Thread Tools
Jul 24, 2018, 10:12 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
It is assumed the context of this thread is...based on the content of this thread.
How so? When did that rule get enacted?
Last edited by wrightme; Jul 25, 2018 at 09:11 AM.
Jul 24, 2018, 10:12 PM
Registered User
Peacemakr40's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Barrow
Most guys do not attack someone for yelling at their Wife/Girlfriend. Is that what you would do, attack him? Maybe you should rethink your actions in the future.
If I have some unknown idiot yelling at my wife who's sitting in our car, there's a very high likelihood I will shoot to stop the threat. That's provided she didn't shoot him first. Talking? I don't have a problem, if it escalates to yelling at close range, I have no idea if a gun, club or boxcutters coming out. That's enough of a posed threat that it would be met with lethal force. I will not bury my wife because I wanted to give a guy the benefit of a doubt that he wasn't dangerous.
Jul 24, 2018, 10:13 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopfox
Seems like the deceased's wife was the one that was suddenly attacked.
Can you share any evidence of any attack upon the wife of the deceased?
Jul 24, 2018, 10:15 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufcut
The eyewitnesses say (the thug) was screaming at the woman in the car (girlfriend).
He did what most guys are going to do.
Really? Where do you get that 'most guys' would choose to get physically violent over words from another?
Jul 24, 2018, 10:15 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufcut
So, not unprovoked. Your premise is BS.
Yes, unprovoked. At no point did the husband receive provocation.
Jul 24, 2018, 10:16 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by electroman7
I challenge you to walk into a shopping mall anywhere and start yelling at other men's wives/ girlfriends. If you think that you won't be challenged for it, you will soon find out that you are horribly wrong. And then if you kill someone for protecting his loved ones, you will soon find out how very wrong you are and will soon become another one of Bubba's girlfriends.
Goalpost move.
Jul 24, 2018, 10:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Barrow
Does the OP think the guy should have waited until the thug physically assaulted him a second time? He was in fear for his life after being suddenly attacked without provocation.
With out provocation ?
What would you do if you came out and some guy is screaming at your wife sitting in the car ?

That was murder, and it will put the thug in jail .
If he thought they parked illegally , he should have called the cops. Wrote down their lp.
Jul 24, 2018, 10:18 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacemakr40
If I have some unknown idiot yelling at my wife who's sitting in our car, there's a very high likelihood I will shoot to stop the threat. That's provided she didn't shoot him first. Talking? I don't have a problem, if it escalates to yelling at close range, I have no idea if a gun, club or boxcutters coming out. That's enough of a posed threat that it would be met with lethal force. I will not bury my wife because I wanted to give a guy the benefit of a doubt that he wasn't dangerous.
If you would choose that course of action, you should expect to be arrested, charged, tried, and convicted. Seeing someone yelling at another, would not be justification for employment of deadly force in any jurisdiction that I have read statute for.
Jul 24, 2018, 10:19 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot
With out provocation ?
What would you do if you came out and some guy is screaming at your wife sitting in the car ?

That was murder, and it will put the thug in jail .
If he thought they parked illegally , he should have called the cops. Wrote down their lp.
At present, it hasn't even put the shooter under arrest.

At present, the only actual thug, is dead.
Jul 25, 2018, 08:05 AM
Registered User
TheHud's Avatar
My initial problem with the entire situation is that, as a person who takes on the responsibility of carrying a firearm for personal protection, my first responsibility is to AVOID situations where use of force may be needed. Does that mean I don't live my life? No. It means that I don't go looking for trouble or confrontations.

In this situation, being physically disabled myself (I don't have a placard, there are people that need them a lot worse than I do) if I had a problem with someone parking there illegally I would have called the police, given them the plate number, filmed it on my phone and MAYBE blocked them in with my vehicle until police arrived. I would not have started a verbal argument which can too easily escalate into a physical confrontation.

The woman should not have parked there.
As a firearm carrier the shooter should not have started an argument.
The fiancÚ should not have shoved him for a verbal tirade.
Unfortunately the man on the ground was worked up, saw the fiancÚ as a continuing threat (adrenaline likely had an effect on his perception at that point) and fired on him.

Bad decisions by everyone involved and completely avoidable by acting responsibly.
Jul 25, 2018, 08:45 AM
Registered User
So, does the content of ones speech either grant or remove their right to defend themselves? You can say whatever you want, but if you say certain things, you can no longer defend yourself from being attacked?

If the car had a Pro Trump bumper sticker, and the person doing the yelling was a Hillary supporter, I mean a concerned citizen, this would be a good shoot right? Are we not being encouraged to shout down Trumpies and confront them when they go out to eat? If another Trumpie, knocks you on your back side, while to you shouting down the Trumpie, you still have the right to defend yourself, even though you started the whole incident by trying to shout down someone you disagree with. If someone is wearing a MAGA hat or t shirt... I absolutely am encouraged to shout them down, and take their hat. But, if they knock me to the ground I can defend myself... but only because you agree with the content of my speech.
Jul 25, 2018, 09:10 AM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Tarpon Shawn's Avatar
I agree with TheHud. When you are armed you avoid confrontation. Apparently this guy had a reputation for confronting people.
I don't agree this is a stand your ground case.
___________________

This is a case of idiots colliding.

Think about how damn lazy you have to be to park in a handicapped spot at a convenience store. Seriously, convenience store parking lots are small. I knew a guy in a wheelchair who carried an ice pick. If you parked in a space illegally he jabbed your car a few times. I'd prefer to equip all cars with an explosive device and if your car is parked in a handicapped space illegally it explodes.
Jul 25, 2018, 09:30 AM
Registered User
Trouble makers parking in the space. Then starts a fight. HUGE guy is POed attacks to get his way again in all likelihood.
BANG dead bully.
Jul 25, 2018, 09:36 AM
Government is a fearful master
electroman7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
Goalpost move.
How so?
Jul 25, 2018, 09:39 AM
Seriously?
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Moral of this story is mind your own business. It's not worth a life over a parking space.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fla. Shooting- Stand Your Ground in action Aaron 1 Life, The Universe, and Politics 78 Aug 26, 2019 12:52 AM
Discussion Florida killings increase after passage of 'stand your ground' gun law, study says rockyboy2 Life, The Universe, and Politics 95 Nov 30, 2016 05:17 AM
Alert Stand Your Ground! Deadstick 8409 Life, The Universe, and Politics 86 Nov 02, 2015 12:09 PM
Discussion Support for Florida Stand Your Ground Law madsci_guy Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 Feb 22, 2013 03:35 PM
Discussion Castle Doctrine vs. Stand Your Ground lymon Life, The Universe, and Politics 57 Apr 01, 2012 03:19 PM