This thread is privately moderated by JulianGoesPro, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 27, 2018, 02:58 PM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

AKK FX2 Ultimate // 1200mW // 5.8GHz // First Impression

Since the day I bought into the CrossFire system I knew I wanted to tip my toes into "longer range"

...I have some 2.4GHz video stuff but it's really old and only puts out 10mW (EU version^^) so not really that "longer range" at all... and the 2.4GHz cloverleaf antennas are huge... (sure not as huge as the 1.3GHz ones ) ...so... long story short... I decided with "my guys"... 5.8GHz is what we will be using for now... at first at 25mW... and later... (sooner than later? ) a bit more

So here is the unboxing of the AKK FX2 Ultimate // 1200mW // 5.8GHz // Video Transmitter
Unboxing // AKK FX2 Ultimate // 1200mW // 5.8GHz // Video Transmitter (4 min 12 sec)

At first, I wanted to put it into my KissCarrierBuild...

btw... one downside of the wire harness that comes with the vTx is that the cam connector has the "vTx control" wire included for no reason... and the connector actually isn't suitable for the Swift 2 which I consider the connector standard these days...

I love the button... its a 2 sec press to scroll through the "numbers" and a 4 sec press for scrolling through "channel / band / power"

....but managed to brick my KissFC while trying to update and I don't have the time to troubleshoot it again (last time it got bricked it took me like days to get either mac or windows to even read it correctly) so I jumped ship and put it on my longer range BOSMH (for those that aren't that long in this hobby... it's a BlackOutSuperMiniH... I consider it the first commercially available (and successful) Carbon Fiber Mini Quad)

So far I am impressed with how clean the video is (though I am not happy with how I didn't focus the cam lense...)
AKK FX2 Ultimate // 1200mW // 5.8GHz // First Flight (1 min 35 sec)

I'm loving it <3
Last edited by JulianGoesPro; Sep 02, 2018 at 11:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2018, 08:07 AM
N'a qu'un oeil
Sweet
Jul 29, 2018, 02:27 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayou
Sweet
Thanks! You are still here hanging around?
Aug 20, 2018, 03:36 PM
Hi

I ve got trouble with my new AKK Ultimate 1200mw ( With Kiss V2 )

The Smartaudio is working, and the VTX can be set with and LUA script. Nevertheless, the VTX enters in Pit mode after disarming but Stays in this mode even if the quad is armed again.

Have you ever had this problem?

Someone kown how to switch off the PitMod?
Aug 21, 2018, 03:05 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketshoo
Hi

I ve got trouble with my new AKK Ultimate 1200mw ( With Kiss V2 )

The Smartaudio is working, and the VTX can be set with and LUA script. Nevertheless, the VTX enters in Pit mode after disarming but Stays in this mode even if the quad is armed again.

Have you ever had this problem?

Someone kown how to switch off the PitMod?
My Kiss stuff isn't up to date (my ESCs don't even have the bootloader update lol) so I am not familiar with how Kiss handles SA... to me, it sounds more like a Kiss Bug... have you tried another SA vTx to see if it behaves the same?
Aug 21, 2018, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianGoesPro
My Kiss stuff isn't up to date (my ESCs don't even have the bootloader update lol) so I am not familiar with how Kiss handles SA... to me, it sounds more like a Kiss Bug... have you tried another SA vTx to see if it behaves the same?

Yes It's works fine with Unify, but sucks with AKK
Aug 22, 2018, 08:42 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketshoo
Yes It's works fine with Unify, but sucks with AKK
I bricked my last working KissFC so can't test with mine but sure can test it on RaceFligth well... FlightOne
I remember reading that some code in BetaF was changed to reflect the real SA protocol but third party SA products would stop working or would need code changes/fw updates).... not sure this is maybe the case here
Aug 23, 2018, 07:15 AM
hello how did you get your kiss to talk to AKK i cant get mine to work thank you
Sep 09, 2018, 03:06 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by grittymood
hello how did you get your kiss to talk to AKK i cant get mine to work thank you
I still haven't got my KissFC to work again I hate how easy it is to brick it and not get it to be recognized by either Windows or macOS

Quick Reply