Aug 03, 2018, 03:13 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

3KM image transmission with image and control combination over WIFI 5.8G

we have tested image transmission over WIFI 5.8G, distance is up to 3KM and close to DJI's WIFI solution.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2018, 03:26 AM
Thread OP
if you're interested in this image transmission solution, please feedback here. we can discuss more.
Aug 03, 2018, 04:36 AM
UAV Flight Operations Manager
Ever heard of EZ WiFiBroadcast? It’s open source WiFi based video system.
Aug 06, 2018, 01:41 AM
Thread OP
it looks that EZ wifiboradcast supported 2.4G and 5Ghz both, there are much interference in 2.4G band, Image transmission migirated to 5.8Ghz like DJI. generally, it worked within 1Km, we improved it to 3Km, it's also a lower cost solution over WIFI, and simillar with DJI WIFI image transmission solution.
Aug 06, 2018, 12:34 PM
UAV Flight Operations Manager
Distance is a dynamic variable. It depends on quite a few factors that are constantly changing, such as:

Vehicle height-to-distance ratio (fresnel zone)
Bandwidth
Local noise floor
Antenna gain and orientation (both Tx and RX antennas)

So when you say you've achieved 3km, I ask:

1. What bandwidth are you at when you're at 3km?
2. What video resolution?
3. What were the antennas used to achieve that distance?
4. Where was this test conducted? In the city (high noise floor, lots of obstructions, etc, or was it out in the desert, perhaps?)

I'm very interested in this, as all digital video links are extremely fascinating and I'm always watching this "space" for a good solution for various FPV and UAV needs.
Aug 12, 2018, 10:35 PM
Wow Thanks lot for the info Still a newbie and didn't this exist. I'm totally grateful I'm going to learn this thanks a lot.

Quick Reply