Feb 11, 2006, 02:06 AM
CA Is Your Friend
Tomball, by way of Skopje, Macedonia.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2006, 12:12 PM
I fly a Pico Stick and a Slow Stick here in San Antonio.

The planes are in the air most mornings before the air starts moving. Also get in a lot of near sundown flights.

Got a garage full of 'oilers' too.
Feb 11, 2006, 07:01 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
For those of you in the FW area, more specifically Weatherford, how is the wind there for flying RC? I might be moving out your way within the near future and was wondering how often does the wind cooperate to allow you to fly?

Thanks for the info.

-Frank
Feb 11, 2006, 07:12 PM
Temple TX here... a few of us have been flying electric a few years and the club is finally starting to see the way of the future. Sorta...
Feb 12, 2006, 09:27 PM
Springtown, Texas

- My son's latest design inspired by February 2006 Popular Science.
Feb 13, 2006, 02:26 PM
Dave
There are three of us that work and fly on the north side of Fort Worth (including cessnajfb), although our homes are scattered across the metroplex.

Murocflyer - there is an active club in Weatherford, although I can't say how much activity is electric. Look on the AMA site for more info. As for the wind, it can get pretty windy, especially in the Spring and Fall, along with pre and post frontal periods in the winter. Hmm, now that I think about it, seems the wind is only calm in the heat of summer!! Seriously, there are windy fall and spring days but there are also some beautiful days to fly. A big plus is that winters are typically not severe, temperature wise, so that extends the flying season. Welcome to North Texas!

Dave
Feb 13, 2006, 04:47 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Thanks Dave, I appreciate the response. I certainly wouldn't NOT move to TX because of the winds, I would just be a little bummed out if I could not fly much.

I'll check on the AMA site shortly.

Thanks again,

Frank
Feb 13, 2006, 08:41 PM
Here I am, the only one in Wichita Falls.
I fly pretty much everything that a 15-year-old with an obsession with both music and airplanes can possible afford. I fly in my backyard (20 acres).

Alex
Feb 13, 2006, 08:58 PM
Dave
Murocflyer, aka Frank,

I hope I didn't make it seem too bad - this is a great place to live and fly. Some windy days no doubt, but a whole bunch more good ones! Let us know if you move down this way.

Dave

ps I think the Weatherford bunch even have a float plane area if you are interested. Seems like they have a big meet/sale each year, too.

Quick Reply