Sep 21, 2019, 01:32 PM

printing problems

hi,

I tried to print a section of the left wing, just to make sure my printer(ender 3) could handle the precision needed for these kind off prints. The biggest issue I have is that my slicer(Cura) removes the structure from the inside of the wing and prints the wing but hollow, making it very weak. Does anyone know what I did wrong?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2019, 04:09 PM
I had sane problem if i put gcode from zip file It does internal but im not sure It will fit buildplate
Sep 21, 2019, 07:45 PM
3D Printing Maniac
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligola View Post
I had sane problem if i put gcode from zip file It does internal but im not sure It will fit buildplate
The G-codes are all sized to fit a 200x200mm build plate, so it'll easily fit on an ender 3.

If you really want to use cura, there's a profile you can download on the thingiverse files section that will make the internals slice properly. I made the profile for the older 3.6 version of cura (which can still be downloaded). Haven't had a chance to see if it'l work on the new version.
Sep 21, 2019, 10:12 PM
How high will it go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by localfiend View Post
I sent one of these to Peter Sripol so he could do a little destructive airframe testing.

I'm in an area where rockets are a serious fire hazard. Fortunately Ohio has a lot more green stuff, and Peter was nice enough to put it to the test.

https://youtu.be/4PII917Yd-k
That was amazing! Haha. I watch that guy often. Good stuff.
Oct 01, 2019, 12:16 PM
SJ
SJ
Great design!

Just found it 2 days ago, and had to print it.
I Wonder what inspired the design

Its coming along nicely.
It could use a cable tunnel for the motor wires, because of you accidently pull them out, Its going to be a pain to get them back in...... It seems

I think I will stack a few parts together in the slicer if I print another...Im not really using the full capacity of the Tevo Little Monster Delta
Oct 13, 2019, 10:41 PM
FPVObession
Has anyone managed to put a flight controller and FPV gear in one of these?
Oct 14, 2019, 06:09 PM
3D Printing Maniac
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgilman099 View Post
I put the new DJI Digital HD setup in one, flew around great and was a lot of fun. Never bothered with a flight controller yet though. There is a ton of room. Basically the hole nose section is hollow, so you have a ton of room for electronics.
Oct 18, 2019, 11:55 PM
Printing my second one..
Think I'll use a SunnySky R2308 KV2600 … bit faster and lighter than the GForce I used the 1st time.
Oct 30, 2019, 05:55 PM
FPVObession
I am going to start one with INav, GPS, FPV....
Going to print on a CR10S.
Do you guys recommend PTEG over PLA?
Do you Cura or Simplify3D (I have both)?
Oct 31, 2019, 03:08 AM
Quote:
The beauty of the Pike design is that it works with any filament. It is so rigid that it does not flex with PETG. I made a PETG one and after that one burned down (do not use the recomended setup or if you do dont fly it hard) an ABS one wich is still flying.
Oct 31, 2019, 04:27 PM
HZ Super Cub
What do you recommend for a power system Thoemse?
Oct 31, 2019, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Ive got a gimbal camera up front, with Pixhawk, Rockblock Sat comms, Landing gear almost done in a 72" scaled version almost done.
Oct 31, 2019, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Ive got a gimbal camera up front, with Pixhawk, Rockblock Sat comms, Landing gear almost done in a 72" scaled version almost done.
Nov 01, 2019, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo007 View Post
Wow...just wow! 72” scaled version WITH landing gear (retracts?)

Can’t wait to see that fly!!
Nov 01, 2019, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazungas View Post
Wow...just wow! 72” scaled version WITH landing gear (retracts?)

Can’t wait to see that fly!!
at the moment its fixed, until i find the proper set of retractables for the size of the wing.

Quick Reply