Aug 03, 2018, 05:19 PM
No problemo...
Thread OP
Cool

NEAT ‘18 JCSF Big Top events

Hey everyone!

Now that Tom has the official NEAT ‘18 special events listing up its time to do some planning and coordination. With that being said...

The JSCF (in conjunction with our other tent partners) will again host a number of activities at the Big Top. While the tent is always open to weary travelers and those who are interested in checking out what the heck we’re up to, everyone is invited to participate in these cool events...

- Radian Races (Wednesday @ 3pm)
This event is for the small UMX Radians and micro Calypsos. This year we’ll have two classes - Stock and Modified. Stock is self-explanatory, and also applies to batteries. With Modified you can tweak the powertrain. Let’s see what guys come up with As in years past we’ll have the pylon race, followed up by a climb and glide. There will be a runoff to crown the grand champion! Registration opens at noon on Wednesday.

- Vapor Games (Thursday @ 8pm)
I suspect everyone is familiar with how this works. Small single-cell planes, such as an Ember, Vapor, or similar planes (bought or built) are welcome to compete. There will be a series of “challenges “ that the pilots will have to fly in. A runoff will determine our champion. This event has become very competitive the past few years so I suggest checking it out. Thanks to Hitec/Multiplex and other friends of the Big Top we’ll again have a very nice pilots raffle with some excellent prizes. We will be limiting the contest to the first thirty pilots so be sure to sign up early. Speaking of registration, it will start at noon on Thursday.

- Mass Chinese Lantern Launch (Friday @ 9pm)
This is a very cool thing to join in. The Big Top provides the balloons - you supply the hands (plus your lighters please!). It looks awesome when we send 50+ lanterns into the night sky, which BTW should be pretty dark as we’ll have a new moon this year

So, there will be lots to do leading up to and during the official NEAT Fair. Be sure to stop by the Big Top and check it out (along with all the other stuff that SEFLI, BCSF, and the other clubs and individuals will be hosting).

Rob
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2018, 05:25 PM
No problemo...
Thread OP
Folks,

One more thing (for now)...

As everyone probably noticed the Big Top crew sport some cool shirts that we wear at our events. This year (with Tom’s blessing) we’re offering these shirts to anyone who’s interested. We do not make any money from this, and just wanted to make them available as another cool NEAT Week memento.

The shirts are $14 and change, and can be ordered via the following link until August 18th:

https://www.customink.com/g/dey0-00bg-8gfd

Shirts will be delivered at NEAT. As you’ll see this year’s theme is NEAT Week, and we tried to cover all the cool stuff going on. Let me know if anyone has any questions - thanks again!

Rob
Last edited by stangrob; Aug 04, 2018 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Added cutoff date for ordering shirts.
Aug 17, 2018, 08:13 AM
No problemo...
Thread OP
Hi everyone,

If anyone wanted one of the NEAT Week shirts, the sale ends tomorrow. Don't wait too long otherwise the opportunity will slip by. There are both men's and women's shirts so everyone will be covered

https://www.customink.com/g/dey0-00bg-8gfd

Thanks!

Rob
Aug 17, 2018, 12:05 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thanks for the reminder Rob

order two, one for me, one for Eileen.

Tom
Aug 17, 2018, 03:17 PM

done and paid for

Ok, Rob, I have just done and piad for mine in 3xl
Aug 17, 2018, 05:14 PM
No problemo...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt View Post
Thanks for the reminder Rob

order two, one for me, one for Eileen.

Tom
I already took care of that earlier 😉

Rob
Aug 17, 2018, 07:02 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob View Post
I already took care of that earlier 😉

Rob
thx... no harm to have two!
Aug 17, 2018, 08:31 PM
No problemo...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt View Post
thx... no harm to have two!
Don’t worry - nowadays I need more reminders than I used to 😉
Sep 01, 2018, 08:13 PM
No problemo...
Thread OP
FYI for those who ordered shirts Adam says he has them and that they came out awesome! Be sure to stop by the Big Top after Monday afternoon to pick yours up

Rob
Sep 02, 2018, 08:50 PM
When pigs fly rc
They looked great on the site. Cant wait to get it.

Quick Reply