TailDragger RC - RC Gadgetz Edge 540

Chad has some news about the new Edge 540!

Splash

57Ē Composite Edge 540

From Taildragger...

Hi pilots, RC Gadgetz is proud the announce the long-awaited 57Ē Composite Edge 540 This isnít just another Edge 540, this is an Edge 540 that has been engineered to do one thing and that is to fly awesome! We listened to your feedback and used the schemes designed by our fellow FG members that you folks voted for, took what we learned from our previous composite Slick 560 and MXS to make something that not only withstands time and mother nature but is also humble and forgiving.

We have been working on this Edge 540 for quite some time, we designed the plane to fly when pushed to its limit, snappy, fast, agile, and performing the most G demanding maneuvers with ease, but when its time to slow things down, it becomes floaty and so easy to control, it is a perfect blend.

Rc Gadgetz Edge 540 57inch Night Flying PnP (4 min 37 sec)

Photos

We added the aileron counterbalance to reduce the load on the servo, in turn giving you unbelievable continuous roll rate capability. We listened to you with regards to the plastic cowl and how more strength was needed, so we changed the material from plastic to fiberglass making the cowl more durable. We and our team pilot believe that the Edge 540 is the complete package from precision flying to all the way down on the deck, jaw-dropping 3D.

Happy Flying - RC Gadgetz Team

For More Info and Pricing

Head to the Taildragger site for more info!

Aug 07, 2018, 08:19 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Looks awesome!!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Aug 11, 2018, 07:54 AM
Awesome flying plane right here! I’ve been lucky enough to fly this thing for the past month and it gets better and better, extremely floaty, very aggressive when down on the deck, and has some great tail authority. Great plane for some backyard hucking!
Aug 11, 2018, 06:21 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Mine just arrived & itís a beauty!

Iím very impressed with the quality & completion level of this Edge & I cant wait to get it in the air!

(Sooooo happy Iím not dealing with covering...)
Aug 11, 2018, 10:27 PM
Looks nice Marty! Look forward to seeing you fly it
Aug 11, 2018, 10:57 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Thanks Jimbo! Still need one more satellite receiver & program the Aura 8. Then she will be ready to rock.

PS - Iím luviní these fast assembly, modern, light-weight 3D birds!
Aug 12, 2018, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed
Thanks Jimbo! Still need one more satellite receiver & program the Aura 8. Then she will be ready to rock.

PS - Iím luviní these fast assembly, modern, light-weight 3D birds!

Can't wait to hear what you think of this beauty.

We really tried our best to offer a plane that is an all rounder when it comes to flight characteristics.

Joe.
Aug 13, 2018, 12:03 AM
3D Sunset Flier
Maiden was a blast!

The Edge is super light & stable. Tracks likes itís on rails. Rock solid harrier. No KE coupling & rolls are nice & axial.
Aug 13, 2018, 07:46 AM
Looks like it was an awesome sunset flight Marty. Heading to Tanzania tomorrow and return on the 4th so gotta get some video of that beauty when I get back. Awesome!!!
Aug 13, 2018, 10:13 AM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleomanjim
Looks like it was an awesome sunset flight Marty. Heading to Tanzania tomorrow and return on the 4th so gotta get some video of that beauty when I get back. Awesome!!!
Whoa! Sounds like a grand adventure.

Have fun & safe travels Jimbo!
Aug 13, 2018, 01:03 PM
3D Sunset Flier
3 more flights this morning with my bud Scotty! Nice ní calm at the field too.

Got a couple of light ní floaty 3S flights in & then I let erí rip with a small 4S battery! The tumbles are insane & tight.

Enjoy the pics fellow Edge 540 fans,

-Buzzed
Last edited by Buzzed; Yesterday at 10:54 AM. Reason: -]
Aug 14, 2018, 04:29 PM
Hi Buzzed.

I am glad you are enjoying the plane.

The pictures look great, keep them coming.

Do tell us which battery cell count you enjoy flying more 3cell or 4cell.

Joe.
Aug 14, 2018, 04:38 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Well, I have a ďlead-thumbĒ & love power...but the low, slow, ultra-stable characteristics of the 3S setup is addictive! Having said that, the high speed 4S tumbles & KE spins are an absolute blast too! I guess itís 50/50 for either & really cool that it can be two planes in one.

Nicely done RCGadgets!

Aug 14, 2018, 06:15 PM
<<x USMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed
Well, I have a ďlead-thumbĒ & love power...but the low, slow, ultra-stable characteristics of the 3S setup is addictive! Having said that, the high speed 4S tumbles & KE spins are an absolute blast too! I guess itís 50/50 for either & really cool that it can be two planes in one.

Nicely done RCGadgets!

Are you swapping props when you go to 4s? I have similar pack sizes on both 3 and 4s that I also plan on using.

Quick Reply