Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

300W 25A Slim 12V Power Supply

RaceDayQuads has a nice looking 300W power supply available. It's compact and plug and play for chargers that use XT60 connectors for input power like iSDT chargers

Splash

Plug and Play Power

RaceDayQuads has a nice looking 300W power supply available. It's compact and plug and play for chargers that use XT60 connectors for input power like iSDT chargers. Of course you could always replace the XT60 with a connector of your choice to power anything that needs a 12V source. It can put out 300W of power at 12V at a maximum of 25A. That should cover the majority of your charging needs.

The power supply size is listed at 230x64x35mm, it has overload protection, overtemp protection, short protection and best of all, carries a 3 year manufacturer warranty. The price is $39.99, so if you are in need of an affordable compact power supply for your chargers, you'll want to check this one out.

See the 300W 25A Slim 12V Power Supply Here

Jul 16, 2018, 09:38 AM
this looks really nice but I wish it had a actual on off switch not the plug.
Jul 16, 2018, 02:30 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Yeah looks good!
Latest blog entry: Flying Log Book
Jul 16, 2018, 04:15 PM
Yikes!

Never mind the fact that the supply with screw terminals and no strain relief on the input and output and is an internal chassis mounted supply that is not type designated as it's being presented and sold. I'd personally avoid this particular supply given the fact that the non-strain relieved mains input is potentially hazardous.
Jul 16, 2018, 04:33 PM
I think it's time to fly.
It's an OK product if you're building a modular charging system but not so much as a stand-alone PS.

12V output is somewhat marginal for some chargers.
Latest blog entry: All things that fly.
Jul 16, 2018, 05:16 PM
ISDT chargers really want 24 volts.
Jul 16, 2018, 08:39 PM
Bombs away! Err...landing
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth
Yikes!

Never mind the fact that the supply with screw terminals and no strain relief on the input and output and is an internal chassis mounted supply that is not type designated as it's being presented and sold. I'd personally avoid this particular supply given the fact that the non-strain relieved mains input is potentially hazardous.
Looks like it should be easy enough to put a bracket on the side and run the cord through it for strain relief. I think maybe properly covering up the screws that are at mains voltage should make it safe. But I doubt good enough to pass any official certification.
Jul 17, 2018, 04:33 AM
I'm astonished anyone would sell that supplied with the mains power cord shown. All sorts of potential liability issues when a wire comes loose.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Jul 17, 2018, 05:08 AM
dbc
dbc
A disaster waiting to happen. I’m sunprised RCG would feature a product so poorly designed from a safety perspective.
Jul 17, 2018, 07:02 AM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
Hi,
It for sure should not be marked with a CE marking to be sold here in Europe with that exposed cords in both ends. It is hard to understand why any company would like to sell a power supply with this obviously dangerous design to hobbyist or any other consumer.

This power supply has a label on the side marked with both CE and FCC.
I can not understand how it can conform to any basic safety with the design it has.
It is obviously not a power supply intended to be sold to consumers or hobbyists to be used as it is, it seems to be designed to be built in or not be in reach easily for any person.

/Bo
Last edited by bossee; Jul 17, 2018 at 07:13 AM.
Jul 17, 2018, 07:42 AM
The "server" power supplies that many buy are also not made to be used stand alone and some have the same exposed terminals so why is everyone concerned about these? Yes you have to be careful with the wiring but that goes with any charging system.
Jul 17, 2018, 07:52 AM
I'm not a lawyer but AFAIK if you buy a bare power supply and fit cables yourself then you are responsible for the consequences. Buying one with a lead and mains plug already on it is a bit different - if it's unsafe then the manufacturer/vendor is potentially liable.
Jul 17, 2018, 08:09 AM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
I'm astonished anyone would sell that supplied with the mains power cord shown. All sorts of potential liability issues when a wire comes loose.
It's very common for server power supplies that have been around for a decade or more.
Jul 17, 2018, 08:18 AM
We all should be responsible for how we set up and use our charging equipment. I see this as no big deal. The reason we use server supplies is that they are cheap. These are the same kind of deal IMO.
Jul 17, 2018, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
It's very common for server power supplies that have been around for a decade or more.
It's possibly different in the US, but other countries have strict safety regulations that apply to consumer devices powered by mains voltage. I'm 100% sure this wouldn't comply, with an unsecured mains flex ending in screw connectors.

As mentioned, components like server power supplies would generally be sold 'bare' as they're intended to be built into a case/cabinet rather than used straight out of the box. If someone decides to hook one up direct to the mains supply with exposed terminals etc. then that's at their own risk.

Quick Reply