Aug 10, 2018, 07:52 AM
Low budget fun
5 Wires servo and no ball bearing as standard are a bit disappointing.
But at this price I'm not complaining.

Looks like it's a bit shorter than Losi but this will make it a bit nippier.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2018, 10:39 AM
Are the whells compatible?
o need some.
Aug 10, 2018, 01:03 PM
Yes I agree, the 5 wire servo is disappointing. While it's a relatively simply fix by buying a $6 20a brushed esc and then using your own radio system and standard micro servo (if it fits), you are basically buying a roller now if you go that route.
Aug 11, 2018, 05:26 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Someone already spotted this video?

1:32 RC mini hobby Truck full scale racing high speed car (1 min 6 sec)

It's still more a commercial, but it does show some moves it seems to be capable of.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Aug 13, 2018, 01:12 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Hoping to have mine next week. Looks like they will be perfect for a second class for our friends, and family racing club this winter.
Aug 13, 2018, 05:38 PM
ultra cheap pilot
I'm waiting until i have my utility bills and stuff calculated, then balance will buy this its bitsy losi clone.
Aug 14, 2018, 07:18 PM
I have one tamiya M04L and one M05 for sale.
If I sell any of them I'll buy one too.
Just like fastmax I want it for my brother and friends.
Aug 14, 2018, 10:19 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
I expect that many of us here will be thoroughly enjoying these little rigs a whole lot this upcoming winter
Aug 21, 2018, 05:16 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Mine should be here any day now. I can't wait!
Aug 23, 2018, 07:49 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Sup fastmax? Any news on your stuff? Eagerly checking out the losi clone.
Aug 24, 2018, 08:39 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
No update yet, but according to tracking it should be here any day. I'm pacing the floor awaiting its arrival
Aug 24, 2018, 09:45 AM
If someone find spare parts, please let me know
Aug 24, 2018, 11:55 AM
I have the SCT and the Stadium Truck. Wanted the Buggy, but it's listed wrong on the BG website, saying B version is the SCT, but the S is the SCT.

The transmitters look and feel a lot like the Micro HPI, except the transmitter can't charge the car batteries.

First inpressions, the servo saver is very loose, might need tightening. And on the SCT the wheels can hit the wheel openings. Some trimming might be required to fix this.

So far it looks a lot like a 2.4 GHz clone of the Losi Micro T and Desert Truck, but not as fast, and with some rough edges. Will report back when I had a closer look.
Aug 25, 2018, 03:24 PM
Servo saver can be set more tightly, so that issue can be resolved. It does take some wrenching to get the servo out. The plastic seems good quality, the screws catch the threads well, if you remember to rotate CCW when putting the screw back in, till it "falls" into the already cut thread.

Wheels aren't always 100%, there is some wobble. On the bright side, the wheels are fixed with nuts, instead of the infamous clips on the original Micro T.

The steering is proportional, but it's also very direct, so turns end up very tight, making it harder to make wider turns.

Trimming the body a little fixed the issue of the wheels hitting the body.
Aug 25, 2018, 03:29 PM
I got my SCT version yesterday. I also have the body rub issue. The body is also attached with two posts, so there is a lot of play and floppiness.

The electronics on my are awful and seem like 16 steps proportional. This completely screws up the steering trim because there is like 4 steps. The steering also does not reliably center, but I don't know if the servo or the servo saver is the issue. Mines is pretty much not drivable with the stock electronics.

Turning radius is nice and tight, I can easily u turn in a narrow hallway.

I plan on converting mines to wltoys 1/28 electronics and 2s. Hopefully the motor doesn't burn out.

Quick Reply