This thread is privately moderated by nigelsheffield, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 21, 2018, 09:48 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

beecore lite FC with silverware from xt-xinte review

This is yet another offering for a cheap FC with silverware on it,
This one has reciever built in as usual but what sets it apart from others before it is the fets for the motors are updated with higher current draw and lower resistance which in theory should give more power..
In my test flights I certainly did notice a bit more power so the fets do seem to be making a difference.
The price is good too at $6.52.

Get it here from https://m.xt-xinte.com/BEECORE-Lite-...r-p527586.html
Use this name ( mention it somewhere I guess ? ) nigelsheffield123 to get $5 credit and they also promise to send me gifts for review if people do that.
Check out the xt-xinte sight for lots of other good deals for drones.

First up I will put a flight video made with a boldclash b03 whoop with this FC in, this is flown in acro mode with an akk bs2 camera stuck on with elastic bands lol.

Silverised Brushed franken whoop is crazy fast....again!! (4 min 9 sec)

beecore lite FC with silverware from xt-xinte (3 min 15 sec)

Silverised Brushed franken whoop is crazy fast....garden flight !!! (4 min 13 sec)

A few pictures of the FC as it comes.

Name: IMG_20180715_150244.jpg
Views: 151
Size: 1.22 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20180715_150511.jpg
Views: 168
Size: 1.35 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20180715_150538.jpg
Views: 175
Size: 1.34 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20180715_150807.jpg
Views: 138
Size: 1.39 MB
Description:

To fly it you will need a multiprotocol transmitter which supports bayang protocol and there are lots of options out there for that now.
I used frsky taranis and a DIY multiprotocol module which gives superb control.

Fitting it is child's play, motors just plug in , the only soldering needed was the camera power wires and battery wires which were very easy to solder to.
Then just turn on the tx and power up the quad, set transmitter to bind and LEDs stop flashing to indicate bind success , to get to acro you move them right stick left left down, LEDs will flash and you are now in acro mode.

Flying was very smooth and powerful for such a small brushed model.
The only down sides are
1 the rates are not high enough to do acro flips quickly, it's possible to flip but you need plenty of height to recover.
2 the flashing pins for updating the firmware with the st linker v2 are not the big ones on the side but the smaller pads in the middle of the board.

Overall it's a very good board, well made and cheap and gives better power than previous boards on offer.

Thanks to xt-xinte for sending me the board for review.

Edit
Useful info for flashing pins if you want to upload new fw. https://community.micro-motor-wareho...are-fc/5820/25

How to get buzzer working. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3&postcount=91

hex file with my rates etc of NFE silverware for this board.
bwhoop
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Feb 22, 2019 at 04:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2018, 11:39 AM
Thanks Nigel,

Do you have to enable acro each flight? I am accustomed to using a switch. Also, do the same gestures turn acro off?

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
This is yet another offering for a cheap FC with silverware on it,
This one has reciever built in as usual but what sets it apart from others before it is the fets for the motors are updated with higher current draw and lower resistance which in theory should give more power..
In my test flights I certainly did notice a bit more power so the fets do seem to be making a difference.
The price is good too at $6.52.

Get it here from https://m.xt-xinte.com/BEECORE-Lite-...r-p527586.html
Check out the xt-xinte sight for lots of other good deals for drones.

First up I will put a flight video made with a boldclash b03 whoop with this FC in, this is flown in acro mode with an akk bs2 camera stuck on with elastic bands lol.

https://youtu.be/zpLtxOJ-3_k

A few pictures of the FC as it comes.

Attachment 11099279

Attachment 11099281

Attachment 11099282

Attachment 11099283

To fly it you will need a multiprotocol transmitter which supports bayang protocol and there are lots of options out there for that now.
I used frsky taranis and a DIY multiprotocol module which gives superb control.

Fitting it is child's play, motors just plug in , the only soldering needed was the camera power wires and battery wires which were very easy to solder to.
Then just turn on the tx and power up the quad, set transmitter to bind and LEDs stop flashing to indicate bind success , to get to acro you move them right stick left left down, LEDs will flash and you are now in acro mode.

Flying was very smooth and powerful for such a small brushed model.
The only down sides are
1 the rates are not high enough to do acro flips quickly, it's possible to flip but you need plenty of height to recover.
2 the flashing pins for updating the firmware with the st linker v2 are not the big ones on the side but the smaller pads in the middle of the board.

Overall it's a very good board, well made and cheap and gives better power than previous boards on offer.

