Aug 19, 2018, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevenelestate
The EZUHF shouldn't be on the Vx rail, the rest of the 5V stuff on the FC is on a separate BEC.
You are absolutely right. My bad. I use ST1 and power from the 5v sbus connection. So nothing left on Vx.

@ MR Shadey, the uncontrolled movement ONLY happened during moving the plane in angle/horizon. With no movement of the plane it was all normal.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2018, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevenelestate
The EZUHF shouldn't be on the Vx rail, the rest of the 5V stuff on the FC is on a separate BEC.

Good point, and the vx bec is 3amp which should be plenty.
Aug 23, 2018, 11:17 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG

Magnetometer doesn't work

This is my first time with iNav and with aircraft flight controller. The official website states the magnetometer as "HMC5883 / MAG3110 / QMC5883 / IST8310". I tried each of them but none works. The Mag icon "N" is red while Gyro, Accel, and Baro are blue. GPS, Flow, and Sonar are not lighted up.

What should I select as the magnetometer? What does the red status mean?

One more question: if my plane only has one motor, should I delete Motor 2 at Motor Mixer?
Aug 23, 2018, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=FyreSG;40122329]This is my first time with iNav and with aircraft flight controller. The official website states the magnetometer as "HMC5883 / MAG3110 / QMC5883 / IST8310". I tried each of them but none works. The Mag icon "N" is red while Gyro, Accel, and Baro are blue. GPS, Flow, and Sonar are not lighted up.

What should I select as the magnetometer? What does the red status mean?

One more question: if my plane only has one motor, should I delete Motor 2 at Motor Mixer?[/QUOTE
]

Disconnect the magnetometer you don't need it for a plane and as far as the motor 2 goes you don't need to delete, it it knows you have one motor.
I would suggest trying to pick a pre select model, closest to yours.
Aug 23, 2018, 01:06 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReganATX
Disconnect the magnetometer you don't need it for a plane and as far as the motor 2 goes you don't need to delete, it it knows you have one motor.
I would suggest trying to pick a pre select model, closest to yours.
Agree about the magnetometer, don't use one for planes.

I do turn off the motor 2 in the mixer tab, but that's just OCD and prefering the cleaner look in the iNav Configurator. There is no real reason to to turn it off.
Aug 24, 2018, 03:21 PM
@ RC Man,

You've probably discovered this by now, but the 512k Flash on the F411-Wing is too small for Arduplane. Needs 1M flash. Also by UHF interference, if you're referring to posts on Dragonlink thread over past few months, that's misinformation that is no longer accurate. A number of us are successfully flying the F405-Wing with 433MHz, and getting very good range checks on a reasonable layout.

Kelly
Aug 25, 2018, 12:37 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
I need the magnetometer to display the heading of my plane on the OSD. While this is not critical, I would like to know the steps to get it up and running. Since the component is manufactured and supposedly supported by the firmware, I'd like to use it.

So, is it possible to get the magnetometer working? What should I do?
Aug 25, 2018, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
I need the magnetometer to display the heading of my plane on the OSD. While this is not critical, I would like to know the steps to get it up and running. Since the component is manufactured and supposedly supported by the firmware, I'd like to use it.

So, is it possible to get the magnetometer working? What should I do?
No voltage on 5V rail with USB plugged only.
Be sure the GPS/mag module is powered on with battery connected. so that FC can detect mag when initialization.
Aug 26, 2018, 02:29 AM
If anyone is interested, I was able to use f.port on a Frsky R9 slim+ which gives full telemetry, Tramp audio on SP1 and GPS on UART 2.
This gives you your Rx,telemetry,smart audio and GPS on a board that only has 2 UART's.
Typically you would need to run your smartport or smart audio to SP1 so you would have to choose between smartaudio or smartport, this way you get it all.
Aug 26, 2018, 09:33 AM
Have you guys seen this #sub250gAUW build? It's using a 12v step up since it's running on 2S LiOn... since the F411 Wing is rated for 2S use... I am tempted to do the same build with the F411 but am worried a 2S lion will go too low for the F411... what do you guys think?

🛩️ Strix Nano Goblin - Sub 250g long range INAV wing build (14 min 35 sec)
Aug 26, 2018, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianGoesPro
Have you guys seen this #sub250gAUW build? It's using a 12v step up since it's running on 2S LiOn... since the F411 Wing is rated for 2S use... I am tempted to do the same build with the F411 but am worried a 2S lion will go too low for the F411... what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ25D5RYock
5V regulator works with min.5.8V input
Aug 27, 2018, 02:29 PM
The Wing Wing Z84 is much better platform and it is just indestructible. If you want a small capable wing ... and cheap this is better choice for me.
Aug 27, 2018, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matek
5V regulator works with min.5.8V input
Matek, do you know what you should develop - a simplified and robust high amperage capable version with 120A current sensor. I have 5-6 fixed wings with INAV and the only thing 90% of us need are:

- Reliable powerful current sensor
- GPS input
- One motor only
- 2 servo outputs only
- VTX output
- Camera input

You do not need BEC on the board for the servos, because the ESCs has it. You do not need BEC for the FPV combo too, but it is nice to have one just for filtration. Anyway on my INAV builds I am using the main battery to power the VTX and Camera combo, so you can scratch that too.

... and I have a name for you "MATEK HARDCORE WING"
Last edited by lkrustev; Aug 27, 2018 at 03:10 PM.
Aug 27, 2018, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrustev
Matek, do you know what you should develop - a simplified and robust high amperage capable version with 120A current sensor. I have 5-6 fixed wings with INAV and the only thing 90% of us need are:

- Reliable powerful current sensor
- GPS input
- One motor only
- 2 servo outputs only
- VTX output
- Camera input

You do not need BEC on the board for the servos, because the ESCs has it. You do not need BEC for the FPV combo too, but it is nice to have one just for filtration. Anyway on my INAV builds I am using the main battery to power the VTX and Camera combo, so you can scratch that too.

... and I have a name for you "MATEK HARDCORE WING"
I think 40A current sensor range is more than enough for one motor. you will get better resolution.
800~1200mm wing takes 5~20A only in cruise
Aug 28, 2018, 02:59 AM
If you want to just cruise yes, but if you want to go fast you need powerful sensor. Now my funjet ultra is limited only by the 60 amps sensor of the omnibus. 100 amps is something usual for this plane.

https://youtu.be/HshXrIWTs0A?t=91

Quick Reply