This thread is privately moderated by bill_delong, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 10, 2018, 07:48 AM
Did I make the A Main?
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

How to wire HV Servo from 2S LiPo

Be sure your wiring to the servo is such that only the +8.4v positive lead is the only wire coming from your LiPo into the servo... you want the signal lead and true negative to come from the ESC like this:

I sell these wiring harnesses for $5 each + $3 shipping for folks who don't want to mess with soldering.

Here's an example of what happens if you use both the negative and positive lead from the LiPo to servo:

Demo HV Servo off 2x2S LiPo in Series (2 min 49 sec)

Here's an example of the wiring which is wrong, do not use this method which is what I used the video example above that was prone to glitching at full throttle:

Check out more stuff on My Bookmarks page!
Last edited by bill_delong; Jan 25, 2019 at 04:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2018, 06:59 PM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Hi Bill, the lipo connector you're using in the first image may not hold up well under repeated insertions. There is only a tiny bit of plastic holding that pin in. It will eventually wiggle out of the housing.

A better way to do it is to mount the lipo connector to a small PC board. This gives more mechanical support, and lets you use a spot of glue to fixate the housing better. It also provides a nice solid place to solder the wire to. Wrap it in heatshrink, and you'll have a reliable connection.

Nick
Aug 10, 2018, 07:13 PM
Did I make the A Main?
Thread OP
Hi Nick, Thanks for the suggestion, any chance you have a pic which details your explanation?
I'm not following how to mount it to the PC board in a way that is re-usable?

I normally don't use this particular connector in my cars, I typically splice solder into the ESC input voltage, but I made this harness as a means to make it easier for folks to get HV servos working without having to solder anything themselves
Aug 12, 2018, 12:58 PM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Here is a pic of something similar. Obviously the PC board is much larger than needed, but it should steer you in the right direction.

Let me know how it turns out.

Nick
Aug 12, 2018, 02:19 PM
Did I make the A Main?
Thread OP
very interesting, I like that approach!
Aug 17, 2018, 06:07 AM

help about study

I tried making connectors on my own and powering the servo but they went loose after some time. I asked for it on essay help in uk but no help unless I came across this article. Thank you for sharing it.

Quick Reply