Jul 31, 2018, 07:16 PM
Discussion

GT1000DUO out of stock or discontinued?

Just saw that the 1000DUO is no longer on the Singapore or US store pages. Usually if a product is OOS, it still shows up on the site. Has it been discontinued? Was going to buy one for the club raffle.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2018, 08:08 PM
MK
MK
Hmmm, weird! The GT500DUO is shown. Why would the more powerful charger be discontinued first?
Aug 01, 2018, 10:36 AM
Hi,

The GT1000DUO has been discontinued. We are phasing out the entire GT line as stock is depleted.
Aug 01, 2018, 02:50 PM
Unfortunate, in my opinion the Best Value in RC Chargers in terms of price per watt of power in a quality unit. I know they have been on super sale a couple of times the last year or so, are that many modelers bypassing these for the powerlab? Or are these stealing sales from the powerlabs? There are six members in my club including myself that use the GT Chargers, maybe one using a powerlab 8. The presets on the GT series are so easy to use, I don't really see the need for a bump controller with the limited number of battery styles that I have.
Aug 01, 2018, 03:20 PM
MK
MK
What he said! Unbelievable easy of use and it just works. I have some packs that can never be balanced by my other charger no matter how long but the GT can do it every time!
Aug 01, 2018, 03:21 PM
MK
MK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Marks
Hi,

The GT1000DUO has been discontinued. We are phasing out the entire GT line as stock is depleted.
Will support be affected going forward (within a reasonable time frame)?
Aug 02, 2018, 09:31 AM
Support on discontinued products continues for years in most cases. We are still repairing chargers we sold 10 years ago.
Aug 03, 2018, 05:54 AM
MK
MK
That's good to hear Jamie! And thank you for your commitment to past customers instead of the usual "OK, we made the sale, let's move on to new customers and screw the old ones!"
Aug 29, 2018, 02:35 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
I was just getting serious about buying a GT-500, disappointed to see the GT line is being discontinued.
One of the reasons I was considering the GT was ioniq mode, which seemed like a nice idea. Which chargers that are NOT discontinued have ioniq mode?
Aug 29, 2018, 07:03 PM
I don't think anyone of the other chargers have it, though I think in another thread REVOJohn said that the powerlab chargers might have it but only with bump. It is too bad, I really like my GT1000 duo, really nice deal at less than $200 CAD shipped to my door.
Aug 29, 2018, 07:38 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
Maybe I’ll get a GT anyway, does seem like a pretty nice charger. I like keeping the interface simple.
Sep 01, 2018, 07:48 AM
ICM
ICM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen
Maybe Iíll get a GT anyway, does seem like a pretty nice charger. I like keeping the interface simple.
Get it while you can. You won't find a better charger for twice the price. I'm new to the hobby and got the GT 1200 and a 24v 1500 w PS from Lipo Connection Solutions for less than $200 . Couldn't be happier. The user interface is very simple, even for a noob like me. It does most anything you could possibly want to do. Most functions are automated and preset, but you can change settings to your liking easily. Quality is top notch. 1/2 the members at my club use CellPro, Power Lab or GT, some more than 10 years old, and swear by them. Revolectrix has been around for a long time. When they say they will continue to support the GT's, I believe them.

Quick Reply