Aug 24, 2019, 11:48 AM
Yeah, It's ok if it will work for a long time. Now I found some brass solution like that
https://www.ebay.com/itm/0-5M50T-3-1...qpTT85_-kaCDeA
If I'am not mistaken, the module of 832's gears is 0,5. If it is, It may be converted to spur gear (50T), if it get stripped. There are some other gears, which can be adapted for 832's gearbox
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2019, 06:10 PM

servo

I have read several reviews that the servo on the lt832 is not smooth but somewhat stepped when turning. I have ordered a lt832 but it has not arrived yet. My question is does anyone know if it is the electronics or the servo causing this issue. I have some 5 wire micro T servos I could swap into the lt832 but I am curious to know if this fixes this issue or it is actually the ESC/receiver board causing the problem.. appreciate any info..
Sep 11, 2019, 03:16 PM

Steering Reversed

I have just received one of the buggies for my daughter and found the steering is backwards!
What options do I have on this 5 wire servo to reverse it? If I can't do anything with the car I might try and reverse something in the controller.

Update: I couldn't easily figure out the servo wiring order, so I simply swapped the radio's steering outer potentiometer wires over and we now have normal steering!

Impressed with this little car so far. Planning on setting up an indoor micro buggy track for my daughter to practice on (she's started coming down the local RC car club with me) and for myself to have a bit of fun. Wanted something super cheap which can be driven in a tight space over obstacles - this fits the bill well; perfect speed for indoors on stock battery, good levels of grip, good handling.
Planning on going swappable 1s batts for this. Also going to make some different steering rods to calm down the steering throws - hoping this will be good enough to overcome the crazy amount of built in expo, without having to spend money and time on a new servo, rx and controller!
Last edited by rcdesigns; Sep 11, 2019 at 05:14 PM.
Sep 11, 2019, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdesigns
I have just received one of the buggies for my daughter and found the steering is backwards!
What options do I have on this 5 wire servo to reverse it? If I can't do anything with the car I might try and reverse something in the controller.

Update: I couldn't easily figure out the servo wiring order, so I simply swapped the radio's steering outer potentiometer wires over and we now have normal steering!

Impressed with this little car so far. Planning on setting up an indoor micro buggy track for my daughter to practice on (she's started coming down the local RC car club with me) and for myself to have a bit of fun. Wanted something super cheap which can be driven in a tight space over obstacles - this fits the bill well; perfect speed for indoors on stock battery, good levels of grip, good handling.
Planning on going swappable 1s batts for this. Also going to make some different steering rods to calm down the steering throws - hoping this will be good enough to overcome the crazy amount of built in expo, without having to spend money and time on a new servo, rx and controller!
Make sure you check the polarity on whatever batteries you get BEFORE you plug it in. The lt832 has opposite polarity than the old micro t type batteries and you may need to reverse the battery wires...
Sep 12, 2019, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I have lots of different lipos from the helis and micro quads. I'll check polarity before connecting up - I'll probably be swapping the connector to something else anyway.
Now thinking that printing a larger wheel for the controller will help to give more steering resolution.
Sep 12, 2019, 12:11 PM