Thanks to xt-xinte for sending me the board for review.
Jul 21, 2018, 11:58 AM
Thread OP
Yes you need to enable acro each flight, slightly annoying but soon got used to it.
The gesture to exit acro is right right down.
If you can flash the firmware you can set acro up on a switch if you want, you need a
St linker v2 and the tool chain for installing silverware set up on your PC, I can do it easily now but first time around is quite daunting.
Probably easier to just do the gesture to get into acro...
Latest blog entry: Eachine E160 3d helicopter
Jul 21, 2018, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the review Nigel. Do you know if racemode is included in the on board firmware? Also would it flash as a Bwhoop?
Jul 22, 2018, 02:38 AM
Thread OP
Race mode is not on there
It will flash as a standard b03 so can be updated to race mode etc
Aug 07, 2018, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
Race mode is not on there
It will flash as a standard b03 so can be updated to race mode etc
Did you leave the standard silverware on there or did you flash to a other version?

Myself and one other person seam to have problems with the range of the board, we dont know if that is firmware related, hardware related or just a bad board. i am thinking of adding a sbus receiver to see if that resolves the problem.
Aug 07, 2018, 07:23 AM
Thread OP
I left standard silverware on there and don't have any range problems, but I do know that adding a s.bus reciever like xm or xm+ increases range over the standard built in one, I tried it and it works a treat
It's worth noting that I use a home made nrf2401l tx module and not the one you can buy off the shelf and it gives more range.
Aug 22, 2018, 02:49 AM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Hi Nigel,

I came across one of these boards while I was actually looking over Xt-xinte US Ebay listings checking out the Crazybee F3 FC ESC brushless whoop kit. I thought I remembered you putting together one of those??, and was going to ask you about it. When I saw this, I thought of you again with all your cool home-made builds and other silverware whoop builds you've done to get your opinion on these . . . then I saw your other post on the BetaFPV Silverware board . . .which I didn't know about yet . . .

You mentioned, "what sets it apart from others before it is the fets for the motors are updated with higher current draw and lower resistance which in theory should give more power"

That may solve the occasional "get wild" moments with a couple of my bigger Whoop concoctions. I've been using the stock B03 boards and they actually work very well for both the 75mm and 85mm whoops, plus an oddball M80 frame and a Leiber Birdy . . . ??? . . . an 82mm/720motors setup, but with KK 720 motors, and now it flies nice and quick and handles the camera weight just fine . . . The 820s and 8520s . . . every once in about 4/5 flights as the battery starts winding down, the quad starts spazzing out. If I back off and just hover it gets a grip and I can slowly fly it home. The "extra" power may just solve that. Plus, the PIDs could be changed to match the larger frame better??? by somebody who knows how to do that magical stuff?? I think I'm about ready to try Acro now anyway . . . well, outside and with a whoop would probably be the safest for my surroundings health and well being. Xt-xinte has them now for $8 shipped, if you think they're good, that's good enough for me. I have complete sets of 820/75 and 8520/85 brand new just waiting for me to break them loose from their packages as well as some B03 frames and stock Pro and "Hot" motor sets . . .

I also saw you mentioned, "the only soldering needed was the camera power wires and battery wires which were very easy to solder too."
I can handle that . . . actually, have even done it a few times lately . . . haven't changed my mind about soldering though, and if I can't just plug the thing in . . . then why isn't there electrical connection "Super Glue" 1 drop can handle a gazillion volts . . . or up to a 6S . . .

My Jumper has been doing great, binding with all the old ones I've tried, and my new ones, Frsky and a Flysky, so it should be fine with these. You said it uses "Bayang protocol" so it sets up just like the B03? I see where it still is controlled by the stick "gestures." A new project to try and thanks for checking it out and letting us know what ya think.
Aug 22, 2018, 03:54 AM
Thread OP
Might help with your problem of power, the fets will defo handle more power..
It a standard setup the same as the b03.

I have built a few brushless whoops, 2 from boldclash parts and one from betafpv oh and one hb64 from hobbycool.
Outside these have an advantage over brushed for sure , inside it's a toss up, the extra power is good for flips etc but the smaller lighter brushed silverware handles better.

The price on the xinte board is very good.
Aug 24, 2018, 01:26 PM
"The price on the xinte board is very good."

This board is the same price that I got a bunch of stock B03 boards for from Ebay here in the states. The seller, yallstore, who I got my B06 from, has/had the B03 boards for $8 for a bit now.

