Aug 08, 2018, 10:20 AM
Alert

Gordy Stahl Update

I spoke to Mrs Stahl this morning. Gordy is moving on to the next phase as he battles his sickness. He used all his strength to fly Unlimited with us at the Nats, where he was awarded the LSF Le Gray award for Service to RC Soaring. Gordy was always devoted to his wife, his son and daughter,his poodles, the LSF,and RC Soaring.
Please remember Gordy and his family in your prayers. Unfortunately this day finds him way down wind in sink.
Gods Speed Amigo!
Larry
Last edited by Larry Jolly; Aug 08, 2018 at 10:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2018, 11:14 AM
B for Bruce
We all go at some point. The measure of success is the fond memories and the smiles we leave with others. And it sounds like Gordy has paved his road well in that regard. I wish him well but perhaps at this point I'll also wish him easy comfort and lots of those same faces at his side.
Latest blog entry: Garden Gliders
Aug 08, 2018, 01:17 PM
I wish Gory the best. My prays are for a better days in the future.
Aug 08, 2018, 09:42 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
It was good to see him at the NATS. He's lucky to have a friend such as LJ.
Aug 08, 2018, 09:50 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
All the best to Gordy.
Aug 08, 2018, 11:13 PM
Red Merle ALES VII SJ
Godspeed Gordy.
Aug 09, 2018, 05:09 AM
Wishing you well Gordy!
Raed
Aug 09, 2018, 05:27 AM
founder of the SSP
All the best Gordy. Hope you get feeling better.
Aug 09, 2018, 06:24 AM
You and your family are in our prayers. Your fight and sense of humor through it all has been inspirational.

John
Aug 09, 2018, 12:49 PM
Cheers to the man who got me to stick with flying sailplanes. I saw him after the Nats and got to spend some time at his house. He still talks about old soaring stories and has friends coming in to visit nearly every day.
Aug 09, 2018, 07:12 PM
Yes, best of luck with this Gordy. And, thank you for your service to Soaring!
Aug 09, 2018, 08:38 PM
My prayer's are with you and your's Gordy.
Aug 09, 2018, 08:41 PM
Ron Smith
I am deeply grateful for the time he invested in helping me become a better builder, pilot and person.
Aug 09, 2018, 09:30 PM

Gordy's Gone

I am very sorry to report that our friend , and my mentor, Gordy Stahl passed gently away this evening at 7:35pm. He was surrounded by his family, poodles, some extended family, and two of his pilot friends including Joey Melchiorre who had driven in from Delaware. As always, even death, came to Gordy on his terms and he was able to die quietly at home as he wanted.
The most shocking fact is that he was able to attend and fly in the NATS with many of you just two weeks ago. He was especially proud of having received the Lee Gray award from the LSF for outstanding service to the soaring community. He was also very proud of the hat he received with a number of your autographs. He will be sorely missed.
Aug 09, 2018, 09:30 PM
deleted

Quick Reply