Jul 23, 2018, 01:08 PM
Trader Rating: 133
AMA 72859 Build Baby, Build!
Thread OP
Careful!

I got Unclegeorged!

Well, I have placed a few successful orders with him. The most recent one went all down hill. I bought two of the spinners in his recent sales thread for which he offered to combine shipping. As his ads request, I gave him ALL the information in my paypal payment to place the order. Later that evening I asked him if I could add 2 more spinners to my order. Well, that's when all hell broke loose. A series of PM's went back and forth with him stating that I needed to pay for the first set of spinners....I already had. Then his replies went from referring to additional spinners to wheels....wheels, what wheels? I sent him a paypal payment for the additional 2 spinners with the same explicit instructions that he ALWAYS requests. Next morning he says the first 2 shipped and I would need to send an additional $4.50 for shipping on the second 2. I made very sure through several PM's that we were on the same page with the second purchase before I would send him the shipping funds. His last reply confirmed that we were both on the same page. (apparently, we weren't reading the same book!)

I received the first 2 spinners within 3 days of payment. 10 days have passed since I paid for my second order and as of today and I have yet to receive my second order of spinners. I PM'ed him this morning and he replied stating "I'm sorry I don't have the other spinner you wanted and refunded you your $25.90 payment....which he did, but not the $4.50 in shipping.

If you order something from him, do not try to add anything or make any type of changes to your order....he just can't keep his buyers straight and will screw it up completely.

I guess this is more of frustration on my part, since I placed an overseas order from Sarik Hobbies for some items and could have added these spinners to that order if I knew he would fail. I've given him nothing but good ratings before. If he is going to continue to market his items here, I think he needs to get someone to help him keep his business straight.
Last edited by ww2collector; Jul 23, 2018 at 01:21 PM. Reason: added add
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2018, 01:31 PM
Trader Rating: 115
Totally Agree with this above , I know he has a Huge Warehouse in Chicago if Im not Mistaken.. Mass Confusion Started with My first Purchase , The Guy has Great sales But I think he Needs Help in Keeping his Orders Straight because hes Not doing Very Good By Himself No Pun Intended.....
Jul 23, 2018, 01:48 PM
Trader Rating: 143
Build a scale plane already!!!
LOL,, I almost took a chance and ordered a set of retracts he was selling last week,, just couldn't force myself to pull the trigger on a $190 crap shoot
Jul 23, 2018, 01:53 PM
Trader Rating: 262
Happy Flying
He likes to make people cry Uncle!
Jul 23, 2018, 01:54 PM
Thread OP
Hey....all the stuff I have bought from him so far have been great deals. Getting him to figure out who paid for what is the hard part. As a buyer, you can give him all the information he requests, but he still can't keep it straight. I found it necessary to file a paypal dispute for the shipping he didn't refund, simply because I don't think he will figure it out despite my PM's to him about the additional refund he owes me. Aaaaaaaagh!
Jul 23, 2018, 02:50 PM
Trader Rating: 137
Bellanca Kruesair
Meantime, my retracts, wheels,oleo struts and At-6 spinner are all safely tucked away in their boxes.... ....Thanks, Unk.
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Jul 23, 2018, 02:59 PM
Trader Rating: 177
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
I only have had One deal with the insurance salesman, and it also was not a fun thing. I just scroll past him now. He has nothing I can't live without.
Jul 23, 2018, 03:06 PM
Trader Rating: 9
Seems about as bad as a trader can get. Traders are supposed to have what they sell. They're not supposed to be drop shippers using RCG classifieds, and/or trying to sell items they don't have on hand. Totally misleading to the buyers.
Jul 23, 2018, 03:19 PM
Trader Rating: 233
Old newb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. foambuilder
I only have had One deal with the insurance salesman, and it also was not a fun thing. I just scroll past him now. He has nothing I can't live without.
DITTO.

Sadly.

In my case, the heavy items broke the box and what I received was hence useless.

OMG, what drama that ended up being.

BUT, he sure can sell. You can look up the One Trick Pony if you like.....you will see LOTS of life insurance companies you can get policies from!
Jul 23, 2018, 03:23 PM
Trader Rating: 233
Old newb
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiArf
Seems about as bad as a trader can get. Traders are supposed to have what they sell. They're not supposed to be drop shippers using RCG classifieds, and/or trying to sell items they don't have on hand. Totally misleading to the buyers.
Ha ha ha.....

Wonder what suspended user used to do that?

In defense of UG, I think he simply can not complete the process due to issues beyond our control.

He thinks he has the stuff or had and now has issues locating it, and then actually getting it packed and shipped.

It is a salesman thing. He sold it. Mission accomplished. Next.
Jul 23, 2018, 04:10 PM
Trader Rating: 76
KV4PL, FAA 107 Certified
He's had things I wanted at a good price before, but his less than stellar reputation made me steer clear, besides he might not update his tracking
Jul 23, 2018, 06:24 PM
Thread OP
Here's the answer I just got back from him as to why I didn't get my second set of spinners that I paid for 10 days ago...…

"Re: 2nd spinner order not received

I sold the entire lot of spinners to a Hobby Shop in Orlando. It will be several weeks before is has all type and sizes sorted out.
I had a chance to move them all out at the same time and I took it.
Uncle George "

I don't care how many good boxes of parts I have tucked away from him.... you don't take a buyer's funds and 10 days later the only reason you get them back is because you complain looking for your parts! I can't believe this was his reply to me! That's just poor business. The thing that angers me is that I made this purchase arrangement with him via multiple communications! I hope he doesn't sell an insurance policy to someone, then 10 days later they try to file a claim and he merely says " I sold your policy to another person...you have no coverage"!

I guess "below the hard deck" doesn't count.

obey the rules of engagement (1 min 26 sec)
Last edited by ww2collector; Jul 23, 2018 at 06:36 PM. Reason: add
Jul 23, 2018, 06:30 PM
Trader Rating: 3
Old new guy
Thanks, I always appreciate knowing who to avoid.
Jul 23, 2018, 07:04 PM
Trader Rating: 143
Build a scale plane already!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ww2collector
Here's the answer I just got back from him as to why I didn't get my second set of spinners that I paid for 10 days ago...

"Re: 2nd spinner order not received

I sold the entire lot of spinners to a Hobby Shop in Orlando. It will be several weeks before is has all type and sizes sorted out.
I had a chance to move them all out at the same time and I took it.
Uncle George "

I don't care how many good boxes of parts I have tucked away from him.... you don't take a buyer's funds and 10 days later the only reason you get them back is because you complain looking for your parts! I can't believe this was his reply to me! That's just poor business. The thing that angers me is that I made this purchase arrangement with him via multiple communications! I hope he doesn't sell an insurance policy to someone, then 10 days later they try to file a claim and he merely says " I sold your policy to another person...you have no coverage"!

I guess "below the hard deck" doesn't count.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1oxR_ShmYE
Like other select users on this board he deals with us fellow hobbyists here, not like fellow hobbyist but just a source of money,, anything for a dollar seems to be his only ethic,, that's been clear for years,

I remember reading something about "the love of money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,", Juss sayin
Jul 23, 2018, 07:24 PM
Thread OP
When the words "I'm sorry" or "I apologize" don't show up in the reply, you pretty much know the caliber of the person you are dealing with.

Quick Reply