Aug 05, 2018, 04:32 PM
This is what I'm looking for! I wonder what the WS is?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2018, 05:46 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Is it here yet????

Latest blog entry: My 2022 event schedule.
Aug 22, 2018, 12:28 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Hey Tom think this one would fit the pond at NEAT 2019?
Aug 22, 2018, 01:05 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
Not unless we have another flood of 2004!
Aug 22, 2018, 09:45 PM

wellllll

It will fit once.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
Aug 28, 2018, 01:16 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
I am in on this model.....tracking progress here

TwistedGrin
Aug 28, 2018, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy
Wouldn't one think that adding retracts to a plane like this would automatically increase sales significantly? It just opens up the market to all those that have no access to a flying site off of water.
Ya know this is a great big soft spot between the developers eyes in regard to virtually any Seaplane they seem to develop. No Retracts!! Why, "Idiots" simply idiots. Naa, it's not that actually. An Albatross requires special custom made, custom designed landing gear. It has to be waterproof! They could offer it as an option. They could make one that's not water proof, "GOOD IDEA IAN" for all of us that have flying fields that don't have a lake near by, (Which is most of us). But I don't think the dev can get past the "Sea Plane/not water proof notion".

So if we're going to buy one of these, we're just going to have to do it ourselves. I saw one of these with retractable landing gear from another vendor, (Very Expensive). Doesn't look to hard, I'll do it.

Honestly this plane is on my must have list, and am great full HK decided to do it. Good Job Hobbyking. Ya most certainly are doing a good job.

Now how about that Boeing 737. It's been around just as long as a C-130. Of course no one wants it, LOL. But no body thought that a C-130 was a good idea until you took the leap. A Boeing 737 is a winner. Not one that takes a year to build, one you can purchase and fly in a reasonable amount of time. One that most people can afford to purchase and have fun with. Please ignore the na Sayers. If you actually paid attention to those guys, we never would have got a beautiful C-130.

Best Regards
Woody
Aug 29, 2018, 11:46 AM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Grass operations should pose no problems at all....even easier when a "Differiential" motor thrust mix is set up. I have that mix set up on the Fight Test Seaduck and is super fun.

No differiential thrust on the Dynam 1500mm PBY Catalina....and foitha moa....no counter rotating props...they turn the same way

Dynam 1470mm PBY Catalina grass strip operations 09-10-15 (11 min 37 sec)

I am looking forward to the release of the HK Grumman Albatross

TwistedGrin
Aug 29, 2018, 04:20 PM
It would be nice to here from Hobby King on the status of this one.
Aug 29, 2018, 04:23 PM
If the grass at your field is a bit longer than the beautiful grass surface shown in Twisted’s excellent video there, you can take a small spray bottle filled with diluted detergent solution and spray the underside of the hull before takeoff. That helps reduce drag on the grass and helps the plane get up to takeoff speed.
Aug 29, 2018, 05:10 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 2
If the grass at your field is a bit longer than the beautiful grass surface shown in Twisted’s excellent video there, you can take a small spray bottle filled with diluted detergent solution and spray the underside of the hull before takeoff. That helps reduce drag on the grass and helps the plane get up to takeoff speed.
I have a 4-cell twin Canadair water bomber and even in thick grass in the summer, it has enough power to get off the ground in about 20 feet. I lined the underside of the hull with clear Gorilla tape just to protect it from abrasion, not to help it get off the ground. This Albotross looks like it will perform just as well on its 4-cell power.
Sep 06, 2018, 08:49 AM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Hobbyking stated on the C-130 thread that model has completed a manufacturing run and now on container ships heading to warehouses.......

Is there any news of manufacture for this Albatross??

TwistedGrin
Sep 06, 2018, 08:52 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Per a recent podcast appearance, the Albatross is behind the C130 and the big spitfire in the conga line. It's also apparently significantly overpowered.
Sep 06, 2018, 08:58 AM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Oh dear...how we hate those nasty over powered models.......Ship It!!

TwistedGrin
Sep 06, 2018, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGrin
Oh dear...how we hate those nasty over powered models.......Ship It!!

TwistedGrin
Overpowered means 1/2 throttle flying....Plenty in reserve...good stuff;

Quick Reply