Here's a shot my wife took of my Slow Stick at Sunset:
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2004, 10:31 PM
Got H2? Fuel Cell R/C Car
cool.
Dec 16, 2004, 10:37 PM
Electric Aviator

Very Nice

Very nice. You have inspired me to recruit my wife and her new 35 mm.
Dec 16, 2004, 10:39 PM
Great photo...slow sticks are a blast....
Dec 16, 2004, 11:24 PM
sweet picture kinda made me have to adjust my eyes as I am in a dark room and its bright

Kinda reminds me when I took some pictures of the sunset FROM my slowstick I'll post other if I find some worth posting. Actaully the first one is a sunrise
Dec 16, 2004, 11:46 PM
It's the last plane honey
Gorgeous pictures guys!

Kyle, any problems finding your SS in the dusk sky?

Andy
Dec 17, 2004, 12:13 AM
Andy: to be honest, the camera makes it look a lot darker then it really was... but still one time I was up and all I could see was the sillouette of the SS. VERY hard to land in the tight space I had to! sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack this thread, Sorry Jim
Dec 17, 2004, 10:05 AM
You sabotaged my plane.
Hey DesertJim,
Do you have a high resolution photo you could e-mail me? I'd love to use your photo as a desktop wallpaper on my computer.

Thanks,
Jim
Dec 17, 2004, 10:17 AM
Thread OP

Desktop image

Do you have a high resolution photo you could e-mail me? I'd love to use your photo as a desktop wallpaper on my computer.

Eliworm, sure, be happy to. I'm a bit new at this, but send me your email address (if it's already here somewhere I don't know where to look...).

Jim
Dec 17, 2004, 10:22 AM
Thread OP
Kyle G. Great sunset photos. I'm trying to figure out how to get a camera on my SS. Do you have any photo's that show how yours is attached and how to you trip the shutter? Thanks,
Jim
Dec 17, 2004, 11:08 AM
You sabotaged my plane.
Here is the e-mail Jim.

eliworm at yahoo dot com

Thanks,
Jim
Dec 17, 2004, 03:31 PM
Thanks Jim here is a picture of the camera mount. Sorry I couldn't put the cam in because, well, I'm using it for the picture but it sets inside the box and is held in by a little bolt that goes through the wood on the bottom into the camera. (there is a little treaded area for the bolt in the camera already) and you can see where it attached to the slow stick up top. A little U section is where is fits into the fuse and held on by the velcro you see. Works really well. Man the flash really emphesizes the imperfections
Dec 17, 2004, 11:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle G.
Thanks Jim here is a picture of the camera mount. Sorry I couldn't put the cam in because, well, I'm using it for the picture but it sets inside the box and is held in by a little bolt that goes through the wood on the bottom into the camera. (there is a little treaded area for the bolt in the camera already) and you can see where it attached to the slow stick up top. A little U section is where is fits into the fuse and held on by the velcro you see. Works really well. Man the flash really emphesizes the imperfections
Kyle, thanks for the photo. Looks like you have a "special" plunger to trip the shutter of the camera. Any chance of more info on it? Or a close up photo. I think I can make a similiar mount for mine. What kind of wood did you use?

Jim
Dec 17, 2004, 11:43 PM
O Jim, sorry forgot to mention how I tripped the shutter. Thats basicly just a servo, double sided taped onto the wood. And ziptied to prevent it from comin off. The tape just holds it in position. I'll get you a close up in a second. Woods used, was some FREE paint sturers (how do you spell that ) from home depo. I think. Either that or Ace hardware but I found them laying around the house. Also some scrap plywood, and chizzled firewoods was used. Chizzled firewood pieces when in the corners of the box for strength
Last edited by Kyle G.; Dec 17, 2004 at 11:49 PM.
Dec 18, 2004, 11:14 AM
You sabotaged my plane.
Makes a great desktop photo Jim. How do you like it?

Jim

Quick Reply