Aug 01, 2018, 02:45 PM
killickb
I got as far as the "Buy" button for a V.2 of the Dynam PB-Y from Motion but did not push! Saw this thread pop up and so will at least wait until end of year (when we start water flying) to see if this one makes it to market. Looks very nice.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2018, 02:49 PM
I can fix that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb
I got as far as the "Buy" button for a V.2 of the Dynam PB-Y from Motion but did not push! Saw this thread pop up and so will at least wait until end of year (when we start water flying) to see if this one makes it to market. Looks very nice.
I think you dodged a bullet there. The Cat is my least favorite water-plane to fly!
Any flight that doesn't end with me going out in the Kayak to retrieve is a good one.
Aug 01, 2018, 04:49 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.wagner
I think you dodged a bullet there. The Cat is my least favorite water-plane to fly!
Any flight that doesn't end with me going out in the Kayak to retrieve is a good one.
Man, I love my Dynam Cat when the wind is no more than 5-8mph and the waves are a couple of inches high. I did shorten and angle my tip floats and the water handing is impeccable, as long as you use the correct techique when landing: minimal sink rate at touch down with some power on.

Stall it or bounce it on too hard and it fights back...

I hope the Albatross does as well.
Latest blog entry: RC events for 2019!
Aug 01, 2018, 08:37 PM
DFS#000178
The more I watch the video, the more I want it.

And the more I want it the more my G&P Albatross gives me a death glare.

But given that this one would be easier to transport and I would have to travel a significant distance to fly off water, this one is winning...

The G&P might just get hung up as a ceiling queen.
Aug 02, 2018, 11:13 AM
I can fix that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B
Man, I love my Dynam Cat when the wind is no more than 5-8mph and the waves are a couple of inches high. I did shorten and angle my tip floats and the water handing is impeccable, as long as you use the correct techique when landing: minimal sink rate at touch down with some power on.

Stall it or bounce it on too hard and it fights back...

I hope the Albatross does as well.
I did angle the tips, but I didn't shorten the strut.
If you get a chance, would you measure the distance between the rear of the float, and the wing, or if you can remember the overall amount amount you lopped off, that would be awesome.
Aug 02, 2018, 12:27 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.wagner
I did angle the tips, but I didn't shorten the strut.
If you get a chance, would you measure the distance between the rear of the float, and the wing, or if you can remember the overall amount amount you lopped off, that would be awesome.

Crucial to have adequate clearance from both tip floats to the water surface when the model is moving fast enough for the ailerons to be effective. Greatly reduces chances of a sudden “water loop”.

Will have mine out of storage for a float fly on Sunday and will measure then.
Aug 04, 2018, 06:00 AM
I'm not really into water flying, but I really like the Albatross. In the video looks like it has plenty of power to take off of grass. Between this and the C-130 coming HK is going to get some more of my money.
Aug 04, 2018, 03:27 PM
Blue Remembered Hills
Super excited to hear about the Grumman Albatross, its perfect for the lake I fly off 100m from my front door. Any mail on if there will be multiple schemes (like their C-130)?
Aug 04, 2018, 05:54 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShropshireLad
Super excited to hear about the Grumman Albatross, its perfect for the lake I fly off 100m from my front door. Any mail on if there will be multiple schemes (like their C-130)?
USAF or USCG SAR would be for me!
Aug 04, 2018, 05:59 PM
Custom User Name Title
Hemisphere Dancer
Aug 04, 2018, 06:00 PM
Head NEAT geek
Boss.....Da BIG plane ... Da BIG plane!
Aug 04, 2018, 06:42 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
I'll be duplicating my last one that had retracts
Aug 04, 2018, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon
I'll be duplicating my last one that had retracts
I like it!! This is on my to buy list.
Aug 05, 2018, 01:04 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
USAF or USCG SAR would be for me!
USCG would sell me even more than I'm already sold! That's the scheme my G&P's in and in my opinion it's the most attractive scheme for this plane.
Aug 05, 2018, 02:06 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
Hemisphere Dancer
I read that book... And had a margarita under its wing a couple of years ago...

I like that scheme, but will likely go military with the Albatross.

Quick Reply