Jul 18, 2018, 10:21 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Quad sudden fast desent from 5 metres high

I wonder if any expert can cast an eye over my log and give me an opinion as to why my Quad decended from a hover at around 5 mtrs high.
I had flown a previous flight with no problems, my firmware version is 3.5.5 and I fly a home built quad on a pixhawk board ver 2, I think. So I had flown around quite high, then decended preparing to land. My Taranis has bat voltage telem and it had just warned bat down to 14.4v. This generally gives me time to come in a land, so I dropped down and was in hover when all 4 motors reduced speed and the quad decended quite rapidly to ground. It turned over and I am not sure if the gps head got knocked off its spigot, or maybe it just came off in flight, I don't know. So any help analizing the log will be appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2018, 07:57 AM
FA3PR9WM79
You log is only 12 seconds long and it is incomplete. There is no voltage or current data, here is no RCOUT data so looking at motor signals is not available, battery failsafe is not configured properly, and a whole host of other problems..

Quick Reply