Jul 21, 2018, 07:31 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Fla. Shooting- Stand Your Ground in action

A person parked illegally in a Handicapped space to go into a convenience store. A citizen took it upon his self to chastise another person in the car. The car owner exited the store, saw the argument and violently shoved the citizen causing him to fall. The Citizen then pulled a gun and killed the attacker .

Cops did not file charges because it was self defense. and refereed the case to the State Attorney.

Gun Permit was legal.

Looked to me like a vigilant at work . Race?

One has to be a bit nuts these days to get in a street argument .

Anther shooting - the Father of 2 kids at Parkland where another mass shooting took place was killed in his store during a robbery . Tyrone , the bad guy , left the store and then came back to kill the store owner . 19 years old killer.

Fate - A family of 11 stood in line at Branson to Ride the Ducks. They were transferred to another boat . The driver of that boat was black and so was the family. The driver and 9 of the family members were drowned in the capsized boat.

What a Country we have become.
Jul 21, 2018, 07:34 AM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron 1
Looked to me like a vigilant at work .
You saw the entire incident? You didn't even give a reference, should we just take your word for what actually happened?
Jul 21, 2018, 07:48 AM
Alarm Bells Softening!
State Attorney will determine if the self-defense was justified.

Tip o'the Day: Don't touch another person who complains about how you parked.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/gunman-par...ry?id=56715356

My wife was in a wheelchair for several months and I noticed how many apparently perfectly healthy persons used handicapped spaces, but never confronted them.
Jul 21, 2018, 07:53 AM
Quote:

Fate - A family of 11 stood in line at Branson to Ride the Ducks. They were transferred to another boat . The driver of that boat was black and so was the family. The driver and 9 of the family members were drowned in the capsized boat.
Not sure what race has to do with this horrific disaster. With a family of 11, the first thing I think of regarding the transfer to another boat is that the first boat did not have enough seats open for all of them when they got through the line so they chose to wait for the next available boat. This has happened with lots of things with my little family of 5. We choose to wait for the next available rather than be split up.

Not everything is about race. In fact, very few people actually care about the race of those they interact with.
Jul 21, 2018, 09:10 AM
Multirotor geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48

My wife was in a wheelchair for several months and I noticed how many apparently perfectly healthy persons used handicapped spaces, but never confronted them.
ADA is an unconstitutional law prima facie as it violates the 14th amendment "equal protection" clause.

Clyde
Jul 21, 2018, 10:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
You saw the entire incident? You didn't even give a reference, should we just take your word for what actually happened?
You question my veracity? Why? Slow say as usual? No fake news from me .
Last edited by Aaron 1; Jul 21, 2018 at 10:56 AM.
Jul 21, 2018, 10:51 AM
I personally Love how society has become internal doctors by sight. Some people use handicapped spots because they themselves may be handicapped OR their passengers are. I had taken my 87 YO mother in law over to JC Penny's because she wanted to do some shopping. I put up the placard and got out and started to walk in front of my van towards the passengers side. I had 1 person tell me that was a handicapped spot and 2 others claim I didn't "Look" handicapped to them. When I helped my MIL out I asked them if She looked <expletive> handicapped enough to them. They grumbled and walked away. We've become quite the sanctimonious society where it's seemingly incumbent that we involve ourselves in the affairs of others. This is one of those unintended consequences of "if you see something, say something".
Jul 21, 2018, 10:53 AM
For your own good.
Where is DLG???
Jul 21, 2018, 10:55 AM
Multirotor geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
Where is DLG???
Isn't he rather sickly??? Maybe something happened.

OH, just checked, he may be on a time out.

Clyde
Jul 21, 2018, 10:55 AM
Thread OP
Quote:

================================================== ================================================== ======
Very common every where . Especially at Goverment parking where they rarely have enough parking spots, Courts etc. The ticket guys know where the cherry patches are and hang put there. They really like Hospitals. In some cities you cannot wait in a spot even if you have a sticker . You have to leave the car once parked. Can't tell by looking if handicapped. on a lot of folks. If the car has a sticker I just assume its legal. This can be a very expensive ticket. I would like to see $500 for first offense. I think here it's about $100 but not policed ever. The Gov puts them where they are not needed and not where they are.
Jul 21, 2018, 11:07 AM
Earth girls are easy!
Quote:

Tip of the day... It's never right to shove someone to the ground. You don't have that right.
Latest blog entry: Jonesy's mausoleum
Jul 21, 2018, 11:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHud
Not sure what race has to do with this horrific disaster. With a family of 11, the first thing I think of regarding the transfer to another boat is that the first boat did not have enough seats open for all of them when they got through the line so they chose to wait for the next available boat. This has happened with lots of things with my little family of 5. We choose to wait for the next available rather than be split up.

Not everything is about race. In fact, very few people actually care about the race of those they interact with.
================================================== ================================================== ============
I agree . Makes no difference to me but the race card is played continually by lawyers. .
Waiting to see if this comes up by a lawyer. There was a reason for the shift as some one stopped to take a picture and the line was held up. The shop owner killed by a Black was probably Muslim by his name. The Handicapped shooter was white and goes free. . The dead guy was Black. Now in the media if the bad guy is white make they say white, if a minority they skip the race. Almost all mass shootings are by White Males . I can't figure this out.
Jul 21, 2018, 03:22 PM
RBW's sock puppet account.
Quote:
A person parked illegally in a Handicapped space to go into a convenience store. A citizen took it upon his self to chastise another person in the car. The car owner exited the store, saw the argument and violently shoved the citizen causing him to fall. The Citizen then pulled a gun and killed the attacker .

Cops did not file charges because it was self defense. and refereed the case to the State Attorney.

Gun Permit was legal.

Looked to me like a vigilant at work . Race?
I dont think he was at work, but in a neighborhood like that he was wise to be vigilant and carry concealed as the tape shows.
Jul 21, 2018, 03:26 PM
For your own good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor
Isn't he rather sickly??? Maybe something happened.

OH, just checked, he may be on a time out.

Clyde
Hope he is oK, time out is possible. This thread is right down his alley.
Jul 21, 2018, 03:37 PM
RBW's sock puppet account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacemakr40
I personally Love how society has become internal doctors by sight. Some people use handicapped spots because they themselves may be handicapped OR their passengers are. I had taken my 87 YO mother in law over to JC Penny's because she wanted to do some shopping. I put up the placard and got out and started to walk in front of my van towards the passengers side. I had 1 person tell me that was a handicapped spot and 2 others claim I didn't "Look" handicapped to them. When I helped my MIL out I asked them if She looked <expletive> handicapped enough to them. They grumbled and walked away. We've become quite the sanctimonious society where it's seemingly incumbent that we involve ourselves in the affairs of others. This is one of those unintended consequences of "if you see something, say something".
My late father inlaw broke his neck at 19, c5 c6 spinal intrusion so he was progressively getting worse over time.

We were going to a favored restaurant for his moms 70th birthday and found the handicapped spot filled with a lil two seat Mercedes with no HP placard or license. I went in to ask if it would be OK to offload him and his mom (Both with walkers) in front of the doors and then park the car elsewhere as I was the one driving driving.

A waitress overheard me asking this and went and told the guy who owned the car that he would have to move it and he about pitched a fit. He shortly realized the whole restaurant was watching him while two people hobbled in with walkers and had a pow wow at the front desk and abruptly left.

Turns out the guy was so embarrassed that he not only left (which wouldn't have been necessary had he not acted like a fool) but he filled out and signed one of the old timey credit card slips (this was in 86)with instructions to inform us that we could order whatever we chose and he was picking up the tab.

IIRC he was a local podiatrist and the restaurant had asked him previously to leave the spot open.

Quick Reply