Oct 17, 2019, 01:17 AM
Temperature will probably show you if it's the battery ormthe connector, run it quite hard and see which gets hot, the red jst are ok usually but can get weak, most likely it's your battery getting tired.

If you can find some sort of programming info for the thing it could fixed by changing lvc of course
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2019, 04:33 AM
thanks fellas, I'm running ec3 connex, I couldn't stand the jst on something like this, I think it must be the battery just sagging and triggering the lvc, I had 3 of them but a bad charger killed one and I lost the other(don't ask) so this one is the only that I use with the MC.
At least the battery should last a while as it isn't doing much work!
thanks
spud
Oct 20, 2019, 11:42 AM
**I'm Battman**
Looks like the BNF is on clearance...
https://www.horizonhobby.com/mini-co...-basic-efl9350
Not a good sign for the future of the Mini C, if you ask me.

I already have a back-up.
#1 comes to the field every time I fly.
Flight #600 is getting close.
What an awesome and unique bird!
My servos have been put to the test.
Still going strong.
Once again, I was tempted on some low level aerobatics and had to recover out of a down-wind situation.
Cartwheeled her.
Blew off a wing-tip.
Tucked both motors and destroyed a previously repaired motor mount.
I had the replacement part in stock.
Wing-tip repaired easily.
Servos were undamaged, once again.
Replaced the props and she is flying perfectly.
I love flying this mini VTOL machine!!

Roger
Oct 20, 2019, 04:01 PM
Out Standing In The Field
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
Looks like the BNF is on clearance...
https://www.horizonhobby.com/mini-co...-basic-efl9350
Not a good sign for the future of the Mini C, if you ask me.
It's circling in the HH "Discontinued Drain".
The PNP is gone:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/mini-co...ce-pnp-efl9375
Once these BNFs are sold, it's done.
Oct 21, 2019, 06:03 PM
Do you see what I see?
Awe man, hope that means something “better” maybe coming along???
Oct 23, 2019, 12:11 PM
Mine is almost mint, probably listing it soon.
Oct 23, 2019, 12:16 PM
Have only flown mine a handful of times.
Crashed it a few days ago, due to a prop coming off.
Isn't hurt too bad, but had to order spinners & the rear motor mount assm.
Won't be pristine now, but should fly the same as before.
Oct 25, 2019, 02:07 AM
CSI
CSI
I promise, just ONE more order
Guys....a true miracle has happened. After all these months and multiple new motor installations I have finally been able to maiden my mcv. I still haven't been able to do a transition yet but just to fly her around in multirotor mode was an achievement! She flew perfect and this time the left motor continued to work! Maybe she's not haunted after all....or maybe just suckering me in for a Halloween treat/scare?
I took months but we finally got there......................to be continued.
Ken
Oct 25, 2019, 09:36 AM

Drop in servo options?

So from what I read the following MG servos are a drop in replacement?
  1. EMAX ES08MA II 12g Mini Metal Gear (looks like modifications wld be needed based on size)
  2. GENING D561MG 7.5g Metal Gear Digital Servo
  3. Turnigy D561MG Coreless

Any others?
Last edited by maverickma; Oct 25, 2019 at 09:49 AM.
Oct 25, 2019, 01:47 PM
CSI
CSI
I promise, just ONE more order
Maverickma,

I used the ES08 MAII servos. Don't worry about any mods, they slip right in. All I needed to do was use a sandpaper fingernail file and 2 quick swipes off the long edges to reduce the friction when pushing the servo in place. Without the swipes I could jam the servos in but the plastic was bending and I didn't want to put that much stress on the plastic.
2 seconds and they go right in, so no real mods to worry about. These are also the servos a lot of us use in our EDF jets.

Good luck,
Ken
Oct 25, 2019, 07:23 PM
Do you see what I see?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI
Guys....a true miracle has happened. After all these months and multiple new motor installations I have finally been able to maiden my mcv. I still haven't been able to do a transition yet but just to fly her around in multirotor mode was an achievement! She flew perfect and this time the left motor continued to work! Maybe she's not haunted after all....or maybe just suckering me in for a Halloween treat/scare?
I took months but we finally got there......................to be continued.
Ken
No doubt it’s been awhile & glad to hear all went well, hope your transitions go well & you’re really able to “open” her up.

Definitely a better man than I ‘cause I would’ve given up a looooong time ago!!!

Coconut
Oct 25, 2019, 07:35 PM
Repaired mine yesterday.
Wasn't easy replacing the rear motor mount.
Hope the crash was caused by a prop coming of, just after starting the transition from hover.
Didn't see that prop at the crash site, but it would be really hard to see the prop or the tiny spinner there, even it it did come off in the crash.
Will be a bit nervous the next time I fly it & if it goes in again, causing much damage, I will likely give up on this plane.
Will definitely give up if the rear motor mount breaks again.
Oct 25, 2019, 07:39 PM
Do you see what I see?
Awe man forgot about what happened to you earlier Clive & hope all goes well with you, I hear ya with the apprehension next time you take her up but hope it’s smooth for ya,

Coconut
Oct 25, 2019, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut
Awe man forgot about what happened to you earlier Clive & hope all goes well with you, I hear ya with the apprehension next time you take her up but hope it’s smooth for ya,

Coconut
Thanks

I go straight from stability hover mode to Acro airplane mode for the transition.
Don't know if I should do it that way, but it worked OK before & I hate using stability airplane mode
Oct 30, 2019, 05:05 PM
Hi,
Has anyone ever flown the settings of the big Convergence with the Mini Convergence and fits that?

Greeting Karl-Heinz

Quick Reply