Sep 02, 2019, 02:03 PM
Click on the links.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2019, 05:15 PM
Let me upload the images
Sep 02, 2019, 05:20 PM
As far as leaking, look at Ralph's photo, you can see the o-ring turn to a dark black line where it is pushing against the tube. Does your o-rings have a dark line all the way around? If not, wrap your channel with teflon pipe thread tape, go 4-6 times around. Put o-ring back on and test.
If you are still leaking with a good seal, then it is your channel or other area of endcap. If you 3D printed it, it may need to be sealed.
Sep 02, 2019, 05:24 PM
Thanks, Tom for making the photos show up.

The black line shows up because the o-ring is wet with water when I test fit.
If I forget to wet the o-ring, it can roll up and out of the groove causing the cap to not fit. 9o-ring gets pinched outside the groove)
A little water helps a lot.

Later when going to the lake, I use silicone grease on the o-rings.
Last edited by Cliff Hanger; Sep 04, 2019 at 09:52 AM.
Sep 03, 2019, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Hanger
Thanks, TOm for making the photos show up.

The black line shows up because the o-ring is wet with water when I test fit.
You're welcome my friend. The line either because of the use of water or silicon shows the contact being made against the cylinder.
Here is one that shows poor contact and was a source of a leak in my sub. The black contact line (near the vent) does not touch the cylinder and the fix was to disassemble and wrap the channel several times with teflon tape. Then re-installed the o-ring and bulkhead (using silicon as a lube). That pushed the o-ring out enough to make a good seal all the way around.
Sep 04, 2019, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchalfant
As far as leaking, look at Ralph's photo, you can see the o-ring turn to a dark black line where it is pushing against the tube. Does your o-rings have a dark line all the way around? If not, wrap your channel with teflon pipe thread tape, go 4-6 times around. Put o-ring back on and test.
If you are still leaking with a good seal, then it is your channel or other area of endcap. If you 3D printed it, it may need to be sealed.
Thanks!
I have taken a closer look at the tracks and see that they are tapered, today I will turn the tracks so they become straight and hope an O ring fits.
Sep 04, 2019, 01:12 AM

Rack

Where can I order racks (Type Robbe U47)?
Wikinger Modellbau has closed for rebuilding.
Are there more places I can order?
Should fit in 75mm Tubes.
Sep 04, 2019, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Let me upload the images
Thanks
I will do this today.
Sep 04, 2019, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptun
Where can I order racks (Type Robbe U47)?
Wikinger Modellbau has closed for rebuilding.
Are there more places I can order?
Should fit in 75mm Tubes.
Now I have talked to Modellbau Wikinger after tips from my friend.
Sep 04, 2019, 08:42 AM
Now I have turned the grooves and it fits well with the O rings, I have tried and it holds tight against water.
Sep 04, 2019, 08:57 AM
Very little material to glue to the back of the tube. How did you do? Does it hold? Is it stable?
Sep 06, 2019, 11:59 AM

Rudder

Hi
How have you designed and built your X rudders? Anyone have pictures?
Sep 06, 2019, 02:08 PM
These photos are from my Walrus build. The important part is making sure the control horns on the rudders are paired correctly.
Sep 07, 2019, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the pictures....
Sep 08, 2019, 02:49 PM

Rudder Axle dimensions

Quote:
These photos are from my Walrus build. The important part is making sure the control horns on the rudders are paired correctly.
What do you recommend for the rudder shaft dimensions? 2mm?

Quick Reply