May 24, 2019, 02:27 PM
nsr500v
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy
Wouldn't one think that adding retracts to a plane like this would automatically increase sales significantly? It just opens up the market to all those that have no access to a flying site off of water.
That would be a first for sure and defiantly would buy one . would be nice To also see a CL-415 in the same size with retracts..
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2019, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM
Can I assume you have some down elevator mixed in to your flap channel?
Could you please tell me what % down elevator you mixed in at mid and full flap positions.
Thanks.
Iím using 10% down for half flaps and 15% down for full flaps. Seems about right for my plane anyway.
May 24, 2019, 09:14 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Still a work in progress, but a first look at the new modified vertical stab and rudder for the HU-16B
May 24, 2019, 10:35 PM
HELP !! Does anyone know how to set up the reverse when you have throttles on two channels

The esc instructions only show how to set up reverse on gear channel.

Thanks
May 24, 2019, 10:58 PM
Reverse can be set on any free unused channel. for the throttles...There needs the be a mix of the throttle and what ever Aux channel you choose?
May 24, 2019, 11:09 PM
Grumpa Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon
Still a work in progress, but a first look at the new modified vertical stab and rudder for the HU-16B
Wow, that is quite a large difference. Like HUGE.
May 24, 2019, 11:27 PM
Yup, thats scale height for a HU-16B with change in the fin cap and rudder.

NOTE: Rudder does not extend all the way up the trailing esge of the vertical.
Last edited by brandonmoon; May 24, 2019 at 11:46 PM.
May 25, 2019, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 2
Iím using 10% down for half flaps and 15% down for full flaps. Seems about right for my plane anyway.

Thanks Mark. That sounds like a good starting point.
May 25, 2019, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Reverse can be set on any free unused channel. for the throttles...There needs the be a mix of the throttle and what ever Aux channel you choose?
Thanks Brandon... I managed to get the two throttles set up on my Orange R820X using Thro-left motor and Aux3-right motor with gear-reverse and all working good.

Now I cant work out how to switch it off when flying... Set ups for me are a pain...

Any further help would be appreciated..
May 25, 2019, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier
Thanks Brandon... I managed to get the two throttles set up on my Orange R820X using Thro-left motor and Aux3-right motor with gear-reverse and all working good.

Now I cant work out how to switch it off when flying... Set ups for me are a pain...

Any further help would be appreciated..
What radio are you using? Spektrum?

On your throttle mixes...assign them to a switch on your radio. Preferably a 2 position switch that will allow the mix to be either on or off.

Same goes for the throttle reverse function on a seperate 2 position switch....I have mine assigned to the "I" switch which is the bind switch button.

I did upload my spm file a few days ago for others to use that already has the programmed.
Last edited by brandonmoon; May 25, 2019 at 07:55 AM.
May 25, 2019, 10:19 AM
Ex RAF Techie
Just got my RCAF paint scheme on. Decals are on their way from Callie 😁
May 25, 2019, 10:42 AM
That looks sharp ...I like it
May 25, 2019, 12:05 PM
Ex RAF Techie
Quote:
That looks sharp ...I like it
Thanks, I did the 'Rescue band', the de-icing boot on the fin, and tidied up the dummy wheels this afternoon too. I'm going to add a second servo for the elevators but keep the water rudder for the time being. I don't have enough channels on my receiver to mix differential throttles, but I'll get round to it eventually
May 25, 2019, 04:14 PM

Thanks to all

Folks,
Maidened my Albatross today, 3 flights all good. A couple thoughts:

Tried without water rudder as recommended but coward I am, I did not remove the hinge/hinge post/linkage in case I thought it needed the water rudder. Will be removing all that crap before flying again. +1 to several others saying it is neither needed nor desirable.

I set up differential thrust but 15% seemed a bit low. I went with 50% and needed it, probably due to unusual conditions. At this lake we had a 10 mph wind blowing straight in our faces. Take-offs could be into the wind but landings were crosswind (2 landings were not my prettiest ever, 1 was OK). Taxi back downwind needed the additional diff thrust to turn around.

Yellow on top of wing tips aids with visibility (not to mention scale). +1 for previously mentioned put white paint on the tips first, then cover with yellow. I didn't but wished I had.

All in all, I really like this airplane! I just wanted to say many thanks for all the advice, it was very helpful.
May 25, 2019, 04:52 PM
Grumpa Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by davylah
Just got my RCAF paint scheme on. Decals are on their way from Callie 😁
So when you are at V1 you can say "take off hoser!"

Quick Reply