This thread is privately moderated by aaronredbaron, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 10, 2018, 08:29 AM
Team Spektrum FPV
Discussion

Loving My Blade Fusion 480 Helicopter!

I wanted to post a mini review of the model. I enjoyed the build, my son and I completed it on a rainy sunday in about 4 hours. I've flown it a few times now, and I'm completely comfortable throwing it around. I am a heavy right hand piro flyer, I guess I just watched too much of Curtis Youngblood in my early days to figure out how to go left! The good thing about that though is a push a heli hard in aerobatics pirouetting against torque, and I can find a helis tail limits quicker than others because I go hard left. Going hard right just unloads the heli, so it works a lot harder going left. The Blade Fusion 480 has no problem pulling through when I really ask a lot of it. Big sideways loops transitioning into a hard left piro flip, hard backwards into a hard piro flipping reversal, tight funnels and pulling out with a left piro thrown in, these are the kind of loading maneuvers I do that often find those limits on a machine, where the tail will let go and just give and cry for mercy and flail around. Not the 480, its a well balanced machine, its big enough to have good presense and use standard size servos, but its small enought to be practical on 6s and cost a little less for blades etc. Its fast and aggressive, but stable and planted. Its powerful but still gives me over 5 minutes of flight time (yet to see how much I will get with full pitch range and working into my comfort zone, that may come down)

I'm running the Scorpion 4020 1350Kv motor with a 6 year old 6s 5000mAh pack, and I'm not missing out on anything! I am running an old Ice 100 ESC with a CCBEC Pro for the rx, and the recommended Spektrum H6060 tail servo and H6050 swash servos with the Spektrum Flybarless/receiver combo AR7210. I only have 12 degrees of pitch set up for my initial configuration, but I will probably increase that soon, I'm getting to the point I'm using the full pitch range and I'm ready to have a little more bite. I'll try to get a video up showing how I like to beat the air into submission

*Full disclosure, I work at Horizon Hobby on the manuals team, and I am fortunate to be a Heli and FPV Team member. I was not paid for this review.
Last edited by aaronredbaron; Aug 10, 2018 at 08:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2018, 10:28 PM
I'm in I ordered the super combo, after talking to Justin Cole, and seeing your review. Justin said he built his heli in four hours too. Really looking forward to it.

Quick Reply