This thread is privately moderated by Digiflier, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 27, 2018, 11:54 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

A disturbing rant about the future of our hobby

The end of recreational drone and RC model flying in the USA? (27 min 50 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2018, 03:06 PM
my Head is Spinning!!!
Commercial Drone Alliance is supported by:

CNN
PROJECT WING / X
AMERICAN FUEL & PETROCHEMICAL MANUFACTURERS (AFPM)
DATAWING GLOBAL
AIRDATA UAV
GRYPHON SENSORS
TALON AEROLYTICS
FORD MOTOR COMPANY
NIGHTINGALE SECURITY
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF TOWER ERECTORS (NATE)
UAVIONIX
DII
SKYSAFE
PARAZERO
CAPE
CRASAR
ANRA TECHNOLOGIES
DIGITAL GLOBAL SYSTEMS
RED MOUNTAIN SCIENTIFIC
DRONEUP
SECURITY INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION

mission statement...

We advocate for the commercial use of drones by reducing barriers to enable this game-changing technology. We create value for commercial enterprise end users to facilitate adoption of drone technology. We educate on the benefits of drone technology for various end user communities.
Jul 27, 2018, 04:22 PM
Experts stating anecdotal evidence. Thanks for this informative video. I am a private pilot and I fly RC craft too. One thing you may not be aware of about the USA, the Feds make unenforceable rules all the time. CB radios used to require a FCC license. They gave up. Drones are more prolific than CB radios. Good luck to the FAA. #RCresist
Jul 28, 2018, 12:08 AM
Idiots are everywhere ( we say "idiot's mother is always pregnant" ) so one thing is the hobby, another is having someone programming a drone automatic flight of 20-30 km with no altitude limit, in which case you must admit there could be a collision danger with real aircraft. It could be enough to accept minor restrictions to solve the problem i.e. :
1 fly and pilot on sight (segregated area)
2 accept a space limit ( 1 km radius for 500 m altitude would be enough ? If not ask for more)
3 do not fly in airport proximity
4 accept weight, dimensions and power limit to fly in public spaces (like parks)
Who wants to go further will then need a license.

Do you think this is not reasonable for both parties ( hobby and safety) ?
Last edited by eagle60; Aug 04, 2018 at 01:29 AM.

Quick Reply