NEW Scorpion HKIV-40mm Series Motors!

Scorpion is one of the most trusted brands in heli power systems and they've been going strong for a long time. Their HKIII-40mm Series motors have been the gold standard for 500-700 class helis.

Splash

4th Generation Heli Motors from Scorpion

Scorpion is one of the most trusted brands in heli power systems and they've been going strong for a long time. Their HKIII-40mm Series motors have been the gold standard for 500-700 class helis since 2010, but now we have a new generation motor series that is even better than before.

The New 4th Gen HKIV-40mm Series Motors uses the same design and materials from the HKII-45 series motors. They have a single strand winding technique that provides better efficiency and power than the previous HKIII-40mm motors. There is a new EM field design and they are compatible with more speed controllers than ever before. Basically, they took one of the best motor series on the market and made them more powerful and more efficient! What more could you want?

These new HKIV-40mm motors come in three different sizes with multiple winds so you can select the perfect motor for your setup.

4020 Motors

• 860kv
  • 1060kv
  • 1320kv

4025 Motors

• 520kv
  • 850kv
  • 1100kv

4035 Motors

• 330kv
  • 450kv
  • 500kv
  • 560kv

Check out the NEW Scorpion HKIV-40mm Series Motors Here

Jul 19, 2018, 12:27 PM
Лайка - Герой Человечества.
Looking forward to picking one up for my rjx 700 build. Maybe also for my kasama dune kit.
Jul 20, 2018, 04:05 AM
4035 is actually more of a large 600 class motor by today's standards. I wish they were also updating the 45mm series.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Jul 20, 2018 at 04:15 AM.
Jul 20, 2018, 04:36 AM
CŠ bhfuil Mike agus Vik?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher
Looking forward to picking one up for my rjx 700 build. Maybe also for my kasama dune kit.
For reals? You got a dune? Grats, Vik!
Jul 20, 2018, 05:24 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull
I wish they were also updating the 45mm series.
They already have. This new series IV version of the 40 size motor brings the 40 motor into line with the updates already introduced to the HKII 45 series. It says this in the writup
It’s confusing that the series numbers for different sizes don’t match
Jul 20, 2018, 05:32 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Seriously?
Both are really nice helis I didnít even know the Dune was available anywhere anymore other than by direct order from Kasama

Or is this just you pulling our legs?
Jul 20, 2018, 08:57 AM
I apologise, it was a 'king phisher' attempt that didn't go as expected. I have neither. I liked the dune because of its unusualness and the vector because..oh I don't know

Back on motors, do you still have to oil the baerings every few flights? Do they still run s hot?
Jul 20, 2018, 10:15 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
The Scorpion recommendation is still there to oil the bearings but they use the same bearings as most other motors so there is no more need to do it than any other motor. Many don’t and have no issues.

They often do run quite hot but it’s not an issue
Jul 20, 2018, 04:11 PM
Unregistered night flyer
Am I the only one around here that thinks they should bring back they Hyperion blue/silver colour scheme? Dont get me wrong, black and gold is great. If you like black and gold.
Jul 20, 2018, 04:47 PM
I'm kinda digging pink or purple!
Jul 21, 2018, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
The Scorpion recommendation is still there to oil the bearings but they use the same bearings as most other motors so there is no more need to do it than any other motor. Many donít and have no issues.

They often do run quite hot but itís not an issue
I replaced the bearings in my 4540 with these:

http://www.anythingheli.com/ion-abec...corpion-hk-45/

Problem solved.
Jul 21, 2018, 05:52 PM
Life is short, buy the boat.
Quote:
I'm kinda digging pink or purple!
replace the gold with a dark-ish purple anodize.
Jul 21, 2018, 06:10 PM
The impact on sales will be huge! Not to mention the amount of girls it brings into the hobby!

Quick Reply