Jun 14, 2019, 12:54 PM
Thread OP
I'm not dead, but being away from RC for so long almost made it feel like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligola
Had some old pla and did a test infill was wrong ,forgot ti put zero. I read of 27" but cant see file
I think I may just post the 27" files to thingiverse as is. I haven't been able to flight test one, but all the pieces print. If my internet cooperates I'll try and post the STL's this evening.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2019, 03:18 PM
Great
Jun 16, 2019, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDYER
okay I found them further in the thread. @localfiend, Is there a file set with the hook integrated rather than having to cut out the wing?
No, there is not, but it is very easy to cut out the bottom of the fuselage following inside the ribs using a new xacto blade. And by doing it this way the piece that houses the hook is much stronger since it is not printed with just 1 layer. and no infill. You can see how well it fits and works from my pictures earlier in this thread. (I'm the one that designed the hook add on)
Jun 16, 2019, 10:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligola
Great
Here's the 27" version.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...e#post42102657
Jun 22, 2019, 12:27 PM
Thread OP

Getting ready for Flite Fest in Ohio.
Jun 22, 2019, 02:35 PM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
SWEET! I'll be there with my 3D printed wing prototype!

Ricky
Jun 24, 2019, 10:56 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgode
SWEET! I'll be there with my 3D printed wing prototype!

Ricky
Sweet plane dude. I like your servo pockets. Thinking of doing something similar on my current model. I want people to easily be able to make a box for their servo size. It's either that, or go all internal.

If things go well, I might have something else to test at FF.

Jul 01, 2019, 06:05 AM
That looks fantastic. I just flew the pike again. Considering what you pulled off with that one I will have to print one of these!

The Pike is the best belly lander I own btw. While being plenty fast no other 3d printed plane is as easy to land as the pike.
Jul 01, 2019, 12:25 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoemse
That looks fantastic. I just flew the pike again. Considering what you pulled off with that one I will have to print one of these!

The Pike is the best belly lander I own btw. While being plenty fast no other 3d printed plane is as easy to land as the pike.
Yeah, the forward swept wing, and good wing loading for the size on the Pike is going to be hard to beat.

I'm hopeful for the XF5U, but its more about bringing a beastly crazy war machine to life than gentle park flier. If it does what I hope with giant props though, it'l be very easy to land as well.
Jul 04, 2019, 05:02 PM

Patriot Pike Maiden....

localfiend (who is my local friend) printed and assembled this "Patriot Pike" for me. Seemed appropriate for Independence Day to be the maiden flight.

The Pike puts a smile on my face every time I fly it. Dilly Dilly!

Maiden flight of "Patriot Pike" (1 min 2 sec)
Jul 04, 2019, 05:20 PM
Thread OP
Congrats man!

I will hopefully be having the same success in a week at Flite Fest.

Wish I coulda stuck around longer, had to go buy bigger luggage to try and fit all the printed plane parts I'll be taking with me.

It seems there's a flying wing fly-in at othello later this month. I might try and make it there if I've recovered from my trip.

Experimenting today with masking tape and spray paint. Seems to have worked pretty well with minimal bleeding.
Jul 07, 2019, 12:57 AM
Thread OP
Black bled a bit more than red, but it was a thinner paint. Ah well, it will work.
Jul 09, 2019, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by localfiend
Black bled a bit more than red, but it was a thinner paint. Ah well, it will work.
Very nice!!
Jul 09, 2019, 06:50 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
So good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by localfiend
Aug 09, 2019, 09:33 AM

need help

Hello,

Thank you for the amazing job, this plane looks awesome !!!

I need some help with the settings for printing elevon section 1. What setting do you use t print this? So that the support of the rod on the elevon is strong enough...

Quick Reply