Mar 05, 2006, 03:49 AM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
Thread OP

And a few comments

After re-reading some of the comments about the wing shape - the pointy LE in particular all I can say that this plane flys excellent. It however does not fly fast and I rarely take it up if the wind is blowing over 5mph just to be safe.

As far as stalling, if it does it simply drops its nose. It does not spin or do anything wierd.

With as much dihedral and rear tail feather area as I have it turns like it has ailerons!

WHAT WOULD I CHANGE ?:

1) I would make ailerons in the outer panels, not particularly for turning, but wing leveling with my FMA co-pilot.

2) Possibly make the outer wing panels tapered, but longer to make up for any lost sq. inches.

3) Make the wing a little thinner - like maybe 1.25" thick.

4) Develop a screw on system for the wing to boom joints. Rubber bands are good for crashing... but I don't crash this very often and I'd prefer a sturdier rig.

5) Develop a steerable rear tail wheel set-up.

6) Add a bit of carbon ribbon to the spar of the outer panels (the inner pannel has carbon ribbon sandwiched in the foam spar)... just for piece of mind if I really want to load the plane up.

All this said, for a first prototype "Dragon" it kicks butt and has exceeded all my expectations to be sure.

CJS
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply