Aug 01, 2018, 12:12 PM
Post-Apocalyptic Tactical Cons
Thread OP
New Product

Freewing 80mm Mirage 2000C V-2 Tiger Meet

I received the remains of the North America Tiger Meet demo that went in on maiden (setup issues) and a box of new parts a couple weeks ago.

I cut the TM fuselage at the panel line aft of the front wing mount and tried to save the piece where the hatch latch was because it had a small part of the decal on it but I decided to cut it off and just paint that small section of the decal. The new fuse which is the original Mirage which thankfully had the same paint scheme, it was strange cutting a perfectly good fuselage into��

The two pieces fit perfectly, even the paint lines were dead on. I used these skewers to aline and strengthen the joint, you can see the small section of decal I had to paint, notice the decal where the fuselage split apart all the way back to the fan��

Now for the good stuff, this new setup makes the Mirage one of my all time favorites! The new Tiger Meet livery helps make orientation easy even when it's way out and the new power system is the perfect mix of performance and efficiency. The 9 blade (1900kV motor / 100A ESC) power system makes this one fast and very efficient EDF, I'm getting 4 to 5 minutes on a 6S 4000 battery depending on throttle control.

This plane is much different from any EDF I own and I find it a refreshing change from most of the others, even the Eurofighter and SU-35 with thrust vectoring. The V-2 Mirage will do maneuvers I wouldn't have thought were possible with a non thrust vectoring EDF, it will go from crazy fast to a stand still hover...this thing is just too much fun.

Setup is crucial to get the most from this plane, I started with Alpha's recommended rates and found that I liked it better with less aileron throw and a little more expo (40/40) and (90/40) on the elevator. I'm flying it here at Tirediron Aviation which is a smooth manicured (25-30mm high) grass runway and I've found that it rotates better at the aft end of the recommended CG range (520mm measured from the tail forward).
Last edited by TiredIronGRB; Aug 01, 2018 at 01:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2018, 12:36 PM
Retired US Navy
I'm flying the Avanti set up in mine and it screams (at one time I had a 8S JF set up in it too)… I have full aileron available for awesome rolls. And as you note the Mirage will "park" itself with a proper amount of elevator and throttle and hover. Years ago I had a NorthStar seaplane and I would land it vertically while in a similar hover. Yes there is no other plane like the little Mirage.
Aug 01, 2018, 01:10 PM
Dropped in the new fan and esc into my mirage and definite improvement in power and much faster acceleration. flight times are longer too cause you need less throttle to cruise around. Simple improvement.
Aug 01, 2018, 04:53 PM
JohnVHRC
Lucky dog, tempted!
Latest blog entry: Freewing T33!
Aug 01, 2018, 05:11 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Pre-ordered.
Aug 01, 2018, 05:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecee
Pre-ordered.

Nope, you ordered ...they're in stock, the webpage just hasn't been updated yet.
Aug 01, 2018, 05:55 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredIronGRB
Nope, you ordered ...they're in stock, the webpage just hasn't been updated yet.
Even better.
Aug 02, 2018, 11:06 AM
world's slowest builder
Nice repair! Its needs a CenterBurner! I can't remember i made and adapter for that new 80mm 9 blade fan. I think i have one of those fans somewhere...
Aug 02, 2018, 11:14 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon
Nice repair! Its needs a CenterBurner! I can't remember i made and adapter for that new 80mm 9 blade fan. I think i have one of those fans somewhere...

PM me if you need me to send you anything, I have a rear fuse section as well.
Aug 02, 2018, 11:20 AM
Here’s how I made an adapter for mine, I cut off most of the tail one from the motor leaving a ring I could glue the burner to. You have to attach the ring to the motor first cause the burner will cover the screws. Used goop glue to attach, very strong and flexible glue, worked great.
Aug 02, 2018, 05:21 PM
world's slowest builder
Oh yeah, i remember that tailcone now with the thru-hole screw mount. I have a fan in a box somewhere....ill try to get a tailcone knocked out for the plastic/9 blade, 80mm Freewing housing
Aug 02, 2018, 05:31 PM
world's slowest builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredIronGRB
PM me if you need me to send you anything, I have a rear fuse section as well.
Thanks TI, i only need work to not be so dang busy. Hopefully in the next couple weeks
Aug 02, 2018, 07:20 PM
Redneck Injuneer
After watching the video, I may have to have one of these even if it's not a "new" release. I think it needs an Air Jon center burner too.
Alpha's demo flight starts right around the 4 minute mark.

Freewing Mirage 2000C V2 “Tiger Meet” 80mm EDF - Flight Review - Motion RC (10 min 53 sec)
Latest blog entry: Current Health Conditions
Aug 08, 2018, 08:58 PM
Thread OP
I got the 3-D printed parts for the Tiger Meet Mirage in today from Motion and the quality and detail is outstanding!
Aug 11, 2018, 10:36 PM

Throws

Hey TI,

Iíll be setting mine up this week. What did you end up with on aileron and elevator throws.

Thanks,

Jack

Quick Reply