Aug 02, 2018, 12:18 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Indoor Night at NEAT Downsville School Sept 14,15th

Cindy and I will be holding the Indoor Night at NEAT again this year at the Downsville high school gym on Friday September 14th from 6pm-10pm and Saturday September 15th from 5pm-10pm. http://www.neatfair.org/ The event will feature some of the "Best in Micro" with state of the art micro models.

The event is open to individuals with models built from kits, or models built from their own designs, and RTF models that have been repainted, or modified in a creative way!

The format will be the same as previous years. We will have time slots for ultra slow models, and open flying for all types.

We will also feature the popular 1/2 time show on Saturday that allows everyone around 5 minutes to showcase their latest creation for the crowd!

Models will not weigh more than two ounces, and will have a flight envelope that will allow them to fly safely in the high school gym.

AMA or Park Flyer insurance will be required!

Fee will be $20.00 payable at the registration table. All proceeds will go to the Downsville high school for their education programs.

Directions to the Indoor Night at NEAT

From NEAT go North to Downsville on Rt 30. As you near the intersection with Rt 206 the high school will be on your right. Park in the last school parking lot on your right and make your way to the downstairs Gym, where the micro RC flying will be taking place.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the event!

Thanks, Joe.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2018, 09:44 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Joe can we do a tiny whoover race in one of thr school halls as well as the rc thered project we have been working with stem school clubs..
Aug 09, 2018, 10:29 PM
Thread OP
Hi Carlos,

We have the gym from 6-10pm on Friday, and 5-10pm on Saturday. I am sure we can fit that in.

Joe.
Aug 17, 2018, 08:08 PM
Crazy Canuck
Hi Joe Jin and I will be coming this year to see some more exciting flying contraptions LOL See you there
Aug 18, 2018, 09:47 PM
Thread OP
Hi Paul,

I am happy that you and Jin will be able to make it out again this year.

Joe.
Aug 21, 2018, 10:02 AM
Team Futaba
I'll be setting time aside to come to the indoor event this year! haven't been in a few years!
Aug 29, 2018, 04:32 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Travel schedules changes, so I might be able to make it this year. Looking at flying in Friday, in time to come to the indoor session

-A
Latest blog entry: Star Wars A-Wing Submarine
Sep 01, 2018, 07:20 PM
Thread OP
Hi Devin,

I am happy that you will be attending. I received my new contra for my 18 inch wingspan Anubis in the mail. I will install her this week and see how she flies!

Adam,

I am also happy that you might make it. We are holding the pylon race again for the first time since 2013. The rules are the same except the model must kind of resemble an aircraft that raced in an air race. The model must use a 6mm motor geared or direct drive.

Joe.
Last edited by Joe Malinchak; Sep 01, 2018 at 07:25 PM.
Sep 01, 2018, 08:11 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Travel's booked. I should get to the Downsville around 7:00 Friday night. Not sure if I'll have time to get a little racer done. Might be able to do a quick one of these : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller...2_Pushy_Galore

What night are you doing the races?

-A
Latest blog entry: Star Wars A-Wing Submarine
Sep 02, 2018, 07:21 PM
Team Futaba
Joe,

new contra looks great I'll check your thread for your flight report.

Devin McGrath
Sep 14, 2018, 05:45 PM
What time is "halftime" on Saturday?
Sep 15, 2018, 12:18 PM
Thread OP
The 1/2 time show will start around 7pm tonight. It should be a great one as we have lots of really interesting models flying this year.

Also Devin McGrath and Dave Lockhart are scheduled to put on an F3P demo!

Quick Reply