Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Spirit GeoLink

Spirit GeoLink is a unique module that helps with flying, learning and helps to prevent crashing. Stop being afraid about your model. Let the module do the job for you!

Splash

Features

• Position Hold - Leave the sticks and just look at the model. The GeoLink will maintain the position you wish. Change the spot on will.
  • Altitude Hold - Maintaining constant altitude - no need for collective pitch input.
  • Altitude Limit - Let the module engage the Rescue automatically once it drops under configured altitude. Limit the altitude to not exceed a level at the same time.
  • Return to Home - Command the model to return to home wherever it is.
  • Geo-fence - Allow the model to fly only in the defined area.
  • Flight log - Log each flight, view it and share it. Up to 1.5 hour of logged flights.
  • And more - Module can be easily updated and gain brand new functions.

Hardware specification

• Navigation: Latest generation GNSS module with an unbeatable 18Hz rate. Support for GPS, GLONAS, GALILEO, BEIDOU positioning systems.
  • MEMS Sensor: 3-axis Gyroscope, 3-axis Accelerometer, 3-axis Compass
  • Environmental Sensors: Pressure, Temperature and Humidity
  • Processor: 32-bit Performance-line ARM
  • Enclosure: High quality CNC milled, red, semi-transparent Plexiglas
  • Dimension: 45 x 45 x 9.5 mm
  • Weight: 28 grams

Package Contents

• GeoLink
  • Cable: 22cm long, JST to JST connector
  • Adhesive tapes: 2pcs 3M VHB

Compatibility

• All Spirit Pro units - connected at the secondary SAT port
  • All µSpirit and Spirit units - connected at the SAT port
  • Radio - any 6+ channel

Purpose

With all these features even beginners can fly safely, learn significantly faster and to forget about stressful experience. Experienced pilots can utilize autonomous flight control to record a stunning movies, to become speed winner, to try advanced maneuvers and much more!

More Info

Head over to the Spirit store to learn more.

Aug 06, 2018, 01:13 PM
Heligamist
Super cool isn't it ?! Glad I started buying up used Spirit FBL's a month or so ago.
Aug 06, 2018, 01:40 PM
The Geo fence sounds like a nice safety feature, but I wonder how long it takes to set up.
If it's just a few taps on your phone it might actually get used.

Anyway, it has an amazing set of features.

"Compatibility:

All Spirit Pro units - connected at the secondary SAT port
All µSpirit and Spirit units - connected at the SAT port
Radio - any 6+ channel"

Nice.

BD, now I see they are back ordered. http://store.spirit-system.com/en/ac...1-geolink.html
Last edited by Steve_; Aug 06, 2018 at 01:52 PM.
Aug 06, 2018, 01:47 PM
Heligamist
I was able to get one before they sold out. $108 USD. I probably won't be finding any used Spirit FBL's for $100 or less like I did previously. It will work with all the units besides the Pro with the right cables.

The standard units can now support 3 sats and the Pro 4 sats.
Last edited by BrokeDad; Aug 06, 2018 at 02:02 PM.
Aug 06, 2018, 04:08 PM
quod erat demonstrandum - I still maintain that when some things in life are made too easy, they lose their appeal and interest eventually wanes.
Last edited by Cyclone 7; Aug 06, 2018 at 11:48 PM.
Aug 06, 2018, 04:29 PM
Bro!
With this Geolink, for an intermediate pilot that wants to further his/her skills, there will be no need for a simulator. Set Altitude limit and Geofence, and you can try and learn your moves with an uncrashable heli as long as your electronics and mechanics don't fail you.
Last edited by denis747; Aug 06, 2018 at 04:34 PM.
Aug 10, 2018, 12:09 PM
The GeoLink is available to preorder, ships in 3 days.Where are the reviews,I would like to read users experience with the GeoLink .
Aug 10, 2018, 12:20 PM
Bro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy
The GeoLink is available to preorder, ships in 3 days.Where are the reviews,I would like to read users experience with the GeoLink .
BEAM E500 with Spirit FBL GPS DEMO (6 min 13 sec)
Aug 10, 2018, 12:28 PM
That’s pretty cool.Perfect for turning my heli into a fpv aircraft.
Aug 10, 2018, 01:03 PM
Heligamist
Got mine .. now to install it along with all my used Spirit FBL's.
Aug 10, 2018, 01:22 PM
Let us know how it goes.
Aug 10, 2018, 03:03 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
Got mine .. now to install it along with all my used Spirit FBL's.
You beat me to it. Please let us all know how it works
Aug 10, 2018, 03:18 PM
Bro!
JPF I think Dad bought more than one to himself as I want one but non in stock at the moment. I will wait till they get more in stock.
Aug 10, 2018, 04:05 PM
Heligamist
Quote:
Originally Posted by denis747
JPF I think Dad bought more than one to himself as I want one but non in stock at the moment. I will wait till they get more in stock.
Me ? Hoard stuff ?
Aug 11, 2018, 03:04 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Denis, thanks for posting that video. I just got chance to look at it and I'm VERY impressed. Looks like the GPS thing does exactly what it says on the tin.

The 'hard deck' altitude limit looks really good, but would have to be used with caution. Hopefully there is a fail-safe in there to prevent you accidentally spooling up the heli with 'hard-deck' activated? Also if you were doing autos and you forgot to de-activate it, things would get very messy!..
The auto problem could be addressed by having throttle hold switch mixed to the channel that activates hard deck such that with throttle hold activated hard deck is disabled.

Quick Reply