Feb 25, 2019, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by like_quad
Hello!
I am using an old LG G2 D802, started without sim card and it works great in Italy.
To see the map is necessary to download locally, in the APP Maps, the fly zone.
Starting with italian sim card inserted, the phone don't see the AP generarated from the Drone.
I covered this earlier in the thread.

Even if your phone supports 5Ghz wifi, different countries let you use certain channels within the 5Ghz range.

In this picture you'll often fine devices only let you connect to wifi networks in the first dark blue channels (unii1 and unii2)

For a device to connect to the Visuo you need to be able to connect to the 'Unii 2 *extended*' channels.

Android devices will often be able to see all of the channels but will limit you by software depending on which country you're in.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2019, 02:17 PM

Can I hack the charger cable for a better charger?

Anybody know if the usb dongle of the charger cable for the XS812 is the whole charging circuit? In other words, can I cut off the end and connect it to my Imax B6? (it has a HV lipo setting) I tried that with some hubsan cells and it did't work. Part of the charging circuit appeared to be inside the battery case.
I'd suspect these are the same as the cells and the charger look pretty much exactly like the hubsan.
Mar 01, 2019, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusen
I covered this earlier in the thread.

Even if your phone supports 5Ghz wifi, different countries let you use certain channels within the 5Ghz range.

In this picture you'll often fine devices only let you connect to wifi networks in the first dark blue channels (unii1 and unii2)

For a device to connect to the Visuo you need to be able to connect to the 'Unii 2 *extended*' channels.

Android devices will often be able to see all of the channels but will limit you by software depending on which country you're in.
Very interesting, thank you for sharing this
Mar 03, 2019, 01:49 AM
Team WarpSquad [ L ] Learner

Found It ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waljojo
Anybody know if the usb dongle of the charger cable for the XS812 is the whole charging circuit? In other words, can I cut off the end and connect it to my Imax B6? (it has a HV lipo setting) I tried that with some hubsan cells and it did't work. Part of the charging circuit appeared to be inside the battery case.
I'd suspect these are the same as the cells and the charger look pretty much exactly like the hubsan.
Between the USB socket on the battery and the LiPo itself is a Diode in series, so that will further reduce any
Voltage (Vf) but it could be a Normal or Schottky (0.6V drop vs 0.2V). You may have to measure exactly what
output the charger is supplying. If you have an HV charger it should work OK even if the diode was included.
You can always under-charge a HV Cell without problems, you just get less capacity than the rated.
In fact it will usually increase the Cell life.
If you slightly under-charge a normal LiPo it's the same, you will usually get more cycles out of it.
(unless you stick it in a Quad and thrash the hell out of it)

On Oct 12th last year I maidened my first VISUO XS812 and promptly lost in a paddock opposite our clubhouse
100m+ straight out in front of us
Several of us walked around in the 8" to 10" grass for hours but never found it. Over the next few days I got
out the Phantom2 and scanned the paddock for ages then later examining the camera footage from 15' high.
But nothing, nothing and more nothing.
I crashed another Quad in the adjacent paddock today and as the grass was mostly dried up, dead and only
an inch high with tufts here and there. I decided to go for a walk along the cattle track through the other paddock.
Found it ! !
Right on the edge of the track (most of it), inline where we were last looking. A few feet away was the battery
and both halves of the battery case. No sign of the Cam, WiFi module, the part I really wanted
The thing was totally, totally trashed. Four months, twenty days, it's been a heatwave summer over a month
above 35C days. But the Cows have chewed, spat-out and stomped on it for who knows how long.
Mangled mess is an understatement.
I'll be lucky to get a few screws and maybe a motor out of it for spares.
Mar 03, 2019, 03:51 AM
@ Too Many Toys .....Do you live in an area with a trace minerals deficiency?
Mar 03, 2019, 05:40 AM
Yeah, no vitamin Q anywhere around here.

