This thread is privately moderated by blitzen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 11, 2018, 11:22 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

The 2S Micro Multi Rotor Build Takes Off

It was a warm Summer evening. I put on bug repellant and went outside. This was the first full battery flight of a lightweight (75g gross) micro quad copter that I had recently built. The first couple of minutes was line of sight. Onboard LED indicators make it bright enough to track in the dark but didn't help with orientation. The fast motors and short props spin smoothly and quietly so I wasn't disturbing the peace. A ďthrottle punchĒ was respectable and after a few flips and funnels it was time to try the goggles. Since the flight control board has Betaflight OSD the peripheral screens are redundant and are turned off. Unfortunately, the camera isnít configurable through the Betaflight OSD menu. A wired dongle is needed to change itís settings. Using it was inconvenient enough that Iím already browsing for another camera. Taking off into the darkness, the clarity and brightness of the image was actually disappointing. This could be because Iím not adjusting the camera correctly. The FrSky X7 radio can take advantage of the 16 channels on the SBUS receiver. in other words, I need to remember or label the switches on the radio. There is no telemetry but the ďfull rangeĒ receiver shows RSSI in Betaflight OSD. I had previously set up 3 profiles but chose the BF 3.4.0 default PIDs with the rates changed to my liking. Flying around obstacles closer to the ground a propeller clipped a shrubbery. I was unaware that a blade broke off until afterward. Economy and distribution of power were challenges when building this. Iím happy that a small 2S LiPo lasted almost 7 minutes.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply