Apr 04, 2019, 05:47 PM
That thing almost hit me
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH
As in my videos, you put a hand on each side and pull up, it fits TIGHT. The first time I put my arm up through the wing hole and pushed it off. Also in my build video
I didn't remember that in the video, but that's what I did too.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 04, 2019, 05:50 PM
JohnVHRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoed
I didn't remember that in the video, but that's what I did too.
It goes by quick.

https://youtu.be/qgDkaS6QJjU?t=226
Latest blog entry: VQ A-24 Banshee Maiden Flight!
Apr 04, 2019, 06:01 PM
That thing almost hit me
I ended up installing my receiver on the side of the fuse with velcro so the wing sits in the battery compartment without having to unplug everything. I can unplug the elevator and rudder, detach the receiver from the velcro and remove the wing (along with the receiver) for transport. I put a couple of short extentions on the ele and rud so I'm not yanking the plugs off the receiver each time.
Apr 04, 2019, 06:11 PM
DFS#000178
Tom, I'm not sure if I've ever posted these in this thread or not, but maybe they'll be of some use to you. These are videos of the gear (air retracts) on the (significantly larger) G&P Sales Albatross. Bill from G&P sent them to me when I was thinking about doing the gear for my G&P Albatross, something I decided against given the cost.
They're not super-detailed but maybe they'll provide you with something of use.

G&P Albatross nose gear (0 min 10 sec)

G&P Albatross main gear (0 min 17 sec)
Apr 04, 2019, 07:49 PM
I give up. Why is everyone ripping the water rudder off? Did everyone that purchased one is going to fly off grass?
On my 1/4 scale Beaver, the rudders on the pontoons make it a breeze to control.
Apr 04, 2019, 08:11 PM
That thing almost hit me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4it
I give up. Why is everyone ripping the water rudder off? Did everyone that purchased one is going to fly off grass?
On my 1/4 scale Beaver, the rudders on the pontoons make it a breeze to control.
I think most are going with differential thrust and the full size Albatross doesn't have one. (and it's sorta ugly too).
Apr 04, 2019, 08:29 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Because it's ugly and throttle differential will work just as well or better.
Apr 04, 2019, 10:47 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Started working on adding some visible cockpit details

This is what it looks like under the hatch hood.

New dummy radials will be here on Saturday to fit check.

Other details are waiting on Tom H.
Last edited by brandonmoon; Apr 04, 2019 at 11:00 PM.
Apr 04, 2019, 11:22 PM
Looking for the obscure
What CG are you guys using? Manual suggests 80mm as a good spot. Just curious if that is what you have found as a good spot also.

I plan on using a larger 5000mah 4s pack as that is what I have and use on the 185. That size battery is way back under the wing when I balanced it and before I fabricate a battery retention system just wanted a good target CG.

Thanks,
GS
Last edited by Gear Swinger; Apr 05, 2019 at 12:16 AM. Reason: battery size
Apr 05, 2019, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon
Started working on adding some visible cockpit details

This is what it looks like under the hatch hood.

New dummy radials will be here on Saturday to fit check.

Other details are waiting on Tom H.

FWIW the old boy that taught me how to fly some forty years + ago. Told me any plane that I flew should have a pilot installed in it. He went on to say with a big Sh**eaten grin, that all planes seem to have an expiration date hidden inside and the planes without a pilot seem to meet that expiration date much faster.

Keep up the good work, also where did you get the pilots?
Apr 05, 2019, 12:30 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Quote:
FWIW the old boy that taught me how to fly some forty years + ago. Told me any plane that I flew should have a pilot installed in it. He went on to say with a big Sh**eaten grin, that all planes seem to have an expiration date hidden inside and the planes without a pilot seem to meet that expiration date much faster.

Keep up the good work, also where did you get the pilots?
The pilots are from the FlightlineRC B-24 Liberator.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...iberator-pilot
Apr 05, 2019, 12:57 AM
Brandon...Did you have to cut any foam to get the "clear view"
Apr 05, 2019, 02:05 AM
i also just got my avios albatross ,bad servos ,1 flap just buzzed and got hot, elevator servo not strong enough to to let it function properly ,rudder servo worked intermittently also would buzz and not center, would recommend replacing all servos.
Apr 05, 2019, 02:36 AM
DFS#000178
They really did take a page from the SkyMule playbook with the canopy. Lol.

I wonder if they'll sell us unpainted canopies, or if PFP will offer a clear one.

Tom? Maybe you can get us a hook-up on unpainted canopies?
Apr 05, 2019, 02:42 AM
Well I’ve pulled the trigger, so mine is on the way.
I’m thinking about using the 6ch Spektrum antennaless receiver, do you guys think that would work OK in this plane? Only thing I’m worried about is the size of the battery possibly blanking the receiver at some angles.

Quick Reply