Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 27, 2018, 09:16 AM
Question

Binding the Universal Tx Module to a Nano Micro Rx

Hi Mr. Drew.

Equipment used:
Universal Module (UM) New, bought in May 2018.
Nano, Model Micro Rx, Bought in May 2018
Both are as received, not programmed by me.

Problem:
No Binding. The light on The UM turns from OFF to Green to Solid Orange. All this within a few seconds.

Details:
The following procedure was used.
Set the Nano in a binding mode, red light flashes quickly.
Turn ON TX while pressing on the UM button.
The light on the UM turns from OFF to Green to Solid Orange. All this within a few seconds
RX light does not change when the button is released.
When the button is released, when the green light is on, the Rx light does not change. The UM light turns Orange immediately and stays red when I release the button.
No Binding

Do you have trouble shooting procedures?
What should I do?
END
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2018, 12:19 PM
The LED on the transmitter module should be flashing orange when you put it into binding mode. If it doesn't, there is no PPM signal going to it. You can verify this also by just turning on the transmitter normally. The LED on the transmitter module should be rapidly flashing red (when no receiver is "connected"). Once a receiver that is bound to the module is powered up, the LED will switch from rapidly flashing red to rapidly flashing green.

So, take a look at whatever you are using for the PPM signal.
Jul 27, 2018, 05:15 PM
Yes you are right Mr. Drew, there is no PPM going to the UM.
Would you know where I can send my radio to have it converted with this UM.
This is my second Single stick that I am modifying with the XPS.
Please let me know.
Jul 27, 2018, 06:27 PM
Radio South is who we recommend:

www.radiosouthrc.com

Quick Reply