Aug 06, 2018, 06:00 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

How to change motor direction?

Welcome!

I have problem with Rx Turnigy TS4G and Rocket Beast 80A ESC. I can't change motor turning direction.
When reverse of throttle is setting at "normal", logging ESC is normal. When I change reverse of throttle in Rx to opposite direction, ESC is not logging. The same with programming card and when changed wires to motor

How to change direction?

Best Regards
LITE
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2018, 03:39 PM
Low budget fun
Make the ESC works correctly first by reversing the throttle channel accordingly to make it forward-brake-reverse as you pull and push the trigger.
Then if the motor spins the wrong way you'll need to swap the motor wires. If it's brushed motor you can swap the polarity. If it's brushless motor (3 wires) you can swap 2 of them, either 2 will be fine.
Aug 07, 2018, 01:48 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT
Make the ESC works correctly first by reversing the throttle channel accordingly to make it forward-brake-reverse as you pull and push the trigger.
Then if the motor spins the wrong way you'll need to swap the motor wires. If it's brushed motor you can swap the polarity. If it's brushless motor (3 wires) you can swap 2 of them, either 2 will be fine.
I do that, but when changed reverse in RX , ESC doesn't log correctly:

Throttle reverse as "normal", wiring as "normal" - log OK, but motor direction is reversed
Throttle reverse as "reversed", wiring as "normal" - no logging
Throttle reverse as "normal", wiring as "reversed" - no logging
Throttle reverse as "reversed", wiring as "reversed" - no logging

This is brushless combo:

https://www.rc4max.com/zestaw_napedo...574,30659.html
Last edited by LITE; Aug 07, 2018 at 01:57 AM.
Aug 07, 2018, 07:50 AM
Did I make the A Main?
what do you mean by "log"?
Aug 07, 2018, 12:48 PM
Car Bashing
I think LITE talk about starting process.

Most of the time, reverse the throttle on the Tx doesn't work when the motor spin in the wrong direction. Swap the blue and orange wires always works with me.

I would try to recalibrate the ESC with the transmitter. The method isn't same as hobbywing esc, but it is ZTW calibration i guess.
Aug 07, 2018, 04:19 PM
Swapping two wires on a sensored BL system won't work ! Bad things happen, lots of grinding vibration and if you persist something will give , there are a few sensored combos that can't be reversed at all , it should be mentioned in the instructions , but most can be reset to work in reverse by programing them .
Aug 07, 2018, 05:02 PM
Car Bashing
It is a sensorless ESC :

Quote:
Specyfikacja:
Prąd stały: 80A
Prąd chwilowy: 570A
Rezystancja: 0,0003 ohm
Obsługiwane silniki: Brushless Sensorless Obsługiwane silniki = Supported motor
Ochrona termiczna: tak
Zasilanie:
2 - 4 cele LiPo (7,4V - 14,8V)
5 - 12 NiMH
BEC: 6V, 3A
Wymiary: 52 x 38 x 36mm
Waga: 110g
Zalutowane gniazda gold 4mm do podłączenia silnika
Zalutowany wtyk Deat T do podpięcia pakietu
But yes, on sencored esc swap wires isn't advised.
Aug 07, 2018, 06:27 PM
Suspended Account
Sensored or not if the can timing is sitting at zero the operation should be the same in either direction. I guess I don't understand why logging reverse is important unless someone plans to drive for long periods of time in reverse. Here at work we swap phase wires quite often to keep production going with pre directionally programmed drives . The motors have directional incremental encoders ....much more discrete than basic hall sensors.
Last edited by 1boho; Aug 07, 2018 at 07:23 PM.
Aug 07, 2018, 07:43 PM
Where are you guys seeing that it's sensored?? The link posted is clearly showing it's sensorless.

LITE, what do you mean by "logging"?
Aug 07, 2018, 07:55 PM
Suspended Account
I'm not but I am seeing people say you cant swap the wires on a sensored motor and there is no reason u should not be able to at a zero timing mark on the can. I'm not addressing data logging reverse....
Aug 07, 2018, 08:23 PM
Car Bashing
At zero on the can i can't swap wires with my sensored motor and ESC, it doesn't work by doing very bad cogging and wires which become very hot. With my sensored combo i change the timing in the ESC not on the motor. I can change the motor direction by changing the parameter in the ESC.

But anyway, here it is a sensorless motor and esc.
Aug 07, 2018, 08:43 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jym73
At zero on the can i can't swap wires with my sensored motor and ESC, it doesn't work by doing very bad cogging and wires which become very hot. With my sensored combo i change the timing in the ESC not on the motor. I can change the motor direction by changing the parameter in the ESC.

But anyway, here it is a sensorless motor and esc.

Id think that the "0" timing indicator on the can is not accurate in that case. If timing is truly neutral it shouldn't care. But any who good luck with finding a solution. Have you ever considered that the option of logging reverse may not exist?
Aug 08, 2018, 10:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons
Where are you guys seeing that it's sensored?? The link posted is clearly showing it's sensorless.

LITE, what do you mean by "logging"?
Hello!

Thank you for interest in my problem.

"Logging" means connection Rx with Tx. Motor and ESC are sensorless.
With my old "no name" Tx all works properly
Aug 08, 2018, 11:54 AM
Car Bashing
Ha! so it isn't a ESC/Motor problem? But a tranmitter/receiver problem? You can change the motor direction with your old transmitter?

In that case, i would try an ESC/transmitter calibration.
Aug 09, 2018, 03:14 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jym73
Ha! so it isn't a ESC/Motor problem? But a tranmitter/receiver problem? You can change the motor direction with your old transmitter?

In that case, i would try an ESC/transmitter calibration.
It looks like ESC failure. I will go to the store tomorrow for help

Throttle reverse as "normal", wiring as "normal" - works OK, but motor direction is reversed
Throttle reverse as "reversed", wiring as "normal" - not connecting
Throttle reverse as "normal", wiring as "reversed" - not connecting
Throttle reverse as "reversed", wiring as "reversed" - not connecting

Quick Reply