Cows will chew on anything. I once re-wired nx doors tandem trailer, on a Tuesday, Thursday he came over
and said when are you going to do the trailer. I said "it's done", he said "no it's not".
I walked over and there was a big ball of copper and shredded PVC insulation hanging on the ground.
The other neighbours Cows had got out and walked past his house and had a little snack.
Mar 03, 2019, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Toys
Yeah, no vitamin Q anywhere around here.

Cows will chew on anything. I once re-wired nx doors tandem trailer, on a Tuesday, Thursday he came over
and said when are you going to do the trailer. I said "it's done", he said "no it's not".
I walked over and there was a big ball of copper and shredded PVC insulation hanging on the ground.
The other neighbours Cows had got out and walked past his house and had a little snack.
Yep. I got pretty adept at rewiring tractors, trucks, trailers and sundry other equipment on the old homestead in past times.
Persistent beasties got moved up the roster for Sunday lunch!
Mar 04, 2019, 10:51 PM

Banggood Dumps LiPo (CN) Shipping to Australia.

I've been having a Lot of trouble with Banggood lately over their recent performance, P-P is now involved .

Anyway I was just checking on a few things and is seems they (BG) have now dumped many items that contain
LiPo Batteries from shipping to Australia. The list includes LiPo Batteries and devices that use them especially
if there is a few batteries in the option. The VISUO XS812 is still available, 1 to 3 Batt option (for how long ? ?)
The 3 spare battery option is still available. But the VISUO XS809HW / XS809W, 3 spare Batts are Not.

Banggood is now saying ~ (CN) This warehouse can not ship to your location.
Yesterday these things were available, looking today the policy seems to have changed.

This is now the same for many plain LiPo batteries, even fairly small ones.
And other RC devices that use even smaller batteries than some of the VISUO range.

So just be aware if you now buy something RC you may not be able to get extra batteries for it from BG.

Added:
It seems BG have had another change of policy since last week.
The things listed as ~ (CN) This warehouse can not ship to your location, are now suddenly available again

I did have a package arrive from BG (that I had totally forgotten about as it was so long ago) which was
very small 1S LiPo cells. They all arrived individually bubble wrapped in boxes, very large boxes for the
cell sizes, then all inside another box. Maybe this is the new requirement for International LiPo Shipping.
But they also took over five weeks to arrive, back on the Slow Boat, no Air transport maybe.
Last edited by Too Many Toys; Mar 08, 2019 at 08:23 PM.
Apr 16, 2019, 12:51 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
I screwed up pretty good with this one when doing the waypoints, and a lot of this information may be very obvious to some, but here's my experience anyway:

VISUO XS812 GPS Drone (Crashed, Lost, and Found!) (14 min 15 sec)
Apr 23, 2019, 06:05 AM
@fusen, thank you for clarifying.
Jun 22, 2019, 11:11 AM
Thread OP

NEW VISUO ZEN K1 Review Introduction

Hi fellow rc pilots & rc enthusiasts

NEW VISUO ZEN K1 Review Introduction Brushless 5G WIFI FPV GPS with 4K HD Dual Camera Foldable RC Quadcopter Drone COMING SOON.
Finally a brushless quadcopter drone from Visuo 

Visuo ZEN K1 review introduction - Brushless 5G WIFI FPV GPS with 4K HD Dual Camera (1 min 44 sec)
Jul 15, 2019, 03:14 PM
Goodnight,

I bought the Drone Visuo XS812 and I can not get the Follow me function to work? Any suggestions that I may be doing wrong?

Regards,
Sep 16, 2019, 11:43 AM
Thread OP

Visuo Zen K1 review - WARNING: Unstable & Unreliable

Hi fellow rc pilots & rc enthusiasts

Visuo Zen K1 review. This Visuo Zen K1 review did not end well either unfortunately. I have left out most of the preliminary to not waste your time and you can see the flight, function and features tests before an unexpected end.

Visuo Zen K1 review - WARNING: Unstable & Unreliable (30 min 30 sec)

Quick Reply