Jul 31, 2018, 04:38 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

VISUO XS812 GPS 5G WiFi FPV w/ 2MP/5MP HD Camera RC Drone review & **Owners Thread**

VISUO XS812 GPS 5G WiFi FPV with 2MP/5MP HD Camera 15mins Flight Time Foldable RC Drone Quadcopter RTF

Preorder here: https://goo.gl/CtGvh5

Visuo XS809HW IN STOCK, on SALE here now: https://goo.gl/CtGvh5

Description:
Brand: VISUO
Item No.: XS812
Frequency: 2.4G
Channel: 4CH
Gyro: 6Axis
FPV: WiFi
Camera: 2MP / 5MP (Optional)
Quadcopter Battery: 3.85V 1800mAh
Flying Time: About 15mins
Charging Time: About 180-200mins
R/C Distance: About 200m
Flying Weight: 200-300g
Color: Black
Quadcopter weight: 160g
Quadcopter Size: 18.2×14.6×6cm (Foldable)
36×35×6.4cm (Unfoldable with Protection Cover)
33×33×6cm (Unfoldable without Protection Cover)
Package Size: 27×23×12.5cm
Package Weight: 700g

Features:
- With foldable arm, small size, easy to carry.
- GPS positioning mode provides a more accurate flight.
- Surround action will enable the aircraft flying in a circle, providing cooler shooting perspective.(outdoors only)
- Follow me: the aircraft will fix the controlling cellphone and follow the operator whichever direction he moves.(outdoors only)
- Waypoint route mode, just draw a route on the screen, the copter as the given path.(outdoors only)
- With altitude hold mode function provides stable flight.
- With 5G wifi function can be connected APP, APK system to take pictures, video, real-time transmission through the phone camera image.
- Optional 2MP / 5MP HD camera give wide range high denfinition pictures and video.
- With 3.7V 1800mAh battery, the fly time up to 15 mins.
- With Headless Mode,no need to adjust the position of aircraft before flying .
- With One key to return function makes it easily to find the way home.
- with low power protection overcurrent protection.
- 2.4GHz Technology Adopted for Anti-Interference.
- 4 Channel which can do ascend, descend, forward, backward, left sideward fly, right sideward fly and rolling 360°.
- 6-axis gyro which can have more stable flying and be easy to control.
- It have 3-level flight speed to switch that can make more fun with the flying.
- It can realize 3D tumbling 360°rolling in four directions with 4 LED lights.
- The quadcopter fuselage is made of high strength and resistant engineering plastics,lightweight and durable resistance.

Function: GPS, 5G WiFi FPV, 2MP/5MP HD Camera, Altitude Hold Mode, Headless Mode, One Key Automatic Return, Up/down, Forward/backward, Turn left/right, Sideward flight, LED Light
Last edited by Bill M - RC; Nov 21, 2018 at 09:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2018, 04:41 AM
Thread OP
Hi fellow rc pilots & rc enthusiasts

Visuo XS812 review. This Visuo XS 812 GPS 5G WiFi FPV Foldable Quadcopter Drone review includes Unboxing, Inspection, Setup, Compass calibration, Flight & App tests.

NEW Visuo XS812 review - GPS 5G WiFi FPV Foldable Quadcopter Drone under $90 (31 min 45 sec)
Last edited by Bill M - RC; Sep 04, 2018 at 02:28 PM.
Jul 31, 2018, 05:31 AM
Will be interesting to see how that '5MP' camera performs; BTW: on Tomtop they differentiate not 2MP/5MP but 720p/1080p

Folding GPS quad with 3 batteries for under €100 is a pretty good proposition imo, provided of course everything is working nicely.
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Jul 31, 2018 at 05:41 AM.
Jul 31, 2018, 06:28 AM
Registered Fanatic
Yeah that's a great price for a GPS equipped drone! Can't wait to see some reviews.

I always wish the camera tilt was controllable from the remote, but oh well. As long as it can be tilted manually before takeoff, considering this great price I'm ok with that.
Jul 31, 2018, 08:54 AM
Look forward to your review.
Jul 31, 2018, 04:45 PM
Thread OP
Hi Guys

Thank you for your comments, this does look promising, but the proof will be in the pudding :-) I look forward to reviewing & sharing this with you :-)
Aug 03, 2018, 12:22 PM
Would that be Yorkshire pudding?
Aug 04, 2018, 04:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliron69
would that be yorkshire pudding?
lol :-) a made in Surrey Suet pudding.
Last edited by Bill M - RC; Aug 04, 2018 at 04:45 AM.
Sep 01, 2018, 11:04 AM
like to see the first tests of this xs812 before ordering one myself (or choose another one like mjx bugs 5, or 2).... any idea when first tests will come?
Sep 02, 2018, 07:19 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted38
like to see the first tests of this xs812 before ordering one myself (or choose another one like mjx bugs 5, or 2).... any idea when first tests will come?
Hi Ted, if all goes well, I will post my review of this tomorrow.
Sep 03, 2018, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M - RC
Hi Ted, if all goes well, I will post my review of this tomorrow.
Thanks in advance, expecially in interested in accuracy GPS & follow me mode, an overall video quality op the 1080P camera
( my visuo's xs809hw's have a rather bad quality for the advertised 2MP, compared with the E58 for example, and reviews of the xs809S camera are not so good either )
Sep 03, 2018, 05:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted38
Thanks in advance, expecially in interested in accuracy GPS & follow me mode, an overall video quality op the 1080P camera
( my visuo's xs809hw's have a rather bad quality for the advertised 2MP, compared with the E58 for example, and reviews of the xs809S camera are not so good either )
Hi Ted, trying to resolve an issue with the android app, but is working with the ios app but needs a little more testing. I can say that the gps is very good, stable & accurate. The 2.0mp camera is not bad but unfortunately does not have an sd card slot and the video drops frames over 5G WiFi. Full review to follow soon.
Sep 03, 2018, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Hi Ted, trying to resolve an issue with the android app, but is working with the ios app but needs a little more testing. I can say that the gps is very good, stable & accurate. The 2.0mp camera is not bad but unfortunately does not have an sd card slot and the video drops frames over 5G WiFi. Full review to follow soon.
thanks for the headsup, a bit sorry to hear a cardslot is missing...
will watch (out for) your review 👍
Sep 04, 2018, 02:27 PM
Thread OP

Finally, here is my review

Visuo XS812 review. This Visuo XS 812 GPS 5G WiFi FPV Foldable Quadcopter Drone review includes Unboxing, Inspection, Setup, Compass calibration, Flight & App tests.

NEW Visuo XS812 review - GPS 5G WiFi FPV Foldable Quadcopter Drone under $90 (31 min 45 sec)
Sep 04, 2018, 04:28 PM
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KGWtm3HiDk
will watch it, the full half hour ��

thanks for your efforts

edit : well, watched the full video, but i am a lot disappointed in the not working functions as the follow me function and orbit mode. (why even sell it with that is it doesnt even remitely work?)

the lack of an internal sd-card also puts me of (ans not impressed with video quality even this is the 2.0mp version) , and still brushed motors?

i think i better look around for nice sale of a mjx bugs 2c, 2w or 5w... sure, probably more expensive but also better quality....
(or could we expect update in software etc?)

still great work in reviewing this item��
any thought about built quality and reliability?
Last edited by Ted38; Sep 04, 2018 at 05:05 PM. Reason: disappointed after videoreview

Quick Reply