This thread is privately moderated by ww2collector, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 03, 2018, 03:55 PM
AMA 72859 Build Baby, Build!
Thread OP
Discussion

TFR's suck!

So our newest TFR is all the way until August 13th. No Flying for at least 2 weeks. AAAAAAgh! I have seen that the USAF F15's have been circling above the NJ-PA border since yesterday, which is about the 30 Mile radius from Bedminster, NJ...the location of the Trump National Golf Course, and Summer home to our President.

What I have come to appreciate recently is the announcement of TFR's on local news and radio stations, so the typical holiday drone buyer gets it. Let's face it....they are the reason us responsible modelers have to stop enjoying the hobby that we love in the interest of national security!
Last edited by ww2collector; Aug 03, 2018 at 08:55 PM. Reason: add
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2018, 09:26 PM
Modeling Retread
TFRs for POTUS became a big deal during the last administration. Iím not sure whether it was fear of drones or just the importance of his presence that started it. I seriously doubt if either one knew or knows about the TFRs.
Aug 04, 2018, 01:22 AM
I repeat here my comment to digiflier last post :
Idiots are everywhere ( we say "idiot's mother is always pregnant" ) so one thing is the hobby, another is having someone programming a drone automatic flight of 20-30 km with no altitude limit, in which case you must admit there could be a collision danger with real aircraft. It could be enough to accept minor restrictions to solve the problem i.e. :
1 fly and pilot on sight (segregated area)
2 accept a space limit ( 1 km radius for 500 m altitude would be enough ? If not ask for more)
3 do not fly in airport proximity
4 accept weight, dimensions and power limit to fly in public spaces (like parks)
Who wants to go further will then need a license.

Do you think this is not reasonable for both parties ( hobby and safety) ?
unquote
Last edited by eagle60; Aug 04, 2018 at 01:30 AM.
Aug 08, 2018, 10:55 PM
AMA 72859 Build Baby, Build!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRW3
TFRs for POTUS became a big deal during the last administration. Iím not sure whether it was fear of drones or just the importance of his presence that started it. I seriously doubt if either one knew or knows about the TFRs.
They might not, but the Secret Service does!

The link to the latest AMA attempt to end this foolishness:
https://contentsharing.net/actions/e...2ClceehLTMn6P_

Quick Reply