I was looking about for this and that and stumbled upon the Eachine Whoop version f/c acro board on Banggood:

Eachine Turtlebee F3 Micro Brushed Flight Controller w/ RX OSD Flip Over for For Inductrix Tiny Whoop E010 - Frsky Compatible Receiver

From their list,

- Support ACRO/ Stable/ Horizon/ Air multi fly mode
- Built-in Betaflight OSD
- Built-in 2.4g receiver (Frsky/Flysky/DSM2 DSMX to choose)
- Built-in voltage and current detector alarm
- Dshot150 protocol ready, support Betaflight flip over when crashed.

You can get 4 of the Beecore/Silverware boards for the regular price Eachine Turtle board . . . only 3½ of them right now, it's on sale for $30 . . .

Somehow I just don't think the Eachine board is 4 times as good as the Beecore . . . but I could be wrong . . .
Aug 24, 2018, 02:18 PM
Thread OP
Depends on how much you feel the need for odd etc etc,
The beecore board is for silverware and not betaflight , to use brushless motors requires delicate soldering and changing fw but is doable,
For brushed nothing fly's better than silverware whoops ...
Sep 04, 2018, 03:14 PM
"to use brushless motors requires delicate soldering and changing fw but is doable,"

The Turtlebee is for brushed motors and does offer "Acro" mode, but at about 4 times the price of the Silverised Beecore board. I like the GUI interface of Betaflight for ease of assignments and actually seeing the changes made to any of the values on just about anything vs blindly changing things with the stick gestures and nothing to actually see what the values are changed to on the Silverised boards. I thought I did remember on the B03/Silverware thread where you guys said there was a way to see the Silverware setups printed out on screen, but still need the changes to be made with the stick gestures.

I ordered a couple of the Silverised Beecore boards, and still have a couple B03 boards I haven't used yet that I can also flash with Silverware, but want to see how "Acro" mode works and how fast I can get a grip on flying with it before I start changing over all of the B03 boards. Guess I've been flying in Angle mode long enough to want to get in trouble and start all over again with Acro . . . those slo-mo loops and rolls look so cool . . .

Somebody must love BEES . . . not me, I hate the critters . . . but I also ordered a Crazybee brushless f/c kit w/Happymodel 703 19000KV motors, but they just plug into the board like the B06 motors, so no soldering there either . . . just soldering to power up a camera . . . I am looking forward to a couple more builds and trying Acro flying, especially after all the comments from you all about how much better the Whoops fly (and they fly great now) with Silverised boards.

Just added . . . I ordered the boards from Xinte on Aug 23 . . . and got them today 9/4 in Ohio from China . . . regular shipping and here already !!! Came in a little plastic pack branded Happymodel 1160030 BeeCore Lite . . . Thanks Xinte !! I'm definitely going to put one together tonight . . . no inanimate object in my neighborhood is safe now . . .
Sep 04, 2018, 04:15 PM
Thread OP
Hope you like it !
I have been flying this outside in the garden quite a bit lately and it is pretty good outside too even in light winds.
Feels very locked in but I just wish they would up the rates to enable fast rolls and loops out of the box...
Like you say the nice thing about betaflight is the osd and setting everything up from there without needing a pc out in the field ...
There is also a version of silverware where you can see the pids on your Android phone which is pretty handy...arm another where it is displayed on the taranis screen but I haven't got that working yet...

I'm thinking I really need a brushless whoop with a silverised b03 inside and I might as well make it a 2s lipo 7.4v...
I just got one today and it is enormous fun but I still think it might be better with silverware so I have a 75mm frame for 1103 motors ready now just for that.
But for those interested here is the 65mm 2s whoop I got and one of its first flights but there will be a more because I really enjoy that power!!!

Betafpv beta65x 2s whoop initial flight test, acro garden and house. (2 min 56 sec)
Sep 05, 2018, 11:01 AM

Lag on 820 motor 1s

I've tried beecore lite from xt-xinte on 65mm whoop, motor 716, flashed with NFE silverware and works good ... better than E011.

Then i build 85mm whoop, motor 820 1s with beecore lite from xt-xinte, flashed with NFE silverware but not working good.
I'm experiencing lag on all sticks movement: Thr, Rud,Ele, Ail, after several seconds of flying.

Any ideas why it not work good on motor 820 1s ?

The eachine E011 board with the same firmware working good on 85mm
Last edited by gonedrone; Sep 05, 2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: add title
Sep 05, 2018, 11:45 AM
Thread OP
I notice a slight lag in performance once battery gets near the end of the flight might be to do with voltage sag?!?!

Quick Reply