E-flite Mini Convergence VTOL

The original Convergence from Horizon Hobby is a cool unique aircraft with automated VTOL capabilities. It made it easy to hover like a drone or fly like an airplane and now you can do all that with a smaller more portable aircraft in the Mini Convergence.

Splash

New Mini Sized VTOL

The original Convergence from Horizon Hobby is a cool unique aircraft with automated VTOL capabilities. It made it easy to hover like a drone or fly like an airplane and now you can do all that with a smaller more portable aircraft in the Mini Convergence. The Mini is suited for outdoor flying like its bigger brother, but it can also be flown indoors too! The airframe is foam with a delta wing shape and it includes three brushless motors for flight. Two of those motors on the wing can rotate vertically for hovering and transition to a horizontal position for forward airplane flight and also provide differential thrust for yaw control. The third motor is a vertical fixed position thrust motor in the tail section.

The flight controller handles the transitions between multirotor and airplane flight automatically and also offers two different control modes, Stability Mode and Acro Mode. Stability Mode provides self leveling to make it easy to fly for anyone. Acro mode opens it up for aerobatics like loops and rolls. The Mini Convergence comes without decals applied because they give you several different decal sets to let you customize the trim scheme to your liking. It's also plug and play ready for FPV with their recommended FPV camera and video transmitter. You can pick one up right now at Horizon Hobby in either the BNF Basic version for $199 or the PNP at $179.

Check out the New E-flite Mini Convergence VTOL Here

Aug 10, 2018, 10:52 AM
"GET OUT OF MY WALLET" Horizon Hobby! I almost bought the original one but this might be more suitable to the flying areas I've been using lately. Looks great
Aug 10, 2018, 03:37 PM
Subscribed!
Aug 10, 2018, 05:13 PM
telemetry? fpv?
Aug 10, 2018, 05:52 PM
Fpv is add on and uses the same system as the umx f-27. Anyone know if there's a better/cheaper system that's a drop in compatible?
Aug 10, 2018, 06:40 PM
How is anyone going to answer that question ,as No one has the plane yet.............
Aug 10, 2018, 06:48 PM
I was implying that if they've found something that fits in the f27, torrent or other aircraft made to use the same camera combo it would probably work here since it's the same vtx and camera all around.
Aug 10, 2018, 07:00 PM
Still............
Aug 10, 2018, 08:13 PM
Yvan
I pre-order this morning this little bird.
I am not have the big one. The little one will be more fun for me.
Yvan
Aug 10, 2018, 08:29 PM
What’s the battery connector? Jst ?
Aug 10, 2018, 08:37 PM
If this can transition, take off and land in 5-10mph wind, I'm in. That's a big ask though.
Aug 10, 2018, 08:54 PM
Caroline Springs Vic.Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysTiC27
I pre-order this morning this little bird.
I am not have the big one. The little one will be more fun for me.
Yvan
I knew you would order this Y....the moment t
Horizon announced it!!

Well done my friend
Aug 10, 2018, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedsnager
What’s the battery connector? Jst ?
Here is a close up of battery connection
Aug 11, 2018, 09:06 AM
Yvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellairIntl
I knew you would order this Y....the moment t
Horizon announced it!!

Well done my friend
Hi my friend, Noel.

I wanted it to be smaller. It is easier to fly to land that is smaller.
Practiced at home too.
I have 2 X-Vert that I fly a lot but I do very little video of my XV's.
I already have a lot of batteries the little Convergence.
Fly in the wind with the small Convergence will not be more difficult than the X-Vert.
Yvan
Aug 11, 2018, 06:40 PM

X-Vert vs New mini C

Hey Yvan

Yes I have the X-Vert and enjoy it in straight flight. I need virtually no wind to fly & still have difficulty most times landing it so the best way us to catch it.
With the new Mini C it looks an interesting aircraft to fly out of the yard... I would not trust my C-Vert for this.
I do have a DJI Spark that allows nice drone flying for my videos and will try to film the Cherokee in flight using the tracking mode.
I will probably wait to see what you think of the Mini C
Regards mate

Quick Reply