drone Gear

This iconic LEGO helicopter is the stuff of legend. It's a model of the 6396 International Jetport, but this one is 10 times the size of the original set. YouTuber ajw61185 is the mind behind this project. He used sheet EPS foam covered with 3mm depron foam for the bulk of the structure. The minifig is also carved out of foam. It looks amazing, but the best part is that he actually makes it fly!!

There's 4 motors on the landing skids with large props that essentially make this giant LEGO helicopter a multirotor drone. He's using a naze32 flight board and a 4S 4000mAH lipo battery for power. The whole things weighs in at around 4.5lbs. It flys pretty stable looking in the air and the main helicopter rotor actually spins slowly adding to the effect and presence of this thing. It's super cool and something you'd expect to see as a demo at an event. Kudos to the builder, we love seeing creations like this taking to the skies.

Aug 13, 2018, 10:13 AM
Just when you thought the starwars drone phase was the pinnacle! I love this!!
Aug 13, 2018, 07:09 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Hey, this is me thanks for sharing.

-A
Latest blog entry: Giant LEGO Helicopter
Aug 14, 2018, 08:27 AM
RCG Admin
Nice AJ! Great work man!!
Aug 16, 2018, 09:34 AM
Team Spektrum FPV
I bet it doesn't autorotate very well, lol

very cool! I love it!
Aug 22, 2018, 04:50 AM
Really neat. Has Lego seen it?

When i was younger, i walked into fao schwarz store for the first time and the giant lego toys blew me away. This is way cooler, though.
Aug 22, 2018, 06:12 AM
This is creativity
Aug 23, 2018, 04:33 PM
AJ that is awesome!
Aug 24, 2018, 07:38 AM
"I bet it doesn't autorotate very well, lol"

Priceless!

I would love see some specs and drawings for this, would be fun to replicate.

Quick Reply