Jul 21, 2019, 12:34 PM
Maiden flight plus 2 more this morning.
Things went well, but will take some getting used to when it transitions to airplane mode.
I just went straight from hover to agility plane mode.
This little plane is a bit faster than I was expecting.
Almost lost it when I was a little too high when going back to hover mode.
Ended up directly into the sun & had to wait & pray till I could see it again.
Think I will get lots of practice in hover mode until I'm really comfortable with that
If it lasts thru my learning curve, I'm going to like this one a lot.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2019, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
Maiden flight plus 2 more this morning.
Things went well, but will take some getting used to when it transitions to airplane mode.
I just went straight from hover to agility plane mode.
This little plane is a bit faster than I was expecting.
Almost lost it when I was a little too high when going back to hover mode.
Ended up directly into the sun & had to wait & pray till I could see it again.
Think I will get lots of practice in hover mode until I'm really comfortable with that
If it lasts thru my learning curve, I'm going to like this one a lot.
Great to hear! I hovered mine for a minute using a battery that was at storage charge and everything seemed ok. Hopefully I get the maiden done soon. If it flies well I'm pretty sure it will become a favorite and get flown often
Jul 21, 2019, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Great to hear! I hovered mine for a minute using a battery that was at storage charge and everything seemed ok. Hopefully I get the maiden done soon. If it flies well I'm pretty sure it will become a favorite and get flown often
Looking forward to your flight report.

BTW, I put 4 more flights on the Mini Uproar this morning & liking it more each time I fly it.
Jul 21, 2019, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Looking forward to your flight report.

BTW, I put 4 more flights on the Mini Uproar this morning & liking it more each time I fly it.
I'll likely get a Mini Uproar also, it looks like my type of plane and Gary designs good stuff. I posted in a Mini Uproar thread looking for some suggestions on servos that will fit for about $10 each, otherwise I may have to man up and pay to play.
Jul 21, 2019, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
I'll likely get a Mini Uproar also, it looks like my type of plane and Gary designs good stuff. I posted in a Mini Uproar thread looking for some suggestions on servos that will fit for about $10 each, otherwise I may have to man up and pay to play.
PM me & give me your email address.
I will send you info & pics on some changes I made to mine.
Not major changes, but do think it needed them.
I'm not planning to follow the thread on the Mini Uproar.
Jul 21, 2019, 01:42 PM
Quote:
PM me & give me your email address.
I will send you info & pics on some changes I made to mine.
Not major changes, but do think it needed them.
I'm not planning to follow the thread on the Mini Uproar.
Will do, thanks!
Jul 21, 2019, 04:47 PM
CSI
CSI
I promise, just ONE more order
Thanks for the sound files C&B! I added them to my files. I can see where they will be handy.
Thanks again,
Ken
Jul 21, 2019, 07:48 PM

Just after I bought the mini I noticed this

Got to make you wonder who makes planes for whom in this industry. Or who sells their old molds to whom.

It's got different motors, servo's, nacelles etc but it might be a good way to get a cheap replacement airframe, FC etc if they ever stock parts.

https://www.banggood.com/XK-X450-VTO...r_warehouse=CN
Jul 21, 2019, 08:27 PM
That one's a little bigger than this Mini Convergence
Wingspan is listed as as 450mm, vs 410mm on this one.
Not the same mold.
Jul 21, 2019, 08:39 PM
Umm..Close enough.
Jul 21, 2019, 10:05 PM
Quote:
That one's a little bigger than this Mini Convergence
Wingspan is listed as as 450mm, vs 410mm on this one.
Not the same mold.
Wingtips upswept vs down, a little larger, different forward fuse shape, different nacelles, overall different but a copy.
Jul 21, 2019, 10:11 PM
Thanks CSI.

Why are you doing less than 100 on these output channels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI
OK C&B I've done my best to get a copy of my settings posted here. I'm not sure it will all make sense to you at first glance. This is typical of the settings I use on most of my planes....the switch assignments, verbal commands, etc.

Most here don't seem to use the Quad acro mode and I went that direction. I made it available if I want to get crazy but never select it. That's why it's over on Switch A by itself. The 3 main modes are all on switch C. I like the switch DOWN for my stability, low rates etc which is backwards to many folks. You can just reverse the up and down switch selections for each function if preferred.
I don't have a lot of time flying my mc but enough that I know these settings do work.

The motor trim thing isn't something I have played with yet. I just trim up to get the props spinning and leave it there in all modes. I will probably play with that so I can get the prop to shut off in Acro/plane mode sometime in the future.

I hope this all helps and doesn't totally confuse you. I will be around if you are trying to figure out something..............
Happy programming!
Ken
Jul 21, 2019, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashAndBash
Got to make you wonder who makes planes for whom in this industry. Or who sells their old molds to whom.

It's got different motors, servo's, nacelles etc but it might be a good way to get a cheap replacement airframe, FC etc if they ever stock parts.

https://www.banggood.com/XK-X450-VTO...r_warehouse=CN
Not that HH always puts out the highest quality planes or anything, but I'm not sure I'd drop that much loot on a Chinese semi-copy plane
Jul 21, 2019, 11:43 PM
Only way I would buy that one is if I saw it fly & talked to the guy that has it.
Also, since it comes with a TX, I wonder if the RX is part of a control board & not compatible with other brand TX's.
Too many if's right now.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:16 AM

Mini-C PNP

HH still has a full set of replacement parts (e.g. Mini-C PNP) for $79.99....who needs Bangood's knock-off...

Quick Reply