1s and bigger steering wheel

Tonight I fitted a 1s cell and a bigger steering wheel. Absolutely love this thing. I'm usually a stick guy, but a little practice and the sensitive steering is fully controllable, even in the house.
1s speed is similar to stock NiMH and perfect for my house, but much longer run time.
Sep 12, 2019, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up. I have lots of different lipos from the helis and micro quads. I'll check polarity before connecting up - I'll probably be swapping the connector to something else anyway.
Now thinking that printing a larger wheel for the controller will help to give more steering resolution.
Honestly I don't think that will help. The steering on the lt832 appears to move in incremental steps rather than a smooth gentle rotation. I compared the steering movement to a losi micro T and it is like night and day. No matter how slow you move the steering on the 832 it seems to jump to the next increment and then suddenly full throw. Not smooth at all. I already had an old controller and receiver so I just purchased a 9 dollar esc with reverse and a 6 dollar servo now it performs better than the micro T due to the 2.4GHZ range. Precise steering and control. Great little buggy, hope it stays around for a while and parts become available.
Last edited by new rc heli; Sep 12, 2019 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spell
Sep 12, 2019, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Tonight I fitted a 1s cell and a bigger steering wheel. Absolutely love this thing. I'm usually a stick guy, but a little practice and the sensitive steering is fully controllable, even in the house.
1s speed is similar to stock NiMH and perfect for my house, but much longer run time.
Nice!!! Glad the larger wheel helped, good to know. 1S lipo is the way to go for these buggies, especially indoors. That is all I ever used in my Micro T's. A 2S lipo is only good for ...............the need for speed outdoors
Sep 12, 2019, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by new rc heli
Nice!!! Glad the larger wheel helped, good to know. 1S lipo is the way to go for these buggies, especially indoors. That is all I ever used in my Micro T's. A 2S lipo is only good for ...............the need for speed outdoors
For going fast outdoors I'd just use a bigger buggy! No idea why people insist on overpowering these things. The only purpose of a buggy this small is to use in a tight space - at a sensible speed.
The larger wheel has helped - it's manageable and not spoiling the fun. I may even fit some stronger springs in the controller. I'm sure there's plenty of room for improvement though...
Sep 12, 2019, 07:37 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Quote:
For going fast outdoors I'd just use a bigger buggy! No idea why people insist on overpowering these things. The only purpose of a buggy this small is to use in a tight space - at a sensible speed.
The larger wheel has helped - it's manageable and not spoiling the fun. I may even fit some stronger springs in the controller. I'm sure there's plenty of room for improvement though...
I have to tune down the speed to 40% when i drive indoor on my custom build track since i',m on 2s lipo but very handy at 100% at skate park. If you put some improvement 'electronically' on LT832 it will grow well with your hobby. I'm building my 5th LT832.

Video (40% throttle speed trim):
DIY home made budget R/C track for micro racer LT832 & Losi Micro-T (4 min 42 sec)
Sep 13, 2019, 01:33 AM
If we're still using it in a couple of months I might upgrade it, but stock with a few mods, it gets the job done.

I think I'll steal your idea using rope to form a track layout. I think you need more jumps on your track I may push a video out myself to show how one of these can go around a track in almost stock form
Sep 13, 2019, 06:03 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Quote:
If we're still using it in a couple of months I might upgrade it, but stock with a few mods, it gets the job done.

I think I'll steal your idea using rope to form a track layout. I think you need more jumps on your track I may push a video out myself to show how one of these can go around a track in almost stock form
You're welcome to steal the track ideas. I can't put extra jumps because the track length is too short but that's default side of my outdoor corridor.
Hope to see you make a cool track for you and your daughter to enjoy driving the lt832 around.
Sep 14, 2019, 03:40 PM

More free mods to stock car

Ok, for anyone thinking of buying one of these, I've now got it driving really well.

As well as the larger steering wheel, which is just a 10th scale touring car wheel pushed over the original, and the 1s batt, I added a loom band around the controller's steering spring to stiffen it up and fabricated a new steering rod with a slightly longer hole spacing. The longer rod mechanically trims the car (quite important with this controller - using trim causes a number of issues) and also adds a little front toe-in to make the steering less aggressive. Finally, stiffening the front shocks slightly seems a little better all round.
To me it drives great and I'm coming from 35 years using sticks only.
Last edited by rcdesigns; Sep 15, 2019 at 05:18 AM.
Sep 15, 2019, 12:37 PM

Steering rates mod!

Hopefully this is the last mod!
My daughter was still finding the car a little lively, so I managed to turn down the steering in the controller.
By fitting a resistor in series with the steering Vs line, you can turn down the steering throws.
Ideally you'd fit a potentiometer for tunable dual rates, but I didn't have anything suitable to hand. With experimentation I found 7.5k about right.
Sep 16, 2019, 06:07 AM

Simple track to test out LapTrax timing

Just a quick, simple track to test out the LapTrax Android lap timer.

Still trying to get the hang of a steering wheel controller!

JJRC LT832B Indoor micro buggy track with LapTrax Timing (0 min 16 sec)

Quick Reply