Jul 30, 2018, 09:12 AM
Head NEAT geek
I didn't see any water in that video!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2018, 10:01 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy
Wouldn't one think that adding retracts to a plane like this would automatically increase sales significantly? It just opens up the market to all those that have no access to a flying site off of water.
I am OK with no retracts at that model that size. I fly seaplanes off the grass pretty regularly. If the model was larger, retracts would be a lot more important in my book.
Latest blog entry: My 2022 event schedule.
Jul 30, 2018, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
That is NOT a painted CNC prototype. That is out of a mold. Committing to a mold is not an insignificant effort. It's not if it will go into production but when.
Yes I appreciate that a huge proportion of the development costs go into the mold, but that would also have been the case with other planes such as the long awaited super scale Spitfire, which has been promised for something like two years without being available yet as I write this.
Anyway it’s a great looking plane, let’s hope you’re right and that “when” or indeed, “soon” doesn’t turn out to be two years!
Jul 30, 2018, 11:58 AM
Fly and let Fly!
Lets count how many complaints we see here... Before it even hits market....
Jul 30, 2018, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg
Lets count how many complaints we see here... Before it even hits market....
Well if it takes two years to hit the market you could have time to count quite a few.
Jul 30, 2018, 12:21 PM
71% of the world is runway . .
Thread OP
Let's just keep the thread about the Albatross ,there really is no point in complaining here on rcg. If you want one with a functional retracts system my advise would be to build one yourself. Trust me , retracts on a model this size would turn this flyingboat into a reno racer.
I think this is a really nice airplane which should provide future owners with lot's of fun flying from both gras and water.

Cheers,

Bart
Jul 30, 2018, 01:04 PM
Canadian down south!
Looking forward to seeing more details about this - already have my planned livery!
Jul 30, 2018, 02:55 PM
Not another too soon scenario! Oh no! Why do they do this to us? Lol! But sadly, I'm out on this one...I'm still waiting for the Avios Spit, T-28 redo, Bonanza, Shusui...besides the Martin Mariner Is my favorite seabird!!
Jul 30, 2018, 05:44 PM
Looks nice to me. If it has respectable slow flight, count me in whenever it is available.
Jul 31, 2018, 11:50 AM
Have any of you ever actually SEEN the retract mechanism on an Albatross? For it to even approach scale they'd need to design, source, and construct some pretty robust units that would never fit or be appropriate on any other type of plane. It's a silly idea for a foamie whose price points is probably shooting for 250 usd.
Jul 31, 2018, 12:36 PM
71% of the world is runway . .
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
Have any of you ever actually SEEN the retract mechanism on an Albatross? For it to even approach scale they'd need to design, source, and construct some pretty robust units that would never fit or be appropriate on any other type of plane. It's a silly idea for a foamie whose price points is probably shooting for 250 usd.
I designed a retact system for my Goose , this took lots of time. The system on the Albatross is even more complex as it partly folds in the wings.

Grumman Goose , landing gear (0 min 46 sec)

This guy build a functional scale rectract for his Albatross , it is slightly bigger then the hobbyking model

GIANT 1:6.5 SCALE RC GRUMMAN HU-16 ALBATROSS FLYING BOAT - TWIN 62cc ZENOAHS - NLMFC - 2018 (9 min 20 sec)

Bart
Jul 31, 2018, 12:56 PM
that's a nice job with the goose.
Aug 01, 2018, 12:50 AM
Grumpa Tom
I want this one too!
Aug 01, 2018, 08:44 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
I believe, not sure? that there is another one of these in a slightly larger format in the works with retracts? But who knows when or if it will be announced?

I am liking what I've seen here so far
Aug 01, 2018, 08:50 AM
Fly and let Fly!
I'd say better than "nice" ..!!

Quick